Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2013 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTaco Bell: Grande Papi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell: Grande Papi
    Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:37pm

This is exactly how I feel when I go out with my son strapped to my chest. We look so awesome. Minus the crazy calorie torpedo.
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:40pm
I saw this one earlier today. Inoffensive enough, I just hate the random women who make faces at the baby, like is that really how it is? If I send my child out with my husband alone are women going to be cooing over the baby?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Grande papi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grande papi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 10:49pm
That's exactly how it is.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:33am
It starts at a really young age, too.  I've seen little girls 10 years-old, oohing and aahing over babies.  Boys couldn't care less.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 2:37pm
Remind me to never let my husband out of the house alone with my baby, all that extra attention will go to his head.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 3:48pm
Instant muter.  That "song" is annoying enough in English.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I kinda like the song.  Needs to be sped up or something, though.

Here's the acoustic version.  The black chick is Janelle Monae.  She was in that Sonos commercial where she's dressed in a tux and having a party.  I like her.  Very different.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Here's the acoustic version.  The black chick is Janelle Monae.  She was in that Sonos commercial where she's dressed in a tux and having a party.  I like her.  Very different.

I think that's what annoys me about it, Thor.  The tempo between the music and the rapping is waaaay off.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 4:41pm

I think that's what annoys me about it, Thor.  The tempo is way off. 

Yeah, the beat just seems to plod along and drag the song down.  It's supposed to be upbeat---kinda like this very similar song, which does the whole teen anthem thing much better:

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 5:56pm

Actually the Taco Bell commercial uses a variant of this song:

And because it's a direct translation into Spanish, the lyrics aren't synced with the tempo and it sounds even worse than in English.

The song by Fun & Janelle Monae did make a couple of Chevy commercial appearances though .. one of them was with the cars parachuting and doing other stunts.   The other was different scenes of hipsters playing in mud, catching fireflies, rolling down hills, etc.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 6:11pm
^^^ Si.  No me encantan los tempos incongruentes. Dead

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Actually the Taco Bell commercial uses a variant of this song:

And because it's a direct translation into Spanish, the lyrics aren't synced with the tempo and it sounds even worse than in English.

The song by Fun & Janelle Monae did make a couple of Chevy commercial appearances though .. one of them was with the cars parachuting and doing other stunts.   The other was different scenes of hipsters playing in mud, catching fireflies, rolling down hills, etc.

Hmmmm...I'm not seeing the commercial posted here.  It's not playing for me.  I thought it was the other Taco Bell Superbowl commercial that was redone in Spanish.  The one by Fun.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 7:26pm
^^ Ahhhh okay gotcha.  I hadn't seen that one yet, just the Grande Papi one that Nathan posted.   And yeah the exact translation kills the tempo for it as well. 

Here's the Big Poppa one on youtube:

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 7:01pm
Since Mexicans call their kids mommy and daddy, shouldn't the commercial be about the kid?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by wrote:

Since Mexicans call their kids mommy and daddy, shouldn't the commercial be about the kid?
Confused'Ethnicity' really doesn't come into play, in that case - all kids of that age, no matter where they live, all call either of their parents, "mmplfshhh"  - the world is still 'equal' at that point, doncha know.
(maybe that should be where we all cease to progress any further and that would make this a better, bigger, goofier world?)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 10:59pm
All I hear from this song is "gibberish gibberish gibberish gibberish." I usually find myself mocking this whenever it comes on, saying something like "blah-la-la-la-blah-ba-blah-ba-blah-la-la-la-la..."
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:12pm

Hmmm...I'd like this commercial better if they had 'Dad' spoon-ffeding the baby that burrito AFTER it had been turned into mexi-puke in a baby food processor. We could take bets on how long the baby could keep it down...*I* reserve 30 seconds before first baby-backwash, 4 minutes 20 seconds for first flash-puke.

(now, who's got a real baby we can borrow to test this all out??! C'mon, c'mon now, dammit!Hand over 'da brat! Time's-a-passin', money's-a-wastin'...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hector View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 4:02pm
hola grande papi.  I am Hector I am coming from nicaragua and i like this so much i think it is capture the essence of what it is the foods and culture of mexico as well as many latin america. I also think it is cute baby and then when the ladys sees the man it is oh yeah! go grande papi si! 
Hector Denuevo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hector Denuevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 4:08pm
I forget to say to people who don't likes the music this is the classic here in nicaragua we have much love for the poetry that was made by the artist bigge smalls.  i say to him rip christopher wallace.  this man is prophet from brooklyn new yor. i love this man so much or as we call his in nicatagua and latin america el Negro Gordo.  <3 from Hector.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 5:53pm
Hola!  My name is Jennifer Lopez, and I eat tacos y burritos!

- Mark Twain

meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 4:41am

It starts at a really young age, too.  I've seen little girls 10 years-old, oohing and aahing over babies.  Boys couldn't care less.

NOT ME I really really really dislike babies always have always will have no children and want no children, my boyfriend wants no children and thats that. When I see a baby in public it irritates me to the point of anger, and when they make noise, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I need headphones immediately so I do not simply tell the parent make that thing shut up! and get in trouble. Brutally honest yes and all true. I am a 37 year old woman who has felt this way since childhood when I refused to play with dolls, and I have never "changed the way I feel" as I was told would be the case. So do not assume all women are drooling idiots over children we are not.
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 2:04am
Never understood the term, grande burrito.  It's an oxymoron.
A burrito is a little donkey.  
So a grande burrito, would be a big little donkey, which is a regular donkey, which is a burro. 
Just call it a burro, not a grande burrito.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 2:06am
Originally posted by meecepeece meecepeece wrote:

NOT ME I really really really dislike babies always have always will have no children and want no children, my boyfriend wants no children and thats that. When I see a baby in public it irritates me to the point of anger, and when they make noise, AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I need headphones immediately so I do not simply tell the parent make that thing shut up! and get in trouble. Brutally honest yes and all true. I am a 37 year old woman who has felt this way since childhood when I refused to play with dolls, and I have never "changed the way I feel" as I was told would be the case. So do not assume all women are drooling idiots over children we are not.

LOL  There's always someone who claims to be the exception to the rule. LOL

Nothing is ever 100%, but in general, girls and women go crazy over babies.

There are probably a couple of boys and guys that go crazy over babies.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 8:11pm
To clear up the confusion this is a Latin version of the song originally sung by Notorius B.I.G./Biggie Smalls who was gunned down in New York in 1997.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic