Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do little girls scream?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do little girls scream?
    Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 3:54am
I don't have kids, don't want 'em. I admire parents for their interminable patience because kids can be the most demanding, unappreciative, obnoxious, inconsiderate, annoying beings on the planet. God love 'em cos I don't.

Now, that off my chest, can anyone explain why little girls scream so much? I just had to turn up the stereo to eleven because some kids were just playing in the neighborhood, and I was seriously wondering if it was time to call the police to come investigate a murder scene because the girls in the group were screaming bloody murder non stop. WTF?!?

Are they starving for attention? Did the 'rents never tell them that screaming is for when BAD things happen only? Are they hopped up on sugar so much that they can't help it? Is it a competition to see who is the most irritating? Someone please help me understand. Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:29am
I know the scream you write of.  It's more a shriek.  An ear-splitting shriek.  Horrible.  My 7 y/o neighbor does it all the time.  And yes, she LOVES attention.  Always has to be the center of it.  "Look what I'm wearing!"  "Watch me somersault!"  "Me. me, me!  Everyone, look at me!"

I was once showing college slides to some college friends on my driveway (projected real big onto the garage door), and she came over and had to stand right in front of the garage door, as if it was a spotlight and the spotlight was on her.

But it's not as if she lacks attention, though.  She gets a LOT of it.  I think that's the problem.  Too much attention; always has to have it.

Cute kid otherwise, though.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:52am
Why do little girls scream?
Simple. They're banshees-in-training.... LOL
suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 12:39pm
So you think they scream when they're little girls?  You should hear them when they're teenagers!  I have a 13-year-old daughter & when her & her friends are together, there are times I pray for deafness.Cry
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 1:26pm
I had a bunch of little girls at my house the other day and, yes, there was a fair amount of screaming, shrieking and hysterical giggling! They came roaring into the kitchen while I was painting, they had stuffed their clothing with pillows etc. wielding foam rubber ninchucks,[spelling?] and they were yelling "we are the fat ninjas"!!! hysterical LOL they all donned swimsuits and ran outside to mess around with the water hose, they filled a wading pool and let a bunch of frogs go for a swim, more shrieking! they rounded it all off with a Wii tournament. This group of girls, though loud, are a delight, they crack me up!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 2:04pm
Yeah, what BigMomma said!

They do it because they're happy.

[Edit from about an hour later LOL]

I swear one day I'm going to have a heart attack from the screaming! 

Try driving a carload of Brownies on field trip day.  It tries the nerves.  Until the day that I can no longer yell louder than the kids, though - I'll stick with them.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 2:47pm
Drats - too late - I was going to suggest you turn on Good Morning America - Miley Cyrus was the concert today. You want to hear SCREAMING!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by suenewtotx suenewtotx wrote:

So you think they scream when they're little girls?  You should hear them when they're teenagers!  I have a 13-year-old daughter & when her & her friends are together, there are times I pray for deafness.Cry

I worked with this woman about 50 y/o who'd shriek whenever any of her former co-workers (who had left the company) would stop in for a visit.  So would the visitor. 

Okay, okay. ladies---I understand you haven't seen each other in all of 2 months, but I'm trying to work here!  Can't you just say "Duuuuuuude.  What's hapnin?", like guys do??

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:00pm
I like kids (I MUST) - and I believe kids should be allowed to be kids until they become mature, contributing memebers of society, or maybe sold to a 'sweat shop' for child labor...I couldn't get anything for mine - so they matured...

Screaming and Shrieking should be against the law, unless it is a genuine '911' matter.'
Don't forget - there are little boys (and even some big ones) who scream and shriek like little girls...I don't care for that, either.

At least there are different sized socks depending upon the size of the mouth that must be accomodated/stuffed...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Drats - too late - I was going to suggest you turn on Good Morning America - Miley Cyrus was the concert today. You want to hear SCREAMING!

At least at a Miley Cyrus concert, the only people who have to hear the screamers, are other screamers.  Can't imagine too many males at a Miley Cyrus show.

God, I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, with all the screamers screaming so loudly, they drowned out the music.  I would have been pissed had I been one of the old folks in that audience who came to see Topo Gigio.

suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

I had a bunch of little girls at my house the other day and, yes, there was a fair amount of screaming, shrieking and hysterical giggling! They came roaring into the kitchen while I was painting, they had stuffed their clothing with pillows etc. wielding foam rubber ninchucks,[spelling?] and they were yelling "we are the fat ninjas"!!! hysterical LOL they all donned swimsuits and ran outside to mess around with the water hose, they filled a wading pool and let a bunch of frogs go for a swim, more shrieking! they rounded it all off with a Wii tournament. This group of girls, though loud, are a delight, they crack me up!!

Oh, I get that, too!  My daughter & her friends are all into "Naruto" & anime, so whenever they get together it's dress up & run around acting like ninjas.  It sounds like your daughter & my daughter would get along really well.Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 5:59pm
Often times they scream because they woke up at night & saw Thor lurking in their closet. Big%20smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Often times they scream because they woke up at night & saw Thor lurking in their closet. Big%20smile

They saw me in their dreams and they're screaming with ecstacy.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They Violet saw me in their her dreams and they're she's screaming with ecstacy.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 6:27pm
Ouch.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 8:32pm
One of the houses living around the small pond I live by has a lanai with a pool, and almost every day it's filled with kids screaming and splashing.  And of course my dogs don't want to go potty outside when they hear kids screaming, it distracts em. It's a lose lose situation.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 11:24pm

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

At least at a Miley Cyrus concert, the only people who have to hear the screamers, are other screamers.  Can't imagine too many males at a Miley Cyrus show.

God, I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, with all the screamers screaming so loudly, they drowned out the music.  I would have been pissed had I been one of the old folks in that audience who came to see Topo Gigio.

I can't stomach Miley Cyrus!!! but I sure did love Topo Gigio!!!
Luanne89 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luanne89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2008 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Yeah, what BigMomma said!

They do it because they're happy.

[Edit from about an hour later LOL]

I swear one day I'm going to have a heart attack from the screaming! 

Try driving a carload of Brownies on field trip day.  It tries the nerves.  Until the day that I can no longer yell louder than the kids, though - I'll stick with them.

Lol, yes.  Being able to out-yell the kids is the key! =]
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 12:34am
Virtual High-Five, my friend!

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 12:55am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

They Violet saw me in their her dreams and they're she's screaming with ecstacy.

STOP IT NOW!!!!  THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!  Angry  (Violet's a moaner.)

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 1:00am
LOL

mutebuttoner View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 1:32am

I remember watching the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, with all the screamers screaming so loudly, they drowned out the music.

And the band still sang in key and played on time - WITH NO MONITORS!! I doubt ANY modern star could do that. Unbelievable.

Thanks for the insights everyone. Kids should be kids, Pa, I agree... and cranky old curmudgeons should be as grumpy as they feel when they hear these damn kids screaming. LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 3:58am

Hmmph.... I woulda pegged her as more of a grunter.

C'mon, man!
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 6:02am

Dead 

Tongue

ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 6:26am

Hmmph.... I woulda pegged her as more of a grunter.

Only when I give it to her up the ---.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic