Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - State Farm Blah Blah Insurance Person Come Help!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm Blah Blah Insurance Person Come Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

This one now, too.

I used to crack up at the "I got you dollar" shtick until I realized how stupid it was.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

RoastGecko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoastGecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 2:07am
i can think of 150 other uses for that money that would've made this commercial stick, but no they pander to sexism and make stupid crap like that.

on the desert video, yea im sure the major insurance agency like state farm would have you on hold WAAAAAY less longer than whatever else the other guy supposedly had. thats really the only thing i felt that commercial was trying to tell us, just the agent showing up to tell the guy hes covered doesnt make me want to buy anything from state farm.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 3:40am
It's kind of ironic that someone would spend so much for a purse that they have no money left put put in it.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 3:53am
The one with the middle aged to older housewife????????.Geek
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by RoastGecko RoastGecko wrote:

on the desert video, yea im sure the major insurance agency like state farm would have you on hold WAAAAAY less longer than whatever else the other guy supposedly had. thats really the only thing i felt that commercial was trying to tell us, just the agent showing up to tell the guy hes covered doesnt make me want to buy anything from state farm.

If that incident happened at 2:00pm on Sunday, no local insurance agent will be picking up their phone as the office is closed.
You first call the cops for an accident report and then a towing company if need be.
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 7:43am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

This one plays all the damn time here, and every time it comes on, I wanna tell "Jimmy" that maybe f he actually knew the name of his currant insurance company they'd be more helpful. Then I wanna draw my knife and stab him so I never have to hear from him again.
I'm sick of these damn commercials!
Julie
capejt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capejt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 5:34am
These commercials are proof that Satan is alive and well on Madison Ave.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 7:22pm
The only cool thing about the commercial the OP posted is that the phone is a rotary dial. Cool
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 11:12pm
I'd like to slap Jimmy!  He gets into a wreck, he doesn't remember/know the name of his agent, when his Mom appears trying to help her dumbass son (after he conjures/pulls her out of whatever she had been doing), he yells at her like she's the stupid one. Annoying, unattractive, moron.

A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:22am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by MarioBalotelli MarioBalotelli wrote:

I don't know why, but I want to punch that kid in the face. I would apologize and buy him ice cream afterwards, of course.
LOL! And I was just wondering why the adults didn't tell him to "Go play in the desert and see if you can find wiggly things that rattle and little bugs with their tails in the air..." - and then LEAVE him.
I wouldn't buy him ice cream...you're too nice.
That kid got hit with the ugly club. LOL
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
effstupid View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote effstupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 4:23am
Ok I really hate the purse one. Two broke bitches in a purse store flipping out over bags they can't afford, but abrafreakingcadabra one remembers she saved some $ on her insurance so takes her last $150 in the world and, instead of buying groceries she buys the purse. This makes her look worse than her friend and simply perpetuates the stereotype of spoiled, irresponsible, impulsive, vapid brat whose daddy is gonna have to bail her out at rent time. It makes us have very little hope for the current generation.
craighwk View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote craighwk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Originally posted by Lemmol Lemmol wrote:

I think Jimmy's mom should kick her stupid son's ungrateful ass for being disrespectful.
Jimmy's mom has a wierd mouth. For some reason I'm disgusted by the way her lips move when she says "six callers ahead of us Jimmy!".

This is what freaks me out about this ad as well, especially in the shorter version.  Something about the mom's mouth is really creepy to me, especially with the weird upside down smile at the very end.  Ugh.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 9:37pm
^^^that isn't MOM - it's Grandma.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by craighwk craighwk wrote:

Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Originally posted by Lemmol Lemmol wrote:

I think Jimmy's mom should kick her stupid son's ungrateful ass for being disrespectful.
Jimmy's mom has a wierd mouth. For some reason I'm disgusted by the way her lips move when she says "six callers ahead of us Jimmy!".

This is what freaks me out about this ad as well, especially in the shorter version.  Something about the mom's mouth is really creepy to me, especially with the weird upside down smile at the very end.  Ugh.

This woman looks like my deceased grandmother. Same f**king annoying lips and face. I never wanted to go visit them.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 3:50am
I don't like the way Jimmy treats his son, either. Great role model, too, to be nasty to the Grandma the boy is happy to see. Who the *(&@ writes this ad copy? 
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:19am
I also can't stand that lame ditz who got some phoney *ss hipster who cajoles "Oh, Bonjour". Then makes that snarky smirk, Knowing how much of a BS artist he is.AngryTongueCensoredThumbs DownGeek
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

I also can't stand that lame ditz who got some phoney *ss hipster who cajoles "Oh, Bonjour". Then makes that snarky smirk, Knowing how much of a BS artist he is.AngryTongueCensoredThumbs DownGeek

That commercial bugs me because as the ditzy blonde leaves with the fake french guy I  keep wondering "Is that dude going to let his friend go off with the creepy internet stalker?".

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 9:36pm
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:15pm
PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:36am
devil_barista_by_jmcinnis23-d4f8lln.jpg" />

Someone send the ad twerps to what I like to call, Devil Barista Coffeeshop--where admen get served poison coffee 'til they're sick. 
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

YES! Thank you. I know people on these forums hate that commercial, but I thought I was the only one who hated it for that very reason. I can't stand that douchebag at the end, and I know they were trying to make him unappealing, but even then, he's just intolerable as a character because of his snarky hipster mannerisms.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 3:28pm
Must help that neither of us have any clue what hipster is, but my mum really loves that commercial. I like it because "One day, that'll be you, mum." Because she's definitely the kind who believes everything she reads on the internet without me over her shoulder now and again/
effstupid View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote effstupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 10:04pm
Why in the world do people keep referring to the "French model" as a hipster? I honestly thought there was another commercial I had not seen. Whoever keeps calling this guy a hipster does not know what hipster means. There is NOTHING hipster about this character at all, and I dont think they are trying to make him one. He is SUPPOSED to be an ugly dork
without a clue except for how to get a ditzy chick to go
ga ga over him because of him saying online that he's
French model so if it's online it must be true. But there is no hipster anything about this guy intended or portrayed.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by effstupid effstupid wrote:

There is NOTHING hipster about this character at all, and I dont think they are trying to make him one.

The only real hipster traits he has might be the hair style, huge glasses, & mangy facial hair.  But yeah demeanor wise I've never thought of him as a hipster, just some deviant creep who gives the State Farm app guy a facial expression that says "I'm gonna redecorate my apartment with her skin"  as they're walking away.

Plus, a hipster wouldn't do online dating since it's now become a social mainstream.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 10:30pm
Also anyone notice his freaky fingers?  Marfans.....Marfans all over.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic