Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pop tarts "crazy good!!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88scorpi0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pop tarts "crazy good!!"
    Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 3:31am
Such an irritating commercial...it shows two cartoon people putting cartoon animated pop tarts in a toaster...then at the end SCREAMS at you "crazy good!" Then makes the most obnoxious "ahhhhhhh!!" sound...very annoying...espicially when I'm trying to sleep (I sleep with tv on).
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 3:37am
Is this it?

88scorpi0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88scorpi0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 4:18am
Yes!!! Why did you do that to me?! Lmao
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 4:25am
LOL!! We have to let everybody else share in the torture, too!Big smile

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

LOL!! We have to let everybody else share in the torture, too!Big smile

Thems the rules. lol!
88scorpi0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88scorpi0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 5:15pm
Haha!!
sainteddie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sainteddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 10:50pm
Haha, I remember loving one of the original Crazy Good commercials that first aired when I was a kid. It involved a lounge singing lizard, if I remember correctly. The commercials are just annoying now though lol
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 2:47pm
Ughhh how annoying!  I hadn't seen that particular one, but I have seen this one, where the pop tart gets conned into hiding in a toaster:

It doesn't have the annoying screaming, but does have the "CRAZY Goood!!" irritant.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 4:21pm
"Crazy"  is becoming the new "awesome". I saw a FiOS commercial where everything was "crazy"
fast. The trend is getting old.

Now, call me old fashioned but I usually equate the word "crazy" to someone who needs a good long stint at the Ha Ha Hotel after exposing himself on the crosstown bus while wearing a tin foil hat and muttering incoherently.

But that's just me...
The artist formerly known as Madawee

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

"Crazy"  is becoming the new "awesome". I saw a FiOS commercial where everything was "crazy"
fast. The trend is getting old.

Now, call me old fashioned but I usually equate the word "crazy" to someone who needs a good long stint at the Ha Ha Hotel after exposing himself on the crosstown bus while wearing a tin foil hat and muttering incoherently.

But that's just me...

Pop Tarts "crazy good"? To me that statement sounds "good and crazy".

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
88scorpi0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 88scorpi0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 2:45am
Lol ur all hilarious and yes I think you're right about crazy becoming the new awesome SMH
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 3:11am

Crazy (as in awesome) has been around a long time.  Back in the 50s, guys were "diggin' that crazy chick", and I don't think they meant Lizzie Borden.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 3:19am
I don't mind the commercial so much as I find the lie it tells rather annoying.

Pop Tarts are not that good.

"Crazy" or otherwise.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 5:41am
I like Poptarts, but they're not something I eat for a mindblowing experience, either.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:07pm

Pop Tarts are OK.  They were great when they first came out, but that was mainly because I was a kid and the idea of putting something other than bread into the toaster was novel.  In my house, they were never for breakfast; they were an occasional treat, kinda like soda or ice cream or cookies.  I don't see how anyone could see this as a breakfast, considering some of the varieties they've come up with---and I had to look this up---American Idol Blue Raspberry, Hello Kitty Meowberry and Wild Bubbleberry (is that bubblegum-flavored? Shocked).

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:28pm
I don't think I have eaten a Pop Tart in over a year. Whenever I buy a box I eat one or two and then get tired of it. I don't like how every food aimed to younger people is "crazy", "epic", "awesome" or "win". I'm really tired of it.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Pop Tarts are OK.  They were great when they first came out, but that was mainly because I was a kid and the idea of putting something other than bread into the toaster was novel.  In my house, they were never for breakfast; they were an occasional treat, kinda like soda or ice cream or cookies.  I don't see how anyone could see this as a breakfast, considering some of the varieties they've come up with---and I had to look this up---American Idol Blue Raspberry, Hello Kitty Meowberry and Wild Bubbleberry (is that bubblegum-flavored? Shocked).

Is that something you find in the "Adults Only" section? I would hate to think of what THAT tastes like! Shocked
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:51pm
LOL  (contains "whiskers").

Or maybe it contains cat meat.

meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 1:46am
Crazy is taking the place of what the word Wicked was used for just a year or two ago I think. Pop tarts to me never tasted right, even as a child I couldn't deal with most flavors. I do not find them "crazy good". And I do not find the commercial at all tolerable, I do not like ads where the product is portrayed as a living thing being tricked into getting eaten. This is my issue with the Cinnamon toast crunch ads also, eating one another etc.
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

Is this it?

I can see how this one is stupid and can get on one's nerves but it sure as hell beats those commercials with those weird cartoon kids with the big heads and the effeminate boys who dance, prance and skip bathing to get their pop tart fix before school.
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 9:11pm
And here, is the one you'd see more often which I also hated.

I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 10:31pm
^please don't bring back memories of THAT I hated those from the start!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

I can see how this one is stupid and can get on one's nerves but it sure as hell beats those commercials with those weird cartoon kids with the big heads and the effeminate boys who dance, prance and skip bathing to get their pop tart fix before school.

Can I safely assume that this one won't ever be shown during any ultimate fighting championships on ESPN anytime soon?

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:33pm
Two things come to mind when I see these ads.

1. If the Poptarts can speak, and run, and clearly think (since they need to hide), wouldn't eating them kind of be like cannibalism? Tasty, berry flavored cannibalism, yes, but cannibalism nonetheless.

2. In the commercial with all the big headed kids, I see the mom with a skinny body, and wonder how the hell that tiny woman would be able to birth a child with such an enormous cranium?

I know I am putting far too much thought into these things, but this is where my deviant mind goes...
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 11:37pm
No, it would just be morally questionable as we're eating another Sapiant species. Humans aren't a glutinous life form with a fructose/gelatin-based blood, and we share no genetic traits with sapient pop tarts, so in no sense is it cannibalism.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is cannibalism, as they're eating each other, and they're all of the same "species".

Kraze ISN'T cannibalism, as a grain-base shell-thing is eating a dairy-based species.

How's that for putting too much thought into things? :D
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic