Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forever Comfy butt pillow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forever Comfy butt pillow
    Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 4:07pm

Dorky Dad from the Snuggie commercials is back!  Now he's bringing his butt pillow to the big game.

You can see him, starting at 1:13

Here he is in his Snuggie:

Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 1:58am
It's just a butt cushion. These have been around since the dawn of humanity I'm guessing. It's a f**king butt pillow!! Humanity, please f**king stop buying this stuff!
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 2:48am
The trucker made me laugh.  "My bottom feels goooood."  He just said it in a creepy way. 

I guess any time someone says "bottom" and they are speaking to an adult could be considered kinda creepy. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 2:55am
that is exactly what they give to folks who are wheelchair bound, been around for years!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

The trucker made me laugh.  "My bottom feels goooood."  He just said it in a creepy way. 

I guess any time someone says "bottom" and they are speaking to an adult could be considered kinda creepy. 

Grandpa pointing at his computer screen (24seconds in) gets me.LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 9:24pm
Sure glad Thor started this one - completely (although happily) forgot about it.
Yea, it stinks...and I bet it definently does after a few months of unwashed, constant use. Probably even from a distance. ("Pssst!...let's have 'Stumpy' eat in the 'Family Room', o.k. Dear?").
And, YEA Em! That 'Trucker' does sort of seem a tad creepy. Guess we all should be so happy his bottom feels better, but we'd probably be better off if we don't let him take school-aged children 'for a ride in his truck'.Shocked"What luck! There goes Lil'Suzy an' Chester, in his truck!"
Did anyone notice the 'Happy Mom' - the only person who could distract others behind her by bouncing on her cushioned-bleacher seat? I'm pretty sure I'd hold her head down and ask her to 'calm down', or tell her to go sit in the top row of the bleachers.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 9:45pm
You're all missing the real value of these things.  When the gel pack bursts after overuse, you've got some good stuff to put on toast or biscuits!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

You're all missing the real value of these things.  When the gel pack bursts after overuse, you've got some good stuff to put on toast or biscuits!

Nutella with blueberry gel-ly?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Well THAT simply a wonderful thought!
If'n ya want to go THERE, why not just think about the practical boychestbreastimplant use? See if'n they gots 'serial numbers'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Grandpa pointing at his computer screen (24seconds in) gets me.LOL

Ha! Yeah, that got me too.  The cheese factor is ridiculous, even for an infomercial.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:29pm
I loathe the word "comfy" so I would never buy that product in a million years.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 10:35pm
Forever Comfy butt pillow?  That's seriously the best name they could come up with???

Aevangeline View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aevangeline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 4:54am

Oh my gosh! He does sound pretty creepy! Shocked But for some reason, I think that CGI clip of the person sitting down on the pillow thing was the most disturbing part.
"B-But the metal forks taste bad!"
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Aevangeline Aevangeline wrote:

Oh my gosh! He does sound pretty creepy! Shocked But for some reason, I think that CGI clip of the person sitting down on the pillow thing was the most disturbing part.

After you pointed that out, I see what you mean. Confused

- Mark Twain

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Dorky Dad from the Snuggie commercials is back!  Now he's bringing his butt pillow to the big game.

You can see him, starting at 1:13

Here he is in his Snuggie:

Wow this is like those puffy soft toilet seats that were all that in the 70's.
I approve this message.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2012 at 8:57pm
Look at those basket weave chairs the lady is sitting in. Buy some comfortable chairs.
Seattleite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seattleite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 8:25am
Hmm, red spots highlighting the pain site a la photoshop.... they really outdid themselves this time.
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:52pm
A pillow for your butt?! Hold on a minute, that's sick! Why would you buy a stupid pillow for your butt. LOL If you're butt is sore, then why sit down on that piece of crap, when you can use an ordinary pillow. LOL The ad itself is beyond describing. But, if I could I would call it, "A Horrid Waste of Space". Simply put, it's that stupid. I don't even really know what to say. LOL Worst product ever, next to that shoe stretching spray. LOL
Pax Americana View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pax Americana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 2:12pm
I am so glad to see I am not the only one who finds this ad both stupid and a little creepy.  
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 5:36am
Those commercials suck!
Julie
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 12:37am
Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

Those commercials suck!
But they make good parodies.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Timberedclub View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberedclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 5:44am
Check out the old guy's typing right before he points...lolz.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 4:09pm

I think it's creepy mainly because, just like no guy ever refers to his shirt as his "top", no guy ever calls his butt, his "bottom".  Someone told him to say that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic