Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taco Bell/Lorena Garcia "No!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell/Lorena Garcia "No!"
    Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 10:17pm
Some snooty chef trying to go upscale with Taco Bell's food? Give me a break.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7dKV/taco-bell-cantina-steak-burrito-no-feat-lorena-garcia - http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7dKV/taco-bell-cantina-steak-burrito-no-feat-lorena-garcia

Here is the pile of projectile vomit that Taco Bell is trying to pass off as "Cantina" food:

I preferred Taco Bell when it was cheap eats, not a second rate Baja Fresh/Chipotle.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 10:21pm
Taco Bell

Cut it out! You're fast food not an elaborate mexican cantina!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 10:36pm
If I want a burrito like what Taco Bell is trying to pass this off as, I'll go to either Taco Cabana or, even better, Chipotle Mexican Grill.   Now THAT is a damn good friggin' burrito, and filling to say the least.  As huge an appetite as I have, I'm hard pressed to finish the whole thing off in one sitting.   But I always do Wink
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 11:22pm
I find this lady's accent extremely aggravating.  It drives me nuts, and I know they chose her on purpose, just for this reason. 

"Ju know, Taco Bell, ju can go f*ck jorself."
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 1:10am
This woman drives me nuts--she was on Top Chef Masters last year and bugged the heck out of me.  She's probably a really nice person but she just really rubbed me the wrong way!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm--Chipotle.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 2:24am
Fast food restaurants are trying too hard to be trendy and upscale. Stay in your lane and be what you are...fast food. The gourmet crap these places are trying to pimp cannot be made fast, and all the interior upgrades these places do will not change their image.

No matter how hard they try, Taco Bell will always and forever be associated with drunken last call food*.

*Not necessarily the worst thing in the world...until they try to compete with Chipotle or Moe's.
The poster formerly known as producer757
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:36am
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

Fast food restaurants are trying too hard to be trendy and upscale. Stay in your lane and be what you are...fast food. The gourmet crap these places are trying to pimp cannot be made fast, and all the interior upgrades these places do will not change their image.

No matter how hard they try, Taco Bell will always and forever be associated with drunken last call food*.

*Not necessarily the worst thing in the world...until they try to compete with Chipotle or Moe's.

Steve McGrew used say in his comedy routine that TB only has three products, ground beef, cheese and a corn product of some kind...taco, tostada, burrito, its all the same sh*t... just leave it at that and spare us the overly hispanic snooty chef bitch
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 2:56pm
I don't get it. They HAD a steak cantina burrito. Are they saying the steak sucked before and now all of a sudden they're making it even more premium? Ew, just the thought of Taco Bell steak makes me gag. The chicken cantina burrito however is fairly good.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:24pm
can't say it any better than The Onion did 5 years ago..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I find this lady's accent extremely aggravating.  It drives me nuts, and I know they chose her on purpose, just for this reason. 

Ugh, yes, I can't stand this woman, and I'm generally tired of Hispandering in media. If I were English/Spanish bilingual I'd be pretty offended that advertisers think I have -- or would positively respond to -- an unintelligible accent and an over-the-top portrayal of a "spicy Latina." 

Similarly, I don't patronize Chipotle any more because of their corporation's publicly unapologetic stance on some unsavory hiring practices.

Now that Taco Cabana has taken sour cream enchiladas off the menu, I'm limited to Taco Bueno (which doesn't have Diet DP) or Rosa's (which is not convenient but it is delicious!). And occasionally Bell if I'm in the mood for a taco wrapped in a bean burrito. Which I occasionally am. Embarrassed
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Ugh, yes, I can't stand this woman, and I'm generally tired of Hispandering in media. If I were English/Spanish bilingual I'd be pretty offended that advertisers think I have -- or would positively respond to -- an unintelligible accent and an over-the-top portrayal of a "spicy Latina." 

Similarly, I don't patronize Chipotle any more because of their corporation's publicly unapologetic stance on some unsavory hiring practices.

Now that Taco Cabana has taken sour cream enchiladas off the menu, I'm limited to Taco Bueno (which doesn't have Diet DP) or Rosa's (which is not convenient but it is delicious!). And occasionally Bell if I'm in the mood for a taco wrapped in a bean burrito. Which I occasionally am. Embarrassed

Say it ain't so!Cry I haven't tried to order that from them in a while, but I hope it's only a regional thing and the one near me still carries them.  If not, then damn.   Usually I get the quesadilla or Cabana Bowl when I go there, but I loved the sour cream enchiladas.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:51pm

I've never heard "Hispandering" before.  That describes this kind of crap to a T. 

God, she is sooooo awful.  I keep expecting her to shout, "Say hello to my li'l fren!" as she whips a burrito at the camera. 

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:59pm

I avoid Chipotle because their burritos suck.  Well, OK, they're not Taco Bell bad, but I've noticed their burritos becoming lighter and lighter over the years.  Plus, they always fall apart---the ingredients always come spilling out after a few bites.  Plus, they've become almost flavorless.  The whole thing just doesn't congeal into what a burrito should be.

However, I'll make an exception when I get a 2-for-1 coupon in the mail.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:02pm

I've never heard "Hispandering" before.  That describes this kind of crap to a T. 

God, she is sooooo awful.  I keep expecting her to shout, "Say hello to my li'l fren!" as she whips a burrito at the camera. 

That's hilarious! I can't take credit for "Hispandering" but it sure is a handy term.

Insanity, I hope for your sake it's only regional! But if not, maybe Rosa's will expand to your neck of the woods soon. (Houston?) They're even better than Cabana.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:22pm
^^ Is it Rosa's Cafe?  If so then the nearest one is up in College Station, so they haven't expanded quite this far yet.  That one probably does pretty good business though, being in a 'college' city and all.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ Is it Rosa's Cafe?  If so then the nearest one is up in College Station, so they haven't expanded quite this far yet.  That one probably does pretty good business though, being in a 'college' city and all.

Yes, I think so, or Rosa's Tortilla Factory. They're usually bright pink and turquoise. The original was in San Angelo, and they're big in Lubbock, Midland, Abilene, etc. Now we've started seeing them in the Metroplex, PRAISE THE LORD. It seems like college towns are their business model. If you're ever in the neighborhood, get the #55 and you'll forget Taco Cabana existed.

Thor, before I boycotted them, I just admitted defeat and got the "Bol" (aka "bowl"). 
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:40pm
^^ Yeah that's them ... here's the #55 from their website and it has my mouth watering:

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:49pm
That's it! YUM!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:57am

Say it ain't so!Cry I haven't tried to order that from them in a while, but I hope it's only a regional thing and the one near me still carries them.  If not, then damn.   Usually I get the quesadilla or Cabana Bowl when I go there, but I loved the sour cream enchiladas.

I have loved chicken enchiladas "con crema" since I was making them at my G/F's parents family owened restaurant. Crema is slightly thinned sour cream. I don't understand why a business would remove them from their menu.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 1:51am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I have loved chicken enchiladas "con crema" since I was making them at my G/F's parents family owened restaurant. Crema is slightly thinned sour cream. I don't understand why a business would remove them from their menu.

I guess they weren't making enough money on them, but I can't imagine how. They were by far my favorite thing on the menu!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic