Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - KFC Dip Ems - So 3 Hipsters Walk into a Party ...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KFC Dip Ems - So 3 Hipsters Walk into a Party ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KFC Dip Ems - So 3 Hipsters Walk into a Party ...
    Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 6:10pm
And suddenly decide the party is lame because it runs out of fast food chicken strips, so they hold their own 'party' at the local KFC.  What a life Confused

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 9:18pm
They're all Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They're all Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.

You mean they're all irritating gay nerds?
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 1:03am
They start out thinking they're straight, eat the KFC stuff, and then realize they don't like chicks after all. 
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 1:54am
I'm pretty sick of ads portraying parties as having a bucket of chicken, taco 12 pack, mcdonald's, or little caesar's pizza. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN! Especially at college age parties. You're lucky if the host is providing alcohol, if you want food you need to find someone sober enough to drive you to go get it. Who the f**k would bring a bucket of chicken strips to a party....AND have fancy cups of dipping sauce for everyone to use? Never happens, please stop acting like it's the hip thing to do.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
HiImBobbyJoe View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiImBobbyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2012 at 10:29pm
What totally irritates me about this commercial is how there is no music at the part where the voiceover talks about those delicious chicken strips... just boring talk about how delicious and juicy those strips are with their original recipe 11 herbs and spices... mmmmmmmmmm... ...Oh, sorry about that. What was I supposed to be talking about again?
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I'm pretty sick of ads portraying parties as having a bucket of chicken, taco 12 pack, mcdonald's, or little caesar's pizza. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN! Especially at college age parties. You're lucky if the host is providing alcohol, if you want food you need to find someone sober enough to drive you to go get it. Who the f**k would bring a bucket of chicken strips to a party....AND have fancy cups of dipping sauce for everyone to use? Never happens, please stop acting like it's the hip thing to do.

Seriously. I've been to my share of parties, and usually, IF there is food there at all(there often isn't), it's a couple bags of chips and MAYBE some salsa or queso. Sometimes, if the majority of the party gets hungry, the group will chip in and order pizza, but for anything else, you bring it yourself.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 5:07pm

YES!!! I've been to my share of parties during my high school days and then my college days and then at people's houses/apartments after leaving college up to now and none of them EVER had fast food served! In fact, I'm pretty sure that most hosts would be embarrassed to have fast food as the main course. Also notice in these ads how the buckets and containers have so much chicken in them that it's almost overflowing over the top.   

Taco Bell and KFC and McDonalds try soooooooooo hard to appeal to the hipster crowd. LOL
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 5:10pm
the casting of these ads is so stereotypical too. If it's a group of guys, one of them has to be a black guy, usually with frizzy hipster afro-hair and if it's a group of girls, one of them will be a light skinned black woman with perfect teeth also sassy frizzy hair. 
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 12:26am
They strike me as real douchebags. They come to the party just to pig out on free food then skip off. Notice the douchemeisters never bring anything themselves or interact with anyone else. Nope just come to maul that whole bucket of KFC strips.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:56am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

They strike me as real douchebags. They come to the party just to pig out on free food then skip off. Notice the douchemeisters never bring anything themselves or interact with anyone else. Nope just come to maul that whole bucket of KFC strips.

Yep, party was better off without them.
zodgilla60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zodgilla60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 2:00pm
If, and this is a big IF, there was a bucket on chicken strips or mcnuggets, a couple of brute jocks would scarf it down before the hipster geeks got close.  Too many perfect people in these ads. 
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 2:11pm
Judging by the dress, I don't think those guys are hipsters. Other than that, I agree, I can't remember any party I've seen where even chips were served (except for the Super Bowl which this clearly is not).

But who leaves a party to go to KFC, and declare that as the better option? Their food is decent enough, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here! 
The poster formerly known as producer757
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

YES!!! I've been to my share of parties during my high school days and then my college days and then at people's houses/apartments after leaving college up to now and none of them EVER had fast food served! In fact, I'm pretty sure that most hosts would be embarrassed to have fast food as the main course. Also notice in these ads how the buckets and containers have so much chicken in them that it's almost overflowing over the top.   

Taco Bell and KFC and McDonalds try soooooooooo hard to appeal to the hipster crowd. LOL

I remember sometime in my mid-30s, that the parties I was going to went from being drunken keg parties (no food whatsoever) that lasted till 3am, to parties where homemade or catered food was being served and which ended around 10pm.

Never was there any interim period where people were bringing buckets of KFC chicken to parties.

I did, however, go to one barbecue/party where the host had gone out and gotten a lot of KFC cole slaw.  They do make a damned good slaw.

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 3:29pm
"Now THIS is a party"...... what an ass-hat. Dead
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

But who leaves a party to go to KFC, and declare that as the better option?

Seriously-who goes to a party expecting a meal? If I want food, I go to a restaurant, not a f**king party.

It's like me going to an auto-repair shop, then deciding to go elsewhere, cause they don't sell shotguns.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:35pm
KFC is not drunk food anyway, what time of night did these guys stop partying that there was even a KFC open?! The night is not complete if I haven't had some drunk taco bell.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

But who leaves a party to go to KFC, and declare that as the better option?

Seriously-who goes to a party expecting a meal? If I want food, I go to a restaurant, not a f**king party.
Right! If I'm going to a party, I expect to drink a bit. But I'll eat something in advance to avoid being sick as a dog. LOL

The Halloween party I went to last Saturday had finger sandwiches, meatballs, and shrimp, along with a few other things. The lady who threw it is probably the only person who has that kind of food, mainly because the folks who attend are of varying ages (mid-20s up to low-70s) and professional backgrounds. 

But when I'd go to house parties with former coworkers or friends from HS (we were all in our mid-to-upper 20s at this point), it was chips and booze. You want KFC, you go to KFC beforehand!
The poster formerly known as producer757
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic