Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened to Progressive Flo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to Progressive Flo?
    Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:43am
Now, I don't want to jinx things by mentioning it, but her commercials seem to come on a lot less, and when they do they're repeats of older ones, like they stopped making new ones or something.

What a breath of relief. Plenty of other companies have taken up a lot of the slack, though, unfortunately.
Sponsored Links

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:44am
I hate to tell you this, but I saw a new one today (new to me at least). She was in pouring rain talking to a male client like it was some Nicholas Sparks chick flick. *shudder*
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:45am
Hopefully she married the Messenger and they moved far far away and out of the advertising spotlight.  With any luck they adopted the Geico gecko as a pet and took him with them, but that could be wishful thinking.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 5:22am
Sadly, she's still around.  I just saw the f*cking Flo-Bot one today.  Dead
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 12:30pm
God yes, she has some new ones alright. That annoying person that shows up, uninvited. Demands you pay attention to whatever she has to sell. Don't let the screen door hit yer big ass on the way out Flo.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 1:49pm
Yeah, I've been seeing the same one that LittleO mentioned.  I don't really mind Flo, for some reason.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 4:38pm
Is it me or is she getting less annoying? She's acting normal for some reason! Maybe since the godawful talking policy commercial, in comparison Flo looks pretty benign.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I hate to tell you this, but I saw a new one today (new to me at least). She was in pouring rain talking to a male client like it was some Nicholas Sparks chick flick. *shudder*
No luck on youtube video but I agree. Awful.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 9:26pm
I'd like to see that one.
Brad View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2012 at 11:41pm

I actually like this one, only in that it's departure from the old insurance store ones.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2013 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Brad Brad wrote:

I actually like this one, only in that it's departure from the old insurance store ones.

Thanks for the video Brad. As I am typing it is playing on TV. It's weird how often this happens.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 9:49pm
Wet T-shirt Flo.................WOO HOO!!!
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:15pm
She looks pretty fat there. Maybe it's because her hair is down.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2013 at 10:46pm
I don't think Flo was ever considered shapely or skinny. Her uniform certainly doesn't help either.
Nice touch with her water proof bra btw.
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:49am
The actress that plays Flo is on the Tonight Show sometimes; she and two other guys haul a long table around to various places, where they sit and discuss people as they go about their business (dental hygienists, etc). She's almost unrecognizable without that gawdawful red lipstick and white apron.
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 2:16am
Isn't the one where the woman comes in yelling "Where's Flo?" kinda new? because Flo gave her hubby a 'name your price' tool and now the guy thinks he can juggle chainsaws.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 3:30am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Isn't the one where the woman comes in yelling "Where's Flo?" kinda new? because Flo gave her hubby a 'name your price' tool and now the guy thinks he can juggle chainsaws.

Ugh I HATE that commercial!Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 3:15pm
I wish that douchebucket "OverFLO" would move to Greenland so that she could not 'star' in Progressive commerciald any more.  AngryDeadAngry

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic