Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buffalo Wild Wings 'Crying Babies' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 6:48pm

^^^

That is actually one of my pet peeves - right along with the black who generally talk as normal as any other human, unless in groups - all of a sudden, it's a new world and language 'not understood' by others (don't tell them we 'learned it'), 'not spoken' by others (unless designated the 'Token-Honky Translator').  

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 7:39pm
It just kinda baffles me, Pa.  Blacks in commercials don't usually even talk that way.  It almost sounds as if they dubbed the voice in.  It's so incongruous with his looks/role.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^^^

That is actually one of my pet peeves - right along with the black who generally talk as normal as any other human, unless in groups - all of a sudden, it's a new world and language 'not understood' by others (don't tell them we 'learned it'), 'not spoken' by others (unless designated the 'Token-Honky Translator').  

haha that reminds me of Isiah Carey doing a dialect 180 during a report:

HalandBubbles View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 12:49am
I've never been to BWW. For now, I'll enjoy the chicken and onion rings with ranch dip at Johnny's Tacos and Sports.
q543frodomar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote q543frodomar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 3:16am
I don't know if your allowed to back up old posts...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:49pm
I am very sorry. Didn't realize. Unhappy
you wanna see my pencil?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 5:53pm
*I* think you shouldn't be sorry and *I* also think those babies might be ok if batter-fried in the hot peach mango mix - whadda YOU think?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 5:56pm
Screw the peach mango mix, use up all of their hot sauce in their mouths!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was a baby once. I highly regret being these screechy stages of life... Confused
you wanna see my pencil?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:32pm
People have accused me of being a baby once, but nobody can prove it.
~~~
Internal seasoning with hot sauce isn't enough.
For tenderness, they must be beaten all over, cooked lightly and then dipped in batter before deep-frying to a fine golden-brown,
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:53pm
Doesn't sound very healthy.  At our age, we need to be conscious of our fat intake, and deep-frying is certainly a no-no.  You should probably bake them instead.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:39am
It's hard to get a crispy exterior baking them.

Besides, as Pa should know better than anyone else here, having lived in Buffalo for some years, "real" Buffalo wings are not battered or breaded.

They are deep fried "naked" so that the skin gets a lightly crispy texture prior to being coated with a mixture of margarine and Tobasco or any other brand of Louisiana style hot sauce.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 12:46am
^^^TongueYupYupYup!!! 'specially like 'dem legs!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 1:01am
The "drumettes" I believe they're called. I like the other sections too.

I could eat an order of 100 by myself.

With fries.

Yes, I know it's supposed to be celery and carrot sticks dipped in Bleu cheese dressing, but I like fries better.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It's hard to get a crispy exterior baking them.

Besides, as Pa should know better than anyone else here, having lived in Buffalo for some years, "real" Buffalo wings are not battered or breaded.

They are deep fried "naked" so that the skin gets a lightly crispy texture prior to being coated with a mixture of margarine and Tobasco or any other brand of Louisiana style hot sauce.

Oh.  I thought Pa was talking about actual babies.

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

*I* think you shouldn't be sorry and *I* also think those babies might be ok if batter-fried in the hot peach mango mix - whadda YOU think?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh. I thought Pa was talking about actual babies.

I guess I should've known, but since you hardly ever join in the fun anymore, I forgot about your warped sense of humor.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:14am
Do they have the chicken without the sauce on them? Because I want it now. Smile
you wanna see my pencil?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:17am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh. I thought Pa was talking about actual babies.

I guess I should've known, but since you hardly ever join in the fun anymore, I forgot about your warped sense of humor.

ShockedI WAS talking about actual babies!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 5:22am
Originally posted by HalandBubbles HalandBubbles wrote:

Do they have the chicken without the sauce on them? Because I want it now. Smile
Babies without 'diaper sauce'? Especially the hot & steamy version?

Now if 'you want it NOW', what *I* HIGHLY recommend would be to haul tail to your local Cracker Barrel and get one of their 'Campfire Chicken Plates'.
*I* had one today - the portion was enormous - NO sauce, but with chicken, carrots, corn, and potatoes cooked all together in foil-wrapped package. TO DIE FOR!TongueWink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 7:39pm
Sorry for bumping again, but I still can't get over this, especially after 5 years. Why did Buffalo Wild Wings think anyone will endure not one, not two, but FOUR babies crying in one commercial? I'm switching to KFC. Shame on you, BWW!
you wanna see my pencil?
Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 4:29am
I've only been to Buffalo Wild Wings once (in the summer of 2001, I think it was?). My dad and I tried to go to one while doing a concert at a church somewhere in Mid-Ohio, but it had appeared to be booked for some reason. (And boy, was I upset about the whole thing!)

A few weeks later back home, however, Dad decided he'd make it up to me by taking to me to our nearest BW3 at the time (the one at Bethel Centre). Thankfully it wasn't overbooked as the other location, but as loud as it was by the sports bar part of the restaurant, we still managed to get a good tuck-in (and before anybody asks, no, we didn't order any wings).

Next time, though, I'll ask for a gift card this Christmas.
One call... destroys 'em all!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalandBubbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 4:06pm
Next time, if you shall go to any restaurant, it should be Jack in the Box or RibCrib.
you wanna see my pencil?
Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 4:59am
Originally posted by HalandBubbles HalandBubbles wrote:

Next time, if you shall go to any restaurant, it should be Jack in the Box or RibCrib.

We haven't got any of either in Central Ohio. The closest thing there is is City Barbeque. (and they ROCK!)
One call... destroys 'em all!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Ian16545 Ian16545 wrote:

I've only been to Buffalo Wild Wings once (in the summer of 2001, I think it was?). My dad and I tried to go to one while doing a concert at a church somewhere in Mid-Ohio, but it had appeared to be booked for some reason. (And boy, was I upset about the whole thing!)

A few weeks later back home, however, Dad decided he'd make it up to me by taking to me to our nearest BW3 at the time (the one at Bethel Centre). Thankfully it wasn't overbooked as the other location, but as loud as it was by the sports bar part of the restaurant, we still managed to get a good tuck-in (and before anybody asks, no, we didn't order any wings).

Next time, though, I'll ask for a gift card this Christmas.

I too have only visited a Buffalo Wild Wings once.
Reason:  Horrible food, and the service was even worse.
(In fact, so bad I'm not even sure it can be considered "service".)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic