Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - State Farm Blah Blah Insurance Person Come Help!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Farm Blah Blah Insurance Person Come Help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cantstanzya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Farm Blah Blah Insurance Person Come Help!!!
    Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 4:50am

I have read these forums for therapy many times. It's good to know I'm not the only one who can hate commercials with such a passion. I finally had to register and post thanks to these new state farm commercials. I may have missed it but I can't find any posts on these. If so I apologize.

Anyway, the commercial has one guy summon the State Farm Agent with the annoying jingle and then the other tool does this "I have blah blah insurance so person come help" out of tune jingle. As if this isn't bad enough it makes his annoying mom appearing and she says "Six callers ahead of us Jimmy! There is another one with a woman singing "the person come help" line but is slightly less grating without the "Six callers ahead of us" line

I have hated many, many commercials and state farm has the ability to lower the bar more than anyone with the played out genie-agent bit, but this may be the worst commercial EVER so far. I just can't see how anyone would find this amusing at all. As people have said with other state farm commercials, I will never go to them because of these ads. Words can't explain how awful these ads are.
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 6:32am
This one plays all the damn time here, and every time it comes on, I wanna tell "Jimmy" that maybe f he actually knew the name of his currant insurance company they'd be more helpful. Then I wanna draw my knife and stab him so I never have to hear from him again.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Cantstanzya Cantstanzya wrote:

I may have missed it but I can't find any posts on these. If so I apologize.

Apology accepted.  Wink

epyllion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epyllion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:27am
I wrote State Farm and told them how repulsive their ad was ... they probably think any attention is good attention, but that didn't stop me. I feel better now that I unloaded on them. I did it here:

https://online2.statefarm.com/forms/sf/commentsOrQuestions.xhtml
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 9:46pm
^^ Have a copy of your email to State Farm, or are you just a spammer.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 2:11am
Originally posted by epyllion epyllion wrote:

I wrote State Farm and told them how repulsive their ad was ... they probably think any attention is good attention, but that didn't stop me. I feel better now that I unloaded on them. I did it here:
l

Jesus, get a life.  People here are too smart to click on your dumb*ss spam links. 

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 2:34am
I actually thought this commercial was kind of funny.  I certainly find it less annoying than the Progressive Ads with "Flo." 
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 4:35am
All insurance companies need to stop making commercials.  Period.  They are godawful.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 9:47pm
THANK GOD FOR THE MUTE BUTTON!!!
dreamboat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:43am
I thought the early versions of these ads weren't too bad. But the one referenced here is unforgiveable.   
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:46am
Oh my God, FINALLY there is a thread about these. This is BY FAR the worst set of commercials on television right now. Nothing gets muted faster. When the "person without State Farm" starts singing, I pretty much go into a murderous rage. They're out-of-tune and snarky and sing moronic lyrics that aren't even slightly funny.

I'll never use State Farm insurance thanks to this commercial.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 1:06am
Originally posted by TheNilvarg TheNilvarg wrote:

Oh my God, FINALLY there is a thread about these. This is BY FAR the worst set of commercials on television right now. Nothing gets muted faster. When the "person without State Farm" starts singing, I pretty much go into a murderous rage. They're out-of-tune and snarky and sing moronic lyrics that aren't even slightly funny.

The out-of-tune part is absolutely awful. I'm not super-talented by any means, but I know enough about music to be bothered by it. I've read that most people are not truly tone deaf; it's very rare, so when people sing badly, they're just poorly trained or lack confidence. That makes the premise of these commercials even more annoying for me, although it's probably a minor nitpick in the scheme of things.
Lemmol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lemmol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:29am
I think Jimmy's mom should kick her stupid son's ungrateful ass for being disrespectful.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Lemmol Lemmol wrote:

I think Jimmy's mom should kick her stupid son's ungrateful ass for being disrespectful.
Jimmy's mom has a wierd mouth. For some reason I'm disgusted by the way her lips move when she says "six callers ahead of us Jimmy!".
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

I actually thought this commercial was kind of funny.  I certainly find it less annoying than the Progressive Ads with "Flo." 

Or the horrible esurance ads. Or the Allstate ads with random people taking on the voice of that black guy. Or the God-awful Geico ads with those two idiots with the guitars. THOSE are the worst ads on TV by a mile.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Jimmy's mom has a wierd mouth. For some reason I'm disgusted by the way her lips move when she says "six callers ahead of us Jimmy!".

That and she looks way too old to be his mom, more like his grandma. She reminds me of the grandma I had on my dads side. Similar look and everything. God I hated her.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

The out-of-tune part is absolutely awful. I'm not super-talented by any means, but I know enough about music to be bothered by it. I've read that most people are not truly tone deaf; it's very rare, so when people sing badly, they're just poorly trained or lack confidence. That makes the premise of these commercials even more annoying for me, although it's probably a minor nitpick in the scheme of things.

No, it's worse than you think, because I'm sure these morons can actually carry a tune, but the advertising wizards who make this cancer told them to sing out-of-tune just to be ironic and snide.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

That and she looks way too old to be his mom, more like his grandma. She reminds me of the grandma I had on my dads side. Similar look and everything. God I hated her.
Well, my wife has 11 brothers and sisters...and w'ew 50 years old and my wife is kind of the middle kid. Her youngest brother is in his 30s and her mom is 80 something, so I can buy it being his mom.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

No, it's worse than you think, because I'm sure these morons can actually carry a tune, but the advertising wizards who make this cancer told them to sing out-of-tune just to be ironic and snide.

Ugh, you're probably right. Do the people who produce these things actually live in a world with normal humans? Annoying commercials may have worked at first, but now we've figured it out and they shouldn't work any more. You idiots can't badger me into buying your insurance! (Not that I would buy State Farm anyway, given how they treated my parents who were their customers for 30+ years...)
MarioBalotelli View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarioBalotelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 1:50am
I don't know why, but I want to punch that kid in the face. I would apologize and buy him ice cream afterwards, of course.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013 at 2:34am
Originally posted by MarioBalotelli MarioBalotelli wrote:

I don't know why, but I want to punch that kid in the face. I would apologize and buy him ice cream afterwards, of course.
LOL! And I was just wondering why the adults didn't tell him to "Go play in the desert and see if you can find wiggly things that rattle and little bugs with their tails in the air..." - and then LEAVE him.
I wouldn't buy him ice cream...you're too nice.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:34am
The way this jerkface talks to his mom just really f*cking annoys me. If someone called me to help with an accident that I had nothing to do with, and then talked to me like THIS... I would have some choice words before hanging up on them. He's just so rude! Just because you have sucky insurance doesn't men your mom owes you any help. AngryUnhappy

Also, on the whole out-of-tune singing trend in insurance commercials - stop!!! It's not funny or cute or in any way endearing!!! NO MORE!!! AngryAngry
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 5:49am
This one now, too.

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

This one now, too.

Yeah, I hate that one, too. Do women in real life go gaga over a purse like that? I  doubt it, just like I've never seen men in real life go bananas over a TV or what have you.

Also if I want to buy something the last thing on my mind is to call my insurance agent and ask them if my policy is going to give me money for it. Honestly, if your agent knows your name right off of the bat, maybe you've been having too many accidents. For that matter how many people even know the name of their agent?
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 2:30pm
Some women do. As a young woman I'm tired of being shown "value" by comparing savings to shoes or a purse. I don't give a sh*t about those things! And 150 dollars is way too much to be spending on a purse anyway.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic