Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kaboom Foam Tastic (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaboom Foam Tastic (video)
    Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 10:41pm
Confused...well, the business about "sprays on blue, turns white" isn't so bad - but if it cleans through hardened grime that easily, well - think *I* would wear gloves. Wonder how caustic that stuff really is...(I should know, as MissyDWolf has a can of it under the bathroom sink).
Now, the disgustiing part of the commercial is the toilet bowl scenes, at the end.
They *could* have used just a slightly-less sh*t-stained bowl, doncha know.Dead
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 11:27pm
They *could* have used just a slightly-less sh*t-stained bowl, doncha know.

Sick Someone already "blasted" that toilet.....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Now, the disgustiing part of the commercial is the toilet bowl scenes, at the end.
They *could* have used just a slightly-less sh*t-stained bowl, doncha know.Dead

But, "isn't it time we got real about what happens in the bathroom"?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 2:04am
I've tried all these "Oxy" cleaners.  They're all pretty much the same.  In fact, they're interchangeable.  The clothing spot remover, the carpet stain remover and the toilet cleaner---they all do the same thing.  

But none of 'em work on my shower stall floor.  It's some kind of vinyl or something that all the houses around here have.  And all of 'em have the same problem.  The grainy-textured floor of the stall turns black and streaky, and nothing cleans it up.  I've tried bleach and I've tried gasoline.  Maybe I need to try 'em together.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've tried all these cleaners.  They're all pretty much the same.

But none of 'em work on my shower stall floor.  It's some kind of vinyl or something that all the houses around here have.  And all of 'em have the same problem.  The grainy-textured floor of the stall turns black and streaky, and nothing cleans it up.  I've tried bleach and I've tried gasoline.  Maybe I need to try 'em together.

WinkHey! Thanks for the idea - we have the same problem. I've been tellin' MissyDWolf it is happening because she is aging a bit and "the black is coming off in the shower - and I *really* don't appreciate her leaving it for me to clean up".
That hasn't gone over very well at all.Ouch
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 2:12am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I've tried all these cleaners.  They're all pretty much the same.

WinkHey! Thanks for the idea - we have the same problem. I've been tellin' MissyDWolf it is happening because she is aging a bit and "the black is coming off in the shower - and I *really* don't appreciate her leaving it for me to clean up".
That hasn't gone over very well at all.Ouch

You'd think the pigment-deprived soles of her feet would wanna soak the black right back in. 

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 2:25am

I've tried all these "Oxy" cleaners.  They're all pretty much the same.  In fact, they're interchangeable.  The clothing spot remover, the carpet stain remover and the toilet cleaner---they all do the same thing.  

Pure bleach will eventually work on mine but the fumes are too much for my eyes and lungs. Kaboom (spray) seems to work about as well as plain water.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 2:37am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Pure bleach will eventually work on mine but the fumes are too much for my eyes and lungs.

I've let pure bleach sit on it for hours...with minimal results. 

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:40am

Pure bleach will eventually work on mine but the fumes are too much for my eyes and lungs.

I've let pure bleach sit on it for hours...with minimal results. 

[/QUOTE]It takes a lot of scrubbing with a brush and 2 or 3 applications. I want something that you spray on and simply wipe off with a sponge like all the commercials. I'm getting to old for this s*it!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 1:49pm

It takes a lot of scrubbing with a brush and 2 or 3 applications. I want something that you spray on and simply wipe off with a sponge like all the commercials. I'm getting to old for this s*it!

Really!  The shower stall I'm talking about is in my personal bathroom, not any of the ones guests use.  Just doesn't seem worth it.

And why is there not a product for this?  I've looked on the 'net, and I know other people have this problem.  Some people have recommendations that require mixing all sorts of stuff like vinegar and baking soda and even using car wax, and then using a toothbrush to work the dirt out.  This is stuff for either my mother or a tweeker.  I'm neither.

Hmmmm...my mother's outta the question, being dead and all.  Maybe I can rent a tweeker somewhere.

jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 2:46pm
have you tried lime-a-way?  I've had good results with that stuff when nothing else works.  Wear gloves, though.
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:02pm
Yep.  I've scrubbed with both CLR (Calcium Lime Rust) and Lime-Away.  Both work well on the streaky shower door, but not on the floor.  Both products will clean the floor of the superficial stuff, but do almost nothing with the black stains.

I've tried every product out there.  Even Krud-Kutter.

I've pretty much given up.  It's an ugly little bathroom, anyway.  It's so small that the door isn't even the usual kind of door; it's the kind that slides into the wall.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

have you tried lime-a-way?  I've had good results with that stuff when nothing else works.  Wear gloves, though.
Now there is some stuff that seems to work when little else will...in fact, that stuff is almost scary,
Yea, wear gloves, ventilate the room.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:17pm
^  I developed a cough for a few days the first time I ever used that sort of product.

I was actually thinking of trying paint remover, but I've had that stuff burn my skin, so who knows what it would do to the fiberglass or vinyl (or whatever it is) shower floor.  I hate working with paint remover.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:24pm

Yea, I understand the 'cough thing'!

CLR is one of those things you really want to 'spot test on your intended surfacem while wearing a mask'. There is always 'Goof Off', if you can get that in CA - I used it to remove road tar from a car - took it right off with just a paper towel (and gloves). It is another scary product, not really meant for your application, but heck - it is cheap and may just work. 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 3:36pm
I've used Krud Kutter, which is pretty strong.  I've even used steel wool, but it just abrades the surface.

One thing I never thought of trying on it, is toothpaste and a toothbrush.  I'm gonna try that right now.  I'll get back to you on it.  Hell, ya never know!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 4:02pm

After doing something like that, I hope you remember to soak your toothbrush in CLR before using it again (probably ougght to rinse it off, afterwards) - don't want any of that scrubbed crud on your teeth, doncha know!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 4:12pm
Not a good idea to take a deep breath after spraying one of these products. Our tub has the vinyl or fiberglass surround. Even with city water and a softener we still get some staining. Scrub Free does a pretty good job. A couple applications and a stiff brush. Good as new.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 4:22pm

One thing I never thought of trying on it, is toothpaste and a toothbrush.  I'm gonna try that right now.  I'll get back to you on it.  Hell, ya never know!

Hey!  It worked!  Kinda.  The little spot where I scrubbed the Ultra-Brite into, is about 75% lighter.  Now I've gotta decide if I wanna spend half the day toothbrushing my entire shower stall floor. 

Probably won't.  I'm no tweeker, fer Chrissakes.

At least my bathroom's now minty-fresh.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Our tub has the vinyl or fiberglass surround. Even with city water and a softener we still get some staining. Scrub Free does a pretty good job. A couple applications and a stiff brush. Good as new.

Is yours textured?  Does it have a grainy sort of surface?  I think that's most of the problem---the dirt getting into the fine grain.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 5:25pm
No, its smooth even shiney when its clean. No doubt a rough grainy surface is going to be difficult to clean.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 6:57pm

Is yours textured?  Does it have a grainy sort of surface?  I think that's most of the problem---the dirt getting into the fine grain.

Confused!...eh? The TOILET itself, right? Not the 'contents', right?
Our toilets are NOT 'textured' and none have that 'grainy sort of surface' (like a metal cheese grater) that takes the first layer of skin off of the butt
Yea, even Kaboom Foam Tastic probably couldn't help, in those cases (maybe a toothbrush WOULD help, but I wouldn't tell the owner).  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 8:24pm
No, Pa.  We were talking about the floor of the shower stall.

But now that you mention it, the toilet I hardly ever use gets a hard mineral buildup at the water line.  For that, I use a pumice stone.  Don't use steel wool.  It'll scratch the surface permanently.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 9:21pm

No, Pa.  We were talking about the floor of the shower stall.

But now that you mention it, the toilet I hardly ever use gets a hard mineral buildup at the water line.  For that, I use a pumice stone.  Don't use steel wool.  It'll scratch the surface permanently.

ConfusedOh.
Well, o.k. then.
Nevermind.
~~~
"...the toilet I hardly ever use..."
Interesting.
Reminds me of my own employees, about 10-12 years ago...
We had a restroom like that in our office, down in Texas. I eventually had the room 're-engineered' as it was taking up space, but had it done right before going on a short leave.
My employees decided to 'do something special' for me, since it was close to the Holidays - they had the toilet hosed down (they did NOT use Kaboom, or anything like it) and replaced my office chair with the toilet. They thought they were SO FUNNY!
I recall using that as my chair for about a month (I knew where my office chair was, but decided to 'play it out'), during which time I labeled the lid as my 'Personal Mailbox' (open, deposit mail). I held as many meetings as I could IN MY OFFICE (and gleefully told anyone who asked that the Toilet Office Chair was a gift from my Team). I held somber, sober, sincere 1-on-1 'reviews' with each team member, behind closed doors, in my office, while sitting on my Gift Potty. I had SO MUCH FUN with it, before tossing it into the back of my car one evening.
In fact, it was XMAS Eve.
At about midnight, I scooted over to the main culprit's house and quietly set it up on his front porch, adding a really purty red bow, rang the doorbell and took off like a bat out of hell.
MissyDWolf and Chilluns woke me up on XMAS morning...said it was time to 'open gifts'!
We had a nice morning until one of the Pups said I had "one more gift", outside.
On OUR front porch I found my Office Potty Chair *returned*, but I had been '1-upped'.
It had now been painted Red and Green and had a GOLD lid.
And a real purty red bow on top, which I immediately recognized.
And the inside STILL *had not* been cleaned out.
Cheap bastard could have at least sprung for a new bow, doncha know.
Some of our neighbors were actually outside, taking pictures.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 10:17pm
Variable speed drill with a buffer pad might work. I use SOS soap pads on regular tub surrounds, they don't scratch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic