Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect Polly, the singing parakeet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Polly, the singing parakeet
    Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 1:07pm

Your entire family will love the fun you'll have with Perfect Polly, the singing parakeet.

Yet, I just wanna bite its head off.

No, I take that back.  I wanna bite the heads off of everyone in this commercial, all behaving as if this is an actual live bird.  Just look at 'em!  Shocked

Sponsored Links

robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 5:57pm
I can't view the ad. But if this is what I think it is I hate to admit it, but I kind of want one. I collect things like this. Electronic pets, robots, Tamagotchis, Furbys, any kind of mechanical or electronic critter. These kinds of things do serve a purpose. They're good for people who want a pet but can't have a real one for some reason. No electronic pet can be as complex as a real one, but sometimes a mechanical pet is better than none at all. I'm kind of pet obsessed so I have nine real dogs, two real cats and many many electronic pets. Part of the reason I stockpile electronic pets is in case I ever find myself in a position where I can't have a real pet. The other part is that I just think they're cool. I wish someone would make a mechanical lizard. I miss the iguanas I had as a kid, but I can't afford all the stuff it would take to properly care for a real one.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by robodog robodog wrote:

I miss the iguanas I had as a kid, but I can't afford all the stuff it would take to properly care for a real one.

I have a stuffed iguana.  An actual one, not a fluffy, kiddie toy.  I got it at an antiques sort of place---this big old ramshackle barn that sells whatever people are trying to get rid of.  The sticker on it said it was stuffed in the 1930s or 1940s.

Nevertheless, I just can't see viewing Iggy or Juana (I don't know the gender) as any sort of pet or animal-like companion.  To me, a fly would offer more pet companionship.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 7:41pm
Not had one, but known an Iguana and his pet...err...owner.

THey are remarkably sweet animals, and can be quite affectionate when raised properly.

Still, birds rank way up the list as good pets...especially parakeets. Let them sit on your shoulder, and they'll spend hours preening your hair, giving your ear beak-kisses, singing...so sweet.

I wondered if hamsters would do something like that....he used my hair to make a nest and fell asleep on top of my head...
Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 7:50pm
Somebody gave me one of these birds.  The batteries wear out quickly if you have it in a high traffic area. So if it annoys you it will cease in a fairly short time. 
robodog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robodog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by robodog robodog wrote:

I miss the iguanas I had as a kid, but I can't afford all the stuff it would take to properly care for a real one.

I have a stuffed iguana.  An actual one, not a fluffy, kiddie toy.  I got it at an antiques sort of place---this big old ramshackle barn that sells whatever people are trying to get rid of.  The sticker on it said it was stuffed in the 1930s or 1940s.

Nevertheless, I just can't see viewing Iggy or Juana (I don't know the gender) as any sort of pet or animal-like companion.  To me, a fly would offer more pet companionship.

The difference between a stuffed animal and a mechanical pet is that most electronic pets have animatronic movement and sensors placed throughout the body to detect touch and sound so they can actually respond to the owner's actions. I wouldn't see a stuffed creature as a companion at all, but I've gotten very attached to some of the electronic pets I've had over the years.

On the subject of birds, yes they can make great pets. In my teen years I worked in a pet store and became friends with the cockatoo that lived there. His name was Bud and he got excited whenever I walked in the room. I'd have to spend a few minutes petting him before I could go about my buisness.
Cockatiels also make awesome pets. Mine could talk, and the poster who said birds will sit on your shoulder and preen your hair is absolutely correct. I remember one day I was asleep on the couch and having a terrible nightmare. I woke up and the fear immediately melted away because my birds were there preening me. Maybe they sensed I was in distress. Animals are smarter than most folks give them credit for. I love animals.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:19pm
^^ Sounds like Perfect Polly isn't so perfect after all. Did you get all excited like that perfect family did in the commercial?Wink  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 8:29pm
God, what a stupid toy, whatever it is. But golly g Wally, no mess.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 9:25pm
The ones that buy this are most likiely the ones who have "Present Wars"with people they know. Those that get them this Christmas will "Retaliate" with other schlock gifts (That's Chia Pets, Salad Shooters, Clappers and other assorted tnotchke for those of you in Rio Linda!) next year. LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

The ones that buy this are most likiely the ones who have "Present Wars"with people they know. Those that get them this Christmas will "Retaliate" with other schlock gifts (That's Chia Pets, Salad Shooters, Clappers and other assorted tnotchke for those of you in Rio Linda!) next year. LOL

Kinda like the Big Mouth Billy Bass, too.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 4:22am

Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Kinda like the Big Mouth Billy Bass, too.

The fellow who came out with the Big Mouth Billy Bass made over 2.1 GIGABUCKS In 2000. LOL I wish I come out with with something that would make me a mere 2.1 Megabucks, which would be more than enough for me to live comfortably for the rest of my life! Confused
Poiuyt Power!!!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 2:07pm
I just ordered one of these...it'll be amusing to see how long it takes before my cat Nikki gets pissed off at all the damn chirping and bites its head off...but I suspect that the headless stupid dead bird will still chirp!!! OuchLOLConfusedLOLOuch

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

I just ordered one of these...it'll be amusing to see how long it takes before my cat Nikki gets pissed off at all the damn chirping and bites its head off...but I suspect that the headless stupid dead bird will still chirp!!! OuchLOLConfusedLOLOuch

My 1y/o cat, Rocco, goes nuts whenever I play a bird video on Youtube.  It's not the video that bothers him; it's the audio.  He thinks the bird is inside the speakers behind me, not in the computer monitor, and you can see him trying to find a way to get inside those speakers.  He'd probably love this toy, too.

regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:12pm

My 1y/o cat, Rocco, goes nuts whenever I play a bird video on Youtube.  It's not the video that bothers him; it's the audio.  He thinks the bird is inside the speakers behind me, not in the computer monitor, and you can see him trying to find a way to get inside those speakers.  He'd probably love this toy, too.

My Dog (Sammy, a Toy Poodle) has a HISSY FIT whenever he sees a Dog or some other critter on TV. He'll yap his head off, wondering why he isn't getting a reply! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:28pm

I've never seen that commercial before today...and I never want to see it again - Thanks Thor.

I know 'Santa's Chinese Workshop' must be pumping these out as quick as possible.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 7:37pm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 8:12pm
^^ What the h*ll was that?LOL

Tampy, when you receive the Perfect Polly I expect a Review in Recommend Forum.Wink 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Oldiesmann View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldiesmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Tampy, when you receive the Perfect Polly I expect a Review in Recommend Forum.Wink 

That's from a smartphone app called "Talking Tom & Ben News". A few years ago, a company called OutFit7 developed an app called "Talking Tom Cat", which allowed users to have the cat repeat whatever they said in a highly annoying squeaky voice like the one heard in the video. For some reason, that app took off and became hugely popular. They've since developed several other "Talking Friends" apps, as well as the "Talking Tom & Ben News". In addition to repeating whatever you tell them, you can do other things to get the characters to annoy one another and/or do stupid things such as falling out of their chairs (going by the description for the Android app).
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
Cincinnati, Ohio
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 11:26am
The ad sucks, but the bird itself is kinda cool. I wouldn't mind having one.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

You'll get a review -- though I cannot guarantee with absolute, positive, 100% certainty that it'll be in the "Recommended" forum -- if it's a PWPOSMF then it might end up in another forum on this BBS...hmmm, that particular forum is called, "Recommended / Not Recommended" so it would end up there anyway. LOLSmileLOL

It'll get a bit of a review on my own website too, but I do have to keep it G-rated because some of my audience is under 13. Tongue

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 1:54am
They still haven't charged my bank card, nor did I ever receive a confirmation email -- so I'm already beginning to wonder if I'll get the sodding stupid dead bird at all. Confused

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 1:38pm
Hmmm...those butt monkeys still haven't charged my bank card; it's beginning to look like a mutual annihilation event here folks...O WAIT!!! WRONG FORUM!!! Wink I mean, "I may not get the sodding stupid dead chirping bird without a vent {bunghole} at all" which tells me that Telebrands may be a shoddy POS company. Confused

I so want to get this bird, see how long it takes for my cat to bite its head off, get all pissed off that the asinine thing is still chirping, and proceed to "bete" "thuh" "livengh" "tweadle" "owt" "uv" "itt" "wiht" "uh" "toliet" "brusche"!!! AngryWinkAngry

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 11:08pm
Maybe they're all out of Perfect Pollys, being how they're perfect.  Use their toll free number and demand a Perfect Polly.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

LOL that's a funny image, hope you get your Perfect Polly to test that scenario out, singing headless mechanical bird, tee hee!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic