Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Kitten card" is now "kindergarten card"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ian16545 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian16545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Kitten card" is now "kindergarten card"
    Posted: 20 Sep 2008 at 4:48pm
To any foreigners on business: any card your host has is OK... you just need a little culture, that's all.
One call... destroys 'em all!
Sponsored Links

SBM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 3:42pm
This is a stupid commercial. When you make someone else look like a horses ass, then you run the risk of looking like a horses ass. Maybe some will find it funny, but more will find it offensive and the AMEX brand will take a hit.

Let me be clear. I'm not taking issue with any person in this ad -- they are actors playing a part in a commercial that was produced by an ad agency. What I am saying is this: whoever at American Express approved this series of ads should be fired. It's not funny, it's pathetic. And whoever conceptualized this ad at the agency should be be cleaning the toilets, not creating ads.

Garbage like this has no redeeming value at all -- especially in today's "global" society.
kevlar442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevlar442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 8:17pm
Its surprising to me that it's Germans playing the role of ultra-conformists.  They tend to be pretty open minded after WW2 lol.  It is American business that tends to be frightened of individuality.
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 2:35am
This one is on way too much!   Even if you don't speak the language, hello....they are laughing at you and saying "kindergarten card" ....most people could figure this one out. 

Another American Express commercial that irritates the crap out of me is the one where this guy calls up about travel rewards or whatever and keeps the girl on the phone all day long asking one stupid question after another from the time he gets up, all though the work day and even after work at the gym.  She's got this super annoying voice and says things like "yes, yes, and yes!"  and "pretty much"  I would have hung up on him. 
smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 2:03am
Originally posted by athomas917 athomas917 wrote:

Screw the krauts.

Hey hey hey!
Don't be hatin'!
Us Krauts are the warmest, fuzziest people on earth! Big%20smile
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 10:42pm
The guy should have known something was foul when the otherwise English speaking guests revert back to their native language, right in front of him.  Screw the krauts.
Nautigal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 8:40pm
You know, I do tend to miss things because a lot of the TV that I see is at work where the sound is off and closed captioning is on. I finally saw this one at home and realized that they were all speaking German or something, with subtitles--which were hidden by the captioning when I saw it before! So now I can see it's even meaner than I thought.

redruM13xx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redruM13xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 1:52am
I feel bad for that guy, especially when I see him nervously laughing with them when he doesn't know what they're saying. Assholes.
smokefilledlungs View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smokefilledlungs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 7:50pm

And what is the black woman trying to prove with her Amex--they all already left!

cali2austin View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali2austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2008 at 7:47pm
This one really annoys me.  What does it matter what the guy has on his credit card?  Dude's offering to pay for their meal and they slam him because he has a comic character on his card?  Screw them
Nautigal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 6:44am
American Express has a new slam on the Capital One "card lab" spots. I didn't see all of it, but I think it was a business lunch with a guy trying to talk someone into doing business with him. He is trying to pay with his credit card that has a picture of some superhero on it, and everyone looks at it and someone says "what's that?" and someone else says "it's a kindergarten card" and they all get up and leave, saying rude things. Then what appears to be his partner (the smart black woman) shows him her American Express Business credit card and he becomes enlightened.

So I wonder what they're going to say about my Capital One eagle?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic