Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Nothing's missed with Tena Twist"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 6:16am
Originally posted by stackableg stackableg wrote:

...Still, I can't help but watch it every time it comes on.

Do you like watching it because of the diapers or because of the caterwauling? LOLWinkLOL

Sponsored Links

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 9:32pm
If you want the "caterwauling" only (which is plenty irritating in itself), there's also now a radio version.  I've been hearing it more and more lately.
BigBob View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

If you want the "caterwauling" only (which is plenty irritating in itself), there's also now a radio version.  I've been hearing it more and more lately.
Unfortunately I have also been subjected to the radio version. I was listening to my local classic rock station yesterday and that damn song came on right after "Free Bird". Worst part was I was doing some cleaning and couldn't get over to the radio in time to turn it down so I had to listen to the whole thing.

BigLebowski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigLebowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:22am
First post, generated by my hatred for this commercial and a Google search that brought me here!

I was talking on the phone with my sister weeks ago, and she said this:

"Can you guess which commercial I can't stand? I'll give you hints if you need them."

I immediately replied, "Tena Twist". No hints needed. The commercial is so awful that, as a previous poster pointed out, it is nearly impossible not to watch once you hear the terrible music kick in. The dancing, particularly the second woman of the three, is abhorrent but mesmerizing.

My beloved sister decided to send both myself and my wife free samples of the product- yep, that is how deep our connection to this putrid commercial has become. I am in my early thirties but am now on every single old-man-product mailing list you could possibly think of; by the way, what I received was a couple pairs of what I can only call, "fluffy underpants" and a few pads. Seriously these underpants are like a terry cloth robe with a small pad insert. Very comfortable summer wear. Thanks, sis, for everything!

Stapes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stapes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 6:34pm
Also my first post here, just to register my disgust with this annoying Tena Twist commercial. My main complaint is the melody line that does not work with the music! Is this thing in 2 different keys? As a musician, every time I hear this thing it sets my teeth on edge. Where is the melody going? Is the singer's voice so uncertain that she can't land on the right pitch or did someone actually write this thing this way, so that the word "twist" ends up on "re"? Not cool for a mainstream commercial. AARGGHH! Not many commercials get me this aggravated. This is right up there with the "free credit report.com" ads. That elicits an immediate channel change from me, no matter where I am in the house.

Gosh, thanks for letting me vent!
BigBob View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 2:29am
Another thing that bugs me about this commercial is how it only shows people that aren't even that old using their "diapers". I mean, are that many people in their 30s and 40s having trouble controlling their bodily functions? I guess it's a ploy to make the real target for this product(people in their 60s on up) feel young and hip or something like that. 
Hate-Tenatwist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hate-Tenatwist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 6:12am
I signed up just so I can express my loathing of this commercial, and I am SO HAPPY I am not alone... As many have already said, it's not so much the twisting ladies or the stupidity of the commercial - it's the SINGING and the MUSIC... absolutely horrid. I had the "pleasure" of hearing this ad first on the radio and almost broke the radio in anger... then, I had the "privilege" to see the commercial... just terrible. But, I guess the commercial achieves it's goal: it's unforgettable.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 1:58pm

^  It might be unforgettable, but for some reason, I'm still wanting to pronounce it "Tina Twist", and I keep thinking it's for some weight loss product.

ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013 at 7:24pm
Add me to the list of people who can't stand this commercial. I don't mind the bad dancing (though, it really is bad), but I mind the terrible "singer". Her voice is so flat and lifeless. It's grating!
"Out of all the worst possible things, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"
zelskid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelskid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 9:52pm
Commercial is ok. They don't want you to buy Depends
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 1:28am
Originally posted by BigLebowski BigLebowski wrote:

First post, generated by my hatred for this commercial and a Google search that brought me here!

"Can you guess which commercial I can't stand? I'll give you hints if you need them."

I immediately replied, "Tena Twist". No hints needed. The commercial is so awful that, as a previous poster pointed out, it is nearly impossible not to watch once you hear the terrible music kick in. The dancing, particularly the second woman of the three, is abhorrent but mesmerizing.

My beloved sister decided to send both myself and my wife free samples of the product- yep, that is how deep our connection to this putrid commercial has become. I am in my early thirties but am now on every single old-man-product mailing list you could possibly think of; by the way, what I received was a couple pairs of what I can only call, "fluffy underpants" and a few pads. Seriously these underpants are like a terry cloth robe with a small pad insert. Very comfortable summer wear. Thanks, sis, for everything!

No kidding!  You mean there's actually a men's version of this product?  Since there's not a single man present in the commercial (including the "narrator"), I assumed this was specifically a feminine product.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 5:30am
Originally posted by jms956 jms956 wrote:

Dead  This commercial defines obnoxious and moronic...Middle-age Fat women shaking their butts with camera zooming in on same to see if a leak appears from their privates.  "OH YEAH!  I've been WAITING for this visual!  LEAK, Baby, LEAK!  Can't you twist and shake it harder to make the leakage come out?  How about in color?  YEAH!  How about a nice big RED SPOT to gross out your viewers?  TWIST MORE!  SPOT, Baby, SPOT! You can do it!"  I mean, what was the writer thinking about when she or he created this obnoxious demonstration dance?  Why not just jump up and down with knees spread akimbo like a crazy jungle tribesman looking to expel some demon from their nether region?  THAT might get the leak to appear!  ARRRRRGGGGGG!!!  Madison Avenue has lost it's mind.

But what is so counter-intuitive about this commercial is that it uses the wrong models.  Fat women don't have as big of a problem keeping their pads in place.  It's SKINNY WOMEN with nothing to keep the pad from falling down or floating around who worry more about leakage.  So this commercial is not just obnoxious and visually offensive, it is just plain WRONG in trying to demonstrate the product with the wrong models.  As long as they are insulting your EYES, they might as well insult your BRAIN TOO, right?

You're incorrect on a couple of points.

First, "red spots" are not what this product is for.

Second, overweight women have more problems with incontinence than skinny women. And overweight women have issues with pads staying in place, too.

I don't know if you're a man or a woman, but unless you're a woman who has been both skinny and fat, you can't know who has a more difficult time keeping a pad of any kind in place.

LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 1:59am
I just saw this on tv. That so-called singing is sadly lacking. Aren't there any out-of-work singers that can carry a tune?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 2:19am
They've shortened this Oh dammit the damn commercial just came on a few seconds ago! Luckily it was muted!

Ahem...

As I was saying, They've shortened this ad considerably, the song is only played once. Then they go into the spiel on what it does, then they go back to the song and the overweight dancer.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
BigLebowski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigLebowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

Originally posted by BigLebowski BigLebowski wrote:

No kidding!  You mean there's actually a men's version of this product?  Since there's not a single man present in the commercial (including the "narrator"), I assumed this was specifically a feminine product.

Yep! I believe it was marketed as 'Tena for Men' but don't hold me to that. I think most incontinence brands offer a line of products geared towards men but you won't see them advertised. Too touchy a subject for most guys, I guess :-).
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 10:14pm
Dear lord this commercial sucks!! The singing is annoying, the music is annoying, and the dancing is annoying. Enough said.
Steener122 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steener122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 1:05am
Ugh!! This commercial is awful and that stupid song get stuck in my head! Have you ever walked around with a song that's in a commercial that's about urine stuck in your head? It's horrible I just want to smash my head into a wall!
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 11:48am
Is it just me or are there more and more commercials coming out about adult diapers. The Tena Twist is the absolute worst because it gets stuck in your head for days on end. Oh what are you humming? Just a song about not being able to control my bladder so I wear a diaper.
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Steener122 Steener122 wrote:

Ugh!! This commercial is awful and that stupid song get stuck in my head! Have you ever walked around with a song that's in a commercial that's about urine stuck in your head? It's horrible I just want to smash my head into a wall!

Exactly!!! I have it stuck in my head just about every day. It is so awful and irritating. I too would like to smash my head into a wall.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 5:59am
I should have signed up a long time ago - but this Tena ad is VERY annoying. Been airing for months. Why in the world do you celebrate and dance around because you enjoy your adult diapers? Horrible!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 6:42am
Dancing around like an idiot to a song about urine...what will those pathetic cringing little milksops on Madison Ave. think of next?
OuchAngryDeadAngryOuch

AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 5:02am
Thankfully (well, hardly, but er um) they've got it down to just 1 lady and a shortened version of the horror that is that commercial.  But, the horrible people that came up with this campaign have succeeded -- the song has become the most hated earworm.Dead
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 5:13pm
I think I saw this commercial 20 times last night on Hallmark channel.
atikovi View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atikovi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 1:18am
I did a Google search on Tena and this forum came up. I was curious as to what exactly a Tena is after seeing this commercial with the big women gyrating around to hip music on Judge Judy day after day after day. I thought they were pushing feminine hygiene pads or whatever women call those things since the actress looks to be late 30’s.  Never would have imagined diapers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic