Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2013 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMercedes: Soul

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mercedes: Soul
    Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:25am
Willem Dafoe is the Devil, offering a young man the chance to own a CLA for the price of his soul.
The young man imagines a rich and racy lifestyle with girls and glam, before noticing the car's low (for a Benz) price tag. He declines the Devil's offer.

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:36am
Willem Dafoe is one of my favoirte actors - I do not recall the last time I saw him make a commercial. 
'Extended Version'
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:02am
This one was clever and well executed. I would never buy a Mercedes (they scream "new money") but I enjoyed it.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 7:19pm
One of my favorite Stones song. I hope I don't see this commercial too often because if this song gets ruined, there will be bloodhshed.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 7:24pm
Damn good commercial, Williem Dafoe is good at playing evil characters!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:38pm
Somehow I missed this commercial in the "mad" scramble to try and watch them all. Just saw it this weekend. This is a very good example of how an effective and targeted ad should be made. The guy saying he can afford to buy it himself because of the price is great.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic