Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Just a quick rant  about stuff that makes me angry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a quick rant about stuff that makes me angry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 1:41am
If we hear a noise outdoors, it doesn't belong there and probably won't be around too long. We live in a very deep, quiet wilderness with hungry things all around...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 2:20am
I hate motorcycles. Too noisy and dangerous. I especially hate when they blast through traffic and put it on the other drivers to look out for them and keep the road safe. We shouldn't have to be inconvenienced/almost have a wreck so you can feel the wind in your greasy hair, dude.

I'm not a curmudgeon, I promise! I like kittens and strawberries and tulips and the state fair!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Theoted Theoted wrote:

I thought those were your sneakers I heard!

YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP!!!!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE MY SNEAKERS ARE SQUEAKING SO LOUD!!!!!!

(which is odd because I'm sitting down & not even wearing them!!!! Confused)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 2:29am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I hate motorcycles. Too noisy and dangerous. I especially hate when they blast through traffic and put it on the other drivers to look out for them and keep the road safe. We shouldn't have to be inconvenienced/almost have a wreck so you can feel the wind in your greasy hair, dude.

There's a guy who lives around the corner from me who has this really big, loud, rumbling bike. He doesn't race thru the neighborhood or even drive it up & down the street excessively, but about once or twice a day he'll come rumbling by & drown out my TV.

He seems to be mindful of the noise & thus, he rides pretty slow, but it's still annoying.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 2:49am
Cry

...I'm not a curmudgeon, I promise! I like kittens and strawberries and tulips and the state fair!...
That is genuinely saint-like...but not allowed up here, either.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:20am

Currently we live in a neighborhood where no fewer than 5 different homes have dogs that are left out to bark some or all of the day and night. One will finally stop woofing and then another starts howling. It's torture. Our county does nothing about it. The police magically never get here when it's happening. I (allegedly) work from home most of the time, but I spend a lot of the day frustrated and distracted. This is why I have a lot of time to spend on discussion boards. We're moving ASAP but I'm terrified to buy a house and then find out it's in another dog hell.

Animals hate high pitched whines (like from a vacuum cleaner.)  If you could somehow get that sound to carry over to them, you could probably condition them not to bark as much (hear them bark, wwwwwrrrrrrrr sound on until they stop.)  My other suggestion would be to get a dog whistle and irritate them back.  Preferably if they are inside their owner's house at night, then they hear it and start barking....
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:24am

And if it also sounds like a cricket, it's just his legs rubbing together....  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:25am
I've thought about doing the dog whistle thing myself before.

Hook it up to an air compressor hose so that it just goes non-stop for hours at a time.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:27am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

And if it also sounds like a cricket, it's just his legs rubbing together....  LOL

That only happens when I wear courdoroy.

Which is never.

Nobody wears courdoroy anymore.

C'mon, man!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There's a guy who lives around the corner from me who has this really big, loud, rumbling bike. He doesn't race thru the neighborhood or even drive it up & down the street excessively, but about once or twice a day he'll come rumbling by & drown out my TV.

He seems to be mindful of the noise & thus, he rides pretty slow, but it's still annoying.

Nice of him to try, at least, but it's still a nuisance!

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

That is genuinely saint-like...but not allowed up here, either.

Sorry. I'll stick to rants from now on. Embarrassed

Animals hate high pitched whines (like from a vacuum cleaner.)  If you could somehow get that sound to carry over to them, you could probably condition them not to bark as much (hear them bark, wwwwwrrrrrrrr sound on until they stop.)  My other suggestion would be to get a dog whistle and irritate them back.  Preferably if they are inside their owner's house at night, then they hear it and start barking....

That's hilarious. I should try it! I looked into some "birdhouses" that actually make a high-pitched noise when activated by barking. The reviews were mixed so I never got one, but the whistle or vacuum would be a lot cheaper.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 4:13am

You'd want a high frequency sound that humans can't hear.  The less obvious you are, the less chance of incoming returned your way.  Wink  Instead of a compressor, maybe use an aquarium aerator (also quieter on your end.  Maybe just plug the whistle into the hose end?)    I'd also like to note that I'm not advocating the malicious torturing of animals.  The inconsiderate owners, yes....

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 4:26am

You'd want a high frequency sound that humans can't hear.  The less obvious you are, the less chance of incoming returned your way.  Wink  Instead of a compressor, maybe use an aquarium aerator (also quieter on your end.  Maybe just plug the whistle into the hose end?)    I'd also like to note that I'm not advocating the malicious torturing of animals.  The inconsiderate owners, yes....

WinkConsider 'The Taos Hum'.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 1:32am
Evil Smile So both Saturday and Sunday as I'm flipping through the channels looking for something to watch. I run across almost identical situations.  I DO NOT watch either of these shows.  Saturday I hear this woman say something like, "how are we going to tell her she can't keep the cat," so I stop and look.  It's one of these "housewife" type reality shows.  Well, the stupid, careless parents got their kid a kitten and OMG (you can see this one coming), she's allergic to it.  Just P*ssed me off royal--one of my pet peeves.  Sunday, same thing only this time it is Kim Kardashi*ss whining, "Well how was I supposed to know I was allergic to cats?"  Wah, wah, wah!

This is when I feel like Lewis Black! (If you've never seen Lewis, he should be our mascot for any "rave" forum). Because you stupid B*tch, there are several very easy and even inexpensive ways to find this out!  All of this particularly irritates me, is because some people actually watchs these twits and it will make it easy for them to irresponsibly get a pet and then when they don't want it anymore they will use this excuse. It is #1 reason people return pets along with behavior.

And poor kitten of KK, she gave it to an assistant or something and a week later it was dead.  Seems it had some kind of virus or condition for which there are symptoms that KK should have seen almost from the beginning.  A few years ago, KK took someone's unwanted chihuahua even though she doesn't care for dogs (big surprise) but "he's so tiny how much trouble could he be?"  She bitched about that dog and tried to make it sound like she was the victim. Yes, I remember stupid, irresponsible crap people do to animals (among other things).  Just like Jessica Simpson letting her longtime dog get picked up and carried off by a coyote.  Sure, sh*t happens sometimes but it can also be that they are not really paying attention to things about their animals because they are too busy being a BIG  Star
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 2:30am

^  These are the equivalents of people who buy baby chicks for Easter because "they're soooo cute".  Very irresponsible.  Pets aren't toys.  Nor are they tools to teach your child responsibilty.  Nor are they expressions of love.  Adopting an animal isn't something to be taken lightly.  They may not be humans, but they require a lot of the same things.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic