Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (video)
    Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 1:47am
ConfusedCryI am SO F"KING SICK of this commercial!
Chilluns o'dee REAL WORLD!
Isn't it time to quit playin' "modified Pokemon" an' get a REAL LIFE?!
<shakes.head>
PLEASE grow up - it's time.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 5:13am
I don't dig the ad, but...you DO know calling WoW a "modified Pokemon" is like calling an AK-47 a "modified spear", or calling a car a "modified horse", right?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 5:14am
Actually, no.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Actually, no.

I play WoW(and know people who play Pokemon, though I do not) and well, the similarity between Pokemon and WoW is that they're both games, just like the similarity between a spear and an AK-47 is that they are both weapons, and the similarity between a car and a bike is that they are both transports.

As for the "get a life" bit, despite playing the game, I work 2 jobs, socialize and go out with friends, and get stuff done around the house, too, I'm not exactly some dude who spends his every hour in front of the PC playing games. It's just a way to kill time, same as watching a movie or reading a book(both of which I find time to do as well), or, well,  posting to a forum, say, to complain about commercials, heh.

If it makes you feel any better though, Mists of Pandaria is taking a lot of the fun out of the game for me, so who knows, maybe I'll give it up soon. Course, there's plenty of other games out there for me to play in it's stead, so...
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 8:39am
Yeah... I appreciate your explanation/defense and such, but I will just say now.. Pa already has moved on. He is lost to us. Ask him about cartoons ha

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Yeah... I appreciate your explanation/defense and such, but I will just say now.. Pa already has moved on. He is lost to us. Ask him about cartoons ha

LOLClapThanky Jero, you cute lil'sock-puppet!
You are correct.
Like many an adult, my life changed when I quite reading 'Nancy - in fact, that was before they even made 'Nancy Cartoons' (I didn't even know they existed!) fer yas spermmistakes...but I guess we had to keep y'all busy.
Now look what we have.
Can't wait for 'World of Warcraft' to bring in the 'Nancy'-version. Guess it works for those that have never played the 'REAL WORLD' of Warcraft (they generally have seen more than enough, so I've come to understand).
"Make Believe" is really COOL and FUN! eh?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 1:39am

You are correct.
Like many an adult, my life changed when I quite reading 'Nancy - in fact, that was before they even made 'Nancy Cartoons' (I didn't even know they existed!) fer yas spermmistakes...but I guess we had to keep y'all busy.
Now look what we have.
Can't wait for 'World of Warcraft' to bring in the 'Nancy'-version. Guess it works for those that have never played the 'REAL WORLD' of Warcraft (they generally have seen more than enough, so I've come to understand).

60 years of life. 30 years miltary. So far I have not been shot and have not have been forced to shoot someone else. (thank God) I certainly don't need to pretend that I am doing this. I have seen first hand that most of the people who have actually been there do not want to talk about it much less play this game!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 1:42am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

You are correct.
Now look what we have.

60 years of life. 30 years miltary. So far I have not been shot and have not have been forced to shoot someone else. (thank God) I certainly don't need to pretend that I am doing this. I have seen first hand that most of the people who have actually been there do not want to talk about it much less play this game!
Bingo!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 1:45am
I play Final Fantasy, Zelda and Worms Armageddon and WoW is actually too dorky for me.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:24am

]I have seen first hand that most of the people who have actually been there do not want to talk about it much less play this game!

10 million people play this game mate. I have 2 friends who served in Iraq, both of whom who play this game, a girl I'm friends with, her boyfriend and a few of his friends play this game, they're currently serving in Afghanistan. Considering the fairly small number of people I'm friends with in game, that's a pretty big amount for such a supposedly small group of soldiers who play.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:30am

Do you watch movies? Ever read a book? What about TV shows, you watch any of those?

Cause they aren't real, either. They're works of "make believe" put on a screen, or printed on paper.

And as I told that dude below, I know several dudes who have been in the "REAL WORLD of Warcraft" as you put it, and they have NO PROBLEM playing the game. But hey, if you wanna continue to be wrong, carry on, some people just refuse to be educated and you seem to be one of them.
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:33am
Does "educated" include admitting this game is cool, because I'd rather be ignorant
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 2:50am
WinkYa know Sarge...we can't be right all the time, no matter what real life has brought and taught us...think some feelings been rubbed raw...no matter...it's all as good as it is going to get. 

Folk like us can dislike it for the reasons we state and believe...and others can disagree.
Good thing for this world...
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 3:20am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

]I have seen first hand that most of the people who have actually been there do not want to talk about it much less play this game!

10 million people play this game mate. I have 2 friends who served in Iraq, both of whom who play this game, a girl I'm friends with, her boyfriend and a few of his friends play this game, they're currently serving in Afghanistan. Considering the fairly small number of people I'm friends with in game, that's a pretty big amount for such a supposedly small group of soldiers who play.

The combat Vets I was talking about are Korea and VietNam. Maybe it was different. I don't know from being there.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 3:38am

Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

The combat Vets I was talking about are Korea and VietNam. Maybe it was different. I don't know from being there.
The combat vets I speak of are my beloved father (WWII, Korea,VN), our own oldest son (AfgyWolf; a few tours), our second-oldest daughter (current - border drug war), two of my cousins, my father-in-law (WWII, Korea, VN - with my father)...and a whole bunch of others - that is just my immediate family. These games give my son nightmares and screw him up, these days. Wonder if the thought of killing a pokemon brings back the horror of taking out a kid with a loaded chest and bad intentions...it is a question I will not ask the AfgyWolf, but my father says "indeed".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 3:40am
I simply don't get it.  Space Invaders and Breakout and Pac-man were good for an occasional quarter when I was in my 20s, but beyond that, I simply had no interest.  I saw video games as "something the kids do", like yo-yos and klackers and skateboarding.  It really wasn't for people my age/era.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I simply don't get it.  Space Invaders and Breakout and Pac-man were good for an occasional quarter when I was in my 20s, but beyond that, I simply had no interest.  I saw video games as "something the kids do", like yo-yos and klackers and skateboarding.  It really wasn't for people my age/era.

Agreed - but there were some rather educational games that *I* thought were good things for kids, once upon a time.
Then came "DOOM". A piece of 'technical art' with a spin that left no apparent positive benefit..
MissyDWolf has always hated those style of games..."really cool, eh? And do you know what it is really like to pull a real trigger?"
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2012 at 9:51pm
Sarge, I think you & Pa are taking this commercial way to seriously. This game doesn't even have real life looking characters compared to some. 
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Sarge, I think you & Pa are taking this commercial way to seriously. This game doesn't even have real life looking characters compared to some. 

Yeah, seriously. I doubt even the most hardened war vet is gonna have flashbacks and nightmares to 'Nam because his big, green, Orc mage summoned a water elemental and cast a bolt of ice at the giant lord of fire, while his anthropomorphic bull buddy shape shifts into a bear to keep the lord of fire busy, and their other buddy, the elf paladin, calls on the power of the holy light to heal up any injuries they take.

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 7:34pm
I do know WoW is huge in a lot of camps in Kabul. My nephew said they played a lot of Modern Warfare on XBox Live when he was deployed. 
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Nothing serious. Just the old generation gap thing. 1952 models did not grow up with video games. The first time I played a video game it was Pong. I was in a bar. I was there legally. Since then I fooled around a few times with my kid's Atari but that is pretty much it.  Seriously I wish all Gamers the very best and hope you all have lots of fun.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 8:50pm
I'm not a gamer although I did have a PlayStation 1 long ago. I sucked at games unless I had cheat codes.Wink
But, these commercials are directed towards gamers. I don't see a whole lot of difference in the violence between video games or watching Rambo shoot up entire NVA regiments without getting hurt.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic