Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cool "Coke can" glass...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool "Coke can" glass...
    Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 5:20am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

CryNO no no!!! I want 'em all for a  dollar - just like you said!

And this guy wanted a cock that hangs below his knee...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

You could always just get a clear one & a can of red spray paint....

Or pay 5 bucks apiece for the real red ones at the online Coke store.

CryNO no no!!! I want 'em all for a  dollar - just like you said!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 4:50am
You could always just get a clear one & a can of red spray paint....

Or pay 5 bucks apiece for the real red ones at the online Coke store.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 4:48am

Cry<shaking/'jonesing'>
I'm going' 'dumpster diving' until I collect enough recycle cans/bottles/plastic to get enough cash for the WHOLE SET, doncha know! Especially for the RED one....I'm certain this is my only chance in life to get these, and, well, I want 'em BAD, Spaz!

Especially the RED one.

Don't think you're gonna find the colors at Dollar Tree.

BTW... they are available online.

10 bucks for two of the red ones at the Coca Cola online store.

CryYOU started this thread and lead me to believe 'Dollar Tree' was the answer to my prayers.Now I can't get 'em all colored ah'sh*t, at Dollar Tree.
All hopes are lost.
Well, maybe not - can you front me the cash, or just send me a whole set? I promise I will pay you back, Ebenezer...Wink
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 4:13am

Cry<shaking/'jonesing'>
I'm going' 'dumpster diving' until I collect enough recycle cans/bottles/plastic to get enough cash for the WHOLE SET, doncha know! Especially for the RED one....I'm certain this is my only chance in life to get these, and, well, I want 'em BAD, Spaz!

Especially the RED one.

Don't think you're gonna find the colors at Dollar Tree.

BTW... they are available online.

10 bucks for two of the red ones at the Coca Cola online store.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 3:54am

You're gonna have to sneak out of the house & get down there while they've still got some.

Make sure you have at least a couple of dollars, as you'll want to get two.

Cry<shaking/'jonesing'>

Especially the RED one.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:27am
You're gonna have to sneak out of the house & get down there while they've still got some.

Make sure you have at least a couple of dollars, as you'll want to get two.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:24am
CryI *want* some of those, but I'm not allowed to go near the 'Dollar Tree' glassware alone, anymore. I think if I go to the Betty Ford Clinic for my problem with purchasing every damned coffee mug or silly glass I see, I may be allowed to go in with $5, while being closely-monitored.
I ain't gon' to no stinkin' Betty Ford Clinic, doncha know.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 12:18am
I just restrict my soda pop drinking to one day a week.

I'd rather do that than suffer the horrid taste of diet soda. Sick

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 10:41pm

Saturday night is my soda night. The one night of the week I allow myself to drink cola. Usually I get the grocery store brand if Coke or Pepsi isn't on sale. The grocery store brands seem to have all figured out Coke's formula, so it all tastes almost exactly like Coke nowadays.

Plus, with all the varieties that Pepsi and Coke has offered over the years, the distinctions are blurred even further.  New, Classic, Pepsi One, Pepsi Lite, Coke Zero, Coke Black, diet, regular, half diet, throwback, lime, cherry, cherry vanilla, with caffeine, without, etc.---who knows what either brand's supposed to taste like at this point, anyway?

Thus, I stick with either the store brand or Diet-Rite---whichever's cheaper.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 10:21pm
I'm gonna "road test" it tonight.

Saturday night is my soda night. The one night of the week I allow myself to drink cola. Usually I get the grocery store brand if Coke or Pepsi isn't on sale. The grocery store brands seem to have all figured out Coke's formula, so it all tastes almost exactly like Coke nowadays.

I'll have some good junky "pub food" along with it.

Bratwursts tonight.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 5:56pm
Yeah...gotta set up some area of the garage for that kinda stuff. 

Just came back from our beloved store.  Saw those glasses.  Just the one color here, too.  They had all kindsa Coke classes.

Forgot to get pretzels.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 4:39pm
Well, in that case, there's always another solution to the cupboard space problem...

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 4:09pm

I generally eat outta Dollar Tree bowls and cereal bowls and disposable containers and sometimes, right outta the pot.  So, it'd seem odd to get rid of the good stuff, and keep the crap for myself.

Plus, I use the nice glasses and dishes and silverware when people come over for dinner.  It makes me look classy and sophistimacated.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 3:45pm

Yeah, sometimes ya gotta sacrifice substance for style.

I have the same "no more room in the cupboard" problem & hence, was reluctant to buy it, but it was too cool not to. Now I hafta buy another one.

Of course, there are a couple of simple solutions....

Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:30pm
Very cool-looking, but a case of form over function.  That is, they look good, but they're a bit impractical.  You can't stack 'em inside one another.

That's important to me because I have so damned many glasses and cups, I don't have anymore room on my shelves.  When my folks died and my bro and I cleared out the house, I got all this brand new crystal stuff that my mother had never even opened.  It now takes up most of one shelf.  Then there's all the plastic stuff and the glasses that I already had.  Oh, and coffee mugs!  And I don't even drink coffee!

When some of my family from NJ visited me awhile back, they decided that my coffee mugs weren't big enough.  So we got three gigantic ones from The Dollar Tree.  They left 'em here for me to have to deal with.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 4:23am
I got a cool "Coke can" glass at the Dollar Tree today.

It cost a dollar.

It's the exact same size & shape as a 12 oz. Coke can with the logo & stripes embossed into the sides.

Here's a pic:

They also make them in various colored tints...

....& there's one that is a very deep red, like a Coke can.

I think you can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond if you don't have a Dollar Tree nearby or yours doesn't carry them.

I'm gonna get another one. I really like them. They fit nice & snug in your hand.

Wish I could find some of the tinted ones.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic