Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buffalo Wild Wings 'Crying Babies' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buffalo Wild Wings 'Crying Babies' (video)
    Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 6:51pm

UnhappyCrying babies, eh? Absolutely NOT.

Now, every time I pass by a Buffalo Wild Wings, I'll immediately recall the crying babies and know I'd rather not stop in for any.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 7:15pm
Any company that uses crying babies in its commercials immediately gets a boycott from me.  Buffalo Wild Wings is overpriced crap anyway.  If you want to watch football, there are plenty of bars that have Sunday ticket and better selections of alcohol and food.  
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 8:12pm
Long ago, I used to enjoy the occasional trip to 'Hooter's'.
The wings were great, the beer was cold and there was always plenty of it.
The 'scenery' sure didn't hurt.
The prices seemed fair, back then.
Never been to a Buffalo Wild Wings, not even thinking of looking inside one; if I want to watch a game on the big screen, first things first - it will either be Baseball or Hockey. Second - it will not be in a room full of college-age drunks feeling their oats, while the 'cop feeding frenzy' awaits the first turn of the drunken key, outside.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 8:20pm
OK, BW3's has the best damn mango habanero wings.  There are about 30 TV's, and the beer is cold and good.  (they have Guinness).   I enjoy the place in my neighborhood. 

And Pa, they have a whole section for young drunks, and another for you and me. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 9:28pm
Getting together with friends for drinks and good eats is truely what we do to have fun.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 10:11pm
The "sports" couple will forever remember that afternoon when/if they decide to have kids.
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

OK, BW3's has the best damn mango habanero wings.  There are about 30 TV's, and the beer is cold and good.  (they have Guinness).   I enjoy the place in my neighborhood. 

And Pa, they have a whole section for young drunks, and another for you and me. 

The mango habanero was the first thing I thought of....and the chili queso burger.  Awesome.

I've sinve moved away.....Steelers fans really enjoyed our local BWW, assuming it has something to do with the color scheme.  Confused
"Just do it. Is it in you? I'M LOVING IT!"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 11:53pm
This ad drives me up the wall. Explain to me how this couple has not one but TWO sets of twins. Even with IVF that's extremely uncommon, I would know. WTF was the point of making it that way?

Also they committed one of my biggest pet peeves ever, the child "clothed" in nothing but a diaper. I get clothing kids takes a whole 5 minutes out of your day and that's too much, and kids like to be naked, and kids make messes, but I don't approve. Clothe your god damn kids!! Diapers do not equal clothing in much the same way that tights do not equal pants.

Kids aside, the rest of the ad is bad too. I absolutely hate the "oh yes" word mouthing that woman makes while at the bar. The way these 2 people act gives me the impression they have never watched a sporting event in their entire life. Could you at least hire actors who are used to cheering for a sports team?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Kids aside, the rest of the ad is bad too. I absolutely hate the "oh yes" word mouthing that woman makes while at the bar. The way these 2 people act gives me the impression they have never watched a sporting event in their entire life. Could you at least hire actors who are used to cheering for a sports team?

I find my eyes ALWAYS drift over to the female side of the "game reaction" at the end....that chick's "OH YES!" is my favorite....like, "oops the boyfriend/husband is reacting, better do the same so he doesn't catch on that I couldn't possibly give less of a damn about sports!".....lol.  Big smile
"Just do it. Is it in you? I'M LOVING IT!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 12:43am

This ad drives me up the wall. Explain to me how this couple has not one but TWO sets of twins. Even with IVF that's extremely uncommon, I would know. WTF was the point of making it that way?...

Also they committed one of my biggest pet peeves ever, the child "clothed" in nothing but a diaper. I get clothing kids takes a whole 5 minutes out of your day and that's too much, and kids like to be naked, and kids make messes, but I don't approve. Clothe your god damn kids!! Diapers do not equal clothing in much the same way that tights do not equal pants...

HD...
1.) Two sets of twins? Ever met a good, large Irish-Catholic Family? They're (WE'RE) like friggin' cockroaches, I tell ya! 'Twins'? Yea, everyone's got 'em, some family have multiples.  Actually, MissyDWolf was brought up a devout Methodist...happens there, too.
MissyD just watched me type this and complained about me calling Catholics 'cockroaches'; she said that Catholics are NOT the only ones with two sets of twins in their families - she reminded me that the boy our oldest daughter *almost* married came from a family that had two sets of twins. MissyD said they weren't Catholic.
I said, "O.K. then! Catholics and African-Americans are more often than not to have two sets of twins in their families!"
The pain in the left-side of my head is subsiding as are her closing comments - our daughter's ex-fiance was Hispanic. Good for him...yeaaaa - pretty sure he was Catholic.

2.) HD...one fine day, YOU TOO will come up to MrD and advise him the 'blessed day is forthcoming', with fluttering, loving eyes. Within two years, the lil'puke(s?) will be driving you to two shots before lunch (which will be pretty much 9 P.M., for you, as you will have been up awfully early, every morning, for as long as you can remember), wearing only diapers - and they *may* not be clean.
You'll be dreaming of a restful day at the beauty shop and spa, reading fantacy stories like the 'Twilight' saga, and, for this very brief respite, totally forgetting you are currently a married mother of  possibly a few. And you're already pregnant again, too - but haven't told anyone because not only will you not want to believe it, you also don't like being compared to a rabbit.
Yea, kids in clothes do indeed look better, but mothers get tired and people understand (even though your neighbors will probably ensure their kids are in closthes).
Yea, it is also better to let them run around like that when the trailer does not have air conditioning (and it makes life SO MUCH EASIER when ya can toss 'em right in the shower stall and hose 'em down after the 'big blow-out').

...hmmm...ya know what? I think I smell something here - and it isn't a dirty, creamy diaper, no - but rather, a movie! Yea - that's the ticket! Send money and I'll crank up the script...

ambrosia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 12:39pm
Gotta play the "I'm the mother of twins card" here and say they always wore more than a diaper.  As Hezadancer said, it does not take that much longer to put some clothes on them.  It's one of my biggest pet peeves too, to see babies wearing nothing more than a diaper, particularly out in public.  I was tired and weary as heck.  But gosh darn it, I kept my kiddos clean and clothed.

I also despise the whole "Ooooh hubby reacted to something in the game, I better do the same."  If you're not into something your hubby/boyfriend is into, that really is ok- you don't need to pretend.  When Mr. Ambrosia puts things like Lord of the Rings on, I don't sit and pretend to be into it.  He knows I hate it.  Lol!
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 3:28pm
BW3's has some really tasty wing sauces.  Caribbean Jerk is my favorite.  Asian Zing & Mango Habanero are also very good.  Problem is, their wings are TINY and overpriced.  I seriously don't know where they find wings this small - they must harvest them while the chickens are still in the egg.

My solution has been to buy bottles of the sauce at the restaurant (they're about $4 for a pretty good-sized bottle) then buy frozen wings, chicken strips, etc., at the grocery store.  Throw them in the oven, toss in the sauce, & they're just about as good..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 4:38pm
Never got the whole buffalo wings thing.  They taste fine, but they're about two bites each.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Never got the whole buffalo wings thing.  They taste fine, but they're about two bites each.

that's why you find a place with $.25 wings & order 50 of them...

Back in the day - late 90's - there was a place in town that had $.10 wings & $5 pitchers of beer on Sunday nights.  Man those were good days...
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2012 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ambrosia ambrosia wrote:

Gotta play the "I'm the mother of twins card" here and say they always wore more than a diaper.  As Hezadancer said, it does not take that much longer to put some clothes on them.  It's one of my biggest pet peeves too, to see babies wearing nothing more than a diaper, particularly out in public.  I was tired and weary as heck.  But gosh darn it, I kept my kiddos clean and clothed.

Go you!! Thank you for clothing your kids. This one family across the street from me had like a 2 year old that I swear I have never seen clothing on. He just walks around in a diaper. Brothers and sisters playing in the yard in the summer? Diaper. Standing in front of the front door in the middle of winter? Diaper.  I also rarely saw the mom dressed, she must have lived in a bathrobe because that's all I ever saw her in.

They moved out and their house sat vacant for like a year despite being underpriced for the market. I can only guess what kind of hell that house was left in.
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 3:49pm
I like this commercial because it reminds me of last year when I was over a friends house who has a  4 year old watching the NFC Championship and when the Giants won in OT (hushed whisper:) we weren't allowed to yell or cheer or celebrate loudly because the precious snowflake was asleep upstairs and God forbid he gets woken up for some reason by us making too much noise 

It was really lame on his part. He's raising his kid to be a Giants fan anyway, he should've been down there with us, so what if he goes to bed one hour later then normal.  Ermm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

I like this commercial because it reminds me of last year when I was over a friends house who has a  4 year old watching the NFC Championship and when the Giants won in OT (hushed whisper:) we weren't allowed to yell or cheer or celebrate loudly because the precious snowflake was asleep upstairs and God forbid he gets woken up for some reason by us making too much noise 

It was really lame on his part. He's raising his kid to be a Giants fan anyway, he should've been down there with us, so what if he goes to bed one hour later then normal.  Ermm
LOLTHAT is hilarious, yet understandable.
No reason for the child to cry before it understands and can explain to others that "Daddy raised me to be a Giants' Fan". Kind of like being forced to go to a Catholic School full of Protestants, doncha know...
(Wink..unless something changed, the New York Giants still play at the tomb of Jimmie Hoffa, in East Rutherford, New Joisey)
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 6:29pm
Considering my (our) team just made it to the f'in SUPER BOWL,  being told by an uppity parent to keep it down was sooooooo lame. Next time around, if it happens again, I'm watching at home or someone else's who doesn't have a kid. I remember walking back to our car that night with my friend after we left saying "I can't believe we weren't allowed to cheer. WTF???" 

Also, watching any football game with a small child around isn't that much fun either to be honest. I just want to focus on the game without the running around in front of the TV, the crying, the "pay attention to me!" antics, the "awww look at what he's doing isn't that cute??" etc etc. 

So yes, I totally appreciate that Buffalo Wild Wings ad. Grrrrr.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:39pm

This ad drives me up the wall. Explain to me how this couple has not one but TWO sets of twins. Even with IVF that's extremely uncommon, I would know. WTF was the point of making it that way?

That was kinda odd.  I think the host couple had only one set of twins.  I think that the second set was actually the first set one year later---as if the guests were anticipating what next year at the same household would be like, and decided that, for next year, the sports bar would be the better option.  They didn't do a very good job conveying that, though.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 8:43pm

That was kinda odd.  I think the host couple had only one set of twins.  I think that the second set was actually the first set one year later---as if the guests were anticipating what next year at the same household would be like, and decided that, for next year, the sports bar would be the better option.  They didn't do a very good job conveying that, though.

I did not even think of it that way! If that's what they're going for then you're right, terrible job conveying it. Next time the ad is on I'm going to listen close to see if the toddler and baby screams overlap or switch.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2012 at 9:08pm

I did not even think of it that way! If that's what they're going for then you're right, terrible job conveying it. Next time the ad is on I'm going to listen close to see if the toddler and baby screams overlap or switch.

Never mind.  You were right the first time.  You can see the older twins' playthings in the same scene as the newborns.

meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:50am
Ads like this just remind me of how very happy and thankful I am that I never had a child and do not plan to do so. As for the BWW I have never been to one, we do not live near one I do not believe. Some people who have no children and no responsibility like that, cannot relate to ads like this, but still wouldn't mind going to these places, not for escape, but just to have a good meal.I have no idea if the food is good or not, the ad is advertising the atmosphere more than the food.
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 1:52am
i went to BWW once with some friends. i got my wings with this desert heat dry spice, it was pretty fantastic tasting. the wings were tiny little wing dings though, not exactly what i was expecting from a place whose sole focus is on wings.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 2:25pm
Last time I checked kids are allowed at BWW too....right? Theoretically you could run into "that parent" that takes their kids to a sports bar.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 2:31pm
Suburban white guys who talk black always amuse me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic