Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Papa John's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Papa John's
    Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:04am
Looks like PJ's dog vomit pizzas are making a reappearance.

Spinach Alfredo?  Really?  Sick

Sorry, no pics.  Don't want you to barf all over your key board....
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:16am

We get Papa Jon's commercials all the time. The PJ-Manning comination idiotic giveaway ads were intolerable. 

The pizza? Never have had it. Heck, there isn't even a PJ's within 50 miles, maybe even further, of us.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:02am
What's with Papa John always hunching in his commercials? It looks like he's on the toilet droppin' a deuce.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

What's with Papa John always hunching in his commercials? It looks like he's on the toilet droppin' a deuce.
It's because he's a subhuman douchenozzle.  However, they couldn't name the franchise "Papa Goblin's" or "Papa Morlock's."  That would just be bad for business.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 3:57pm
Once again, I like the pizza, but not the commercials.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:21pm
The only cool thing in their commercials was the gold early 1970s Chevrolet Camaro that Papa John drives around in, other than that the Papa John commercials sucked. I can't think of any good Papa John commercials that I liked.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:11pm
Does anybody else think Papa John acts kind of strange in his commercials.  Awkward, embarrassed, can't look the camera in the eye, well one eye, I think one of his eyes is a jake eye  LOL
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:23pm
Yes, I believe it is a jake eye. Yes, a jake eye!
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:36pm
OK, I'll admit it. I don't know.

What the heck is a jake eye?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

It looks disgusting.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 12:52am
Well, a "jake eye" is not quite right.  It either wanders around on it's own, is slightly squinty, or doesn't move around a lot.  You guys must not be old enough to remember it, this is embarrassing.  Peter Falk had a "jake eye."  I remember in old movies and tv shows that a character would be described as having a "jake eye," just meaning there was something wrong with it. LOL

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 1:16am
I've always heard it called wall-eyed or fish-eyed. Or just a lazy eye. First time I've ever heard the term Jake-eyed, and I was raised on black and white...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 1:39am
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

It's because he's a subhuman douchenozzle.  However, they couldn't name the franchise "Papa Goblin's" or "Papa Morlock's."  That would just be bad for business.

Snort!!! LOL

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I've always heard it called wall-eyed or fish-eyed. Or just a lazy eye. First time I've ever heard the term Jake-eyed, and I was raised on black and white...

Wall-eyed is when you have one or both eyes looking away to opposite sides. Kinda the opposite of cross-eyed.

I lazy eye is when one eye tends to drift then comes back.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 5:29am
Peter Falk had that weird look because he had a glass eye.

Quote The only cool thing in their commercials was the gold early 1970s Chevrolet Camaro that Papa John drives around in

It gets terrible gas mileage because it's made out of real gold....  LOL

Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

It looks disgusting.

That's always been my main complaint with PJ's:  The horrible pics of their products.  That, and the bizarre pizzas they come out with.  Some of them look like they are topped with moldy somethings scraped out of a grease barrel hidden behind the dumpsters.   Dead   I keep expecting a calamari/chunky apple sauce pizza to come out at any time....  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 2:41pm
I don't care much for their sauce.

It has a kind of sweet taste & I like my pizza spicy.

C'mon, man!
Praetorian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:44am

Same here.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:00am
Originally posted by Praetorian Praetorian wrote:

Same here.
It's been a couple of years but the first and last Papa Johns pizza I bought had almost no flavor. I can duplicate that with a cheap frozen "pizza". The "rocket scientist" behind the counter produced a pepperoni pizza when I had ordered a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza (I was the only customer). As she picked it up she declared " Oh! This isn't what you ordered! After she made the correct pizza. I asked what happens to the wrong pizza? Answer: I throw it in the trash. Question: Why not give it to the customer who was inconvinienced by making the wrong pizza? As the gears which were missing about half their teeth ground between her ears I was again being delayed. Then to my surprise she responded: Oh! Thats a good idea. The "free" pizza at least had some taste from the pepperoni, So I guess I scored. Sort of.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:33am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

It's been a couple of years but the first and last Papa Johns pizza I bought had almost no flavor. I can duplicate that with a cheap frozen "pizza". The "rocket scientist" behind the counter produced a pepperoni pizza when I had ordered a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza (I was the only customer). As she picked it up she declared " Oh! This isn't what you ordered! After she made the correct pizza. I asked what happens to the wrong pizza? Answer: I throw it in the trash. Question: Why not give it to the customer who was inconvinienced by making the wrong pizza? As the gears which were missing about half their teeth ground between her ears I was again being delayed. Then to my surprise she responded: Oh! Thats a good idea. The "free" pizza at least had some taste from the pepperoni, So I guess I scored. Sort of.

I worked at Pizza Hut when I was around 20. Anytime we made a mistake, we'd cut that baby up, put it on the back room table & everyone would attack it.

If we hadn't made a mistake & everyone was hungry, suddenly a "mistake" would happen. Sometimes it would be a "call" for a take out pizza from a "customer" who just never showed up. Or maybe the wrong ingredients would just happen to get put on... "Oh look, I accidentally put pepperoni, Canadian bacon & Italian sausage on this large pizza that was supposed to have olives, mushrooms & onions... DAMN!!!"

And sometimes we'd burn one. Those actually were accidents. But if they weren't too charred, we'd eat them anyway.

C'mon, man!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 3:30pm
Usually if we wanted a pizza we'd say "hey (manager on shift's name) I'm gonna make a pizza." 

Working at a pizza place has its perks in the trading department, too.  Since people generally love pizza, we could call up pretty much any restaurant we wanted and 9 times out of 10 they would agree to trade for a couple of larges.   One of my managers would trade with Blockbuster for free movie rentals, or for free pool time at Barney's. 
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 11:57pm
I may be exceptionally easy to please when it comes to pizza, but the Papa Johns in my area are usually friendly, fast, and accurate. And I happen to prefer sweet sauce so they're my favorite of the major chains. 
(But I'm the one who was defending McRib a couple of months ago so...)

My first job was actually at a real Philly pizzeria run by small-town mobsters, and that stuff was GOOD -- pizzas, cheese steaks, hoagies, stromboli, etc. so I know what "good" pizza is supposed to taste like... but sometimes I just want PJ's!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

It looks disgusting.

Sick

As soon as he put on the green toppings I felt sick.

It DOES look like dog vomit!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:55am
Hey, "Better ingredients, better pizza", right...?  LOL

Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 9:39am
Let me get this straight -- PJ's dog has a jake eye, and it made Peter Falk throw up onto a pizza pie?
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 3:17am
Im glad its not just me... But his hunchback pose in EVERY commercial freaks me out. His need to be in every commercial illustrates his complete douchiness
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic