Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - T-Mobile motorcycle chick trades for helicopter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T-Mobile motorcycle chick trades for helicopter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T-Mobile motorcycle chick trades for helicopter
    Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 4:15am

It's less annoying I guess, kind of sick of the pinkwashing though. Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 2:15pm
She's a lot hotter than she was when she was wearing those pink little-girl dresses.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 3:39pm
Please let her lose control of the helicopter and crash right into one of the thousands of towers she was counting in the previous commercial.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Please let her lose control of the helicopter and crash right into one of the thousands of towers she was counting in the previous commercial.

Smile  She seems so well endowed, all of a sudden. If they crash in the water those snuggle pups will keep her afloat.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Smile  She seems so well endowed, all of a sudden. If they crash in the water those snuggle pups will keep her afloat.

She's smuggling a couple of tumors, care of the 4G radiation. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 11:11pm

This one is much more tolerable than 'Towers'.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 12:23am

I am very familiar with helicopters. She is in the right seat which is in military helicopters normally (but not always) the Pilot in Command's seat. She enters the helicopter while it is running and appears to be an observer. Not the pilot. If a military pilot flew under the St. Louis arch and got caught they would no longer be a pilot. I am reasonably sure a privately licensed pilot would also be suspended by the FAA.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 1:07am
So, Bimbo of the Year wants to go flying with the birds. I say, that helicopter should knock into every single cell tower owned by T-Mobile and crash lands in the Arizona desert and a pack of wolves come out and...do I really need to say it. These ads are so bad it makes me laugh every time I see her little pug like face. LOL But, really I don't hate actress Carly Foulkes, BUT, she could do so much better with her career, rather than waste it on ads that make you... Dead! So, I say this to T-Mobile... "Censored you and Censored your nonsensical advertisements you idiotic cell phone provider and just go out of business already! You suck and no one likes you, so just do us a favor and die."
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 2:09am
I'd like someone to explain the relevance of this ad. Does it mean if I use T-Mobile that I too can fly a helicoptor?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 3:39am
Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

I'd like someone to explain the relevance of this ad. Does it mean if I use T-Mobile that I too can fly a helicoptor?
LOLSure would beat being able to 'Paint the Town Pink', doncha know.
Yea, yea, yea - I've got T-Mobile and I'm learning all about helicopters because I don't care for the 'alternative'.  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Cantstanzya View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cantstanzya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 6:47am
She does look good, but what is the deal with this new series? They are wasting a lot of production money on these lame attempts to show us how fast their network has become.

At least these don't have the stupid "Dallas, Denver, Anaheim" rap.
Thank you DVR!
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012 at 12:28pm
cky is really that down for cash? i honestly never thought i would see the day where goddamn CKY is selling their music to commercials. its not even their new garbage music either. ugh
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 7:20am
Originally posted by fishingmachine fishingmachine wrote:

cky is really that down for cash? i honestly never thought i would see the day where goddamn CKY is selling their music to commercials. its not even their new garbage music either. ugh

queens of the stone age - You think i aint worth a dollar but i feel like a millionaire.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by fishingmachine fishingmachine wrote:

I think this is the sort of thing artists want nowadays.  They can no longer rely on album sales (when you can buy individual songs off of iTunes) or touring (how many have even heard of this band?) or MTV.  So, they rely on getting their songs featured in TV commercials, movies and video games.  I'll bet it's as vital a part of their contracts as is selling songs on iTunes.  In fact, it probably helps them sell songs on iTunes.  It's all about exposure.

The whole idea that an artist's art is supposed to remain somehow pure and unsullied by commercial interests went out long ago.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think this is the sort of thing artists want nowadays.  They can no longer rely on album sales (when you can buy individual songs off of iTunes) or touring (how many have even heard of this band?) or MTV.  So, they rely on getting their songs featured in TV commercials, movies and video games.  I'll bet it's as vital a part of their contracts as is selling songs on iTunes.  In fact, it probably helps them sell songs on iTunes.  It's all about exposure.

The whole idea that an artist's art is supposed to remain somehow pure and unsullied by commercial interests went out long ago.

I think you hit several nails squarely on the head there.

Music nowadays is just another product. Mass produced & marketed like any other cheap, disposable crap.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 2:56pm
It's why I got into punk-rock and New Wave music in the 70s.  It was a breath of fresh air.  Of course, all those artists probably wanted to be big, too.  But at least in the meantime, they hadn't yet "sold out".

I have no problem with artists selling out.  I understand they wanna make money.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy into it.  I've said here before that an artist's first few albums are usually their best.  After that, they usually just start doing what their record companies say they should do.  That's "selling out", too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:03pm
With the exception of Neil Young.

Never sold out, never did what he was told.

Told the record execs to f.o.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:22pm
Yeah, Neil Young definitely.  But he's not desperate for money.  Who knows what kind of music he'd be doing if he was.

I remember in the early days of U2, Bono saying how much he hated the rock superstars, and that he never wanted to become one.  I thought he was full of sh*t even then.  I never liked their music to begin with, so I don't know if they sold out musically, but I'm sure they geared their music to sell, sell, sell.  And Bono remains as sanctimonious as ever.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

With the exception of Neil Young.

Never sold out, never did what he was told.

Told the record execs to f.o.

I was a Buffalo Springfield fan before they were cool. There is also Frank Zappa ("No commercial potential").
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 4:19pm

Yeah, Neil Young definitely.  But he's not desperate for money.  Who knows what kind of music he'd be doing if he was.

I remember in the early days of U2, Bono saying how much he hated the rock superstars, and that he never wanted to become one.  I thought he was full of sh*t even then.  I never liked their music to begin with, so I don't know if they sold out musically, but I'm sure they geared their music to sell, sell, sell.  And Bono remains as sanctimonious as ever.
I liked 'With or Without You' and let's see... No. That was about it. 'Bonehead'? Whatever...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 4:19pm
One thing I have to say for the metal bands that AngryMcP posts, they remain pretty true to their music.

Original Cyn View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Original Cyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 9:34pm

I have no problem with artists selling out.  I understand they wanna make money.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy into it.  I've said here before that an artist's first few albums are usually their best.  After that, they usually just start doing what their record companies say they should do.  That's "selling out", too.

I was going to cite U2 as the personification of your quote above, only to find two posts down from it:

I think I love you for the above comment.

My album and CD collections are riddled with countless bands' first 2 or 3 releases and nothing more due to losing interest in the music they morphed into writing/playing.

The last decent album U2 put out was The Unforgettable Fire -- I was a fan of Boy and War (and Blood Red Sky), but once The Joshua Tree came out, I was done with them -- not only for the crap sellout music, but also reaching the end of my tether with U2's rhythm section being utter s**te.  Bono becoming a smarmy douche only fueled my disdain for them.
"Well-behaved women rarely make history." ~~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Original Cyn Original Cyn wrote:

I was going to cite U2 as the personification of your quote above, only to find two posts down from it:

I think I love you for the above comment.

My album and CD collections are riddled with countless bands' first 2 or 3 releases and nothing more due to losing interest in the music they morphed into writing/playing.

The last decent album U2 put out was The Unforgettable Fire -- I was a fan of Boy and War (and Blood Red Sky), but once The Joshua Tree came out, I was done with them -- not only for the crap sellout music, but also reaching the end of my tether with U2's rhythm section being utter s**te.  Bono becoming a smarmy douche only fueled my disdain for them.

If you loathe U2 (like me) you might enjoy this read (excessive language warning):

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 10:07pm

If you loathe U2 (like me) you might enjoy this read (excessive language warning):

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst

I see the writer used the same word I did to describe them---sanctimonious.

Back in the 70s, I kept hearing about how I should like them, and how great they were.  At the time, I was getting into a lot of punk and New Wave music, and U2 fit that bill.  But they just didn't work for me.  Maybe it was Bono or maybe it was the actual music, but they were probably the first punk band that I actively disliked rather than one I simply ignored.

Annoyedalot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annoyedalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 7:58pm
Is she the same girl in that "One, Two, Kalamazoo" ad where she's on the motorcycle?  My lord, she's hot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic