Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Maybe it's just me, but..." thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "Maybe it's just me, but..." thread
    Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:20pm
Random musings, observations, personal oddities, irrelevant nonsequiturs from out of nowhere..... nowhere else appropriate to put 'em, so put 'em here!

Rule: You have to start by saying "Maybe it's just me, but....."
--------

- Maybe it's just me, but I think I am really annoying my coworkers by suddenly brandishing something and saying "Wizzarrrrrrrdd!!"

- Maybe it's just me, but I think Rachael Ray looks like she'd be pretty fun in the sack.

- Maybe it's just me, but why can't the City just put every road crew on ONE project at once, instead of fifty separate projects all over the place?

- Maybe it's just me, but don't you just hate it when you have to pass gas, but suddenly realize there's solids coming instead, and have to throw everything in reverse?  Ow! 

- Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Angelina Jolie is all that hot.

-Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be an amazing revelation that hits you at some point, when you realize that your parents are just as full of crap as anyone else is.  

Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 10:26pm
-Maybe it's just me but I think it would be hilarious if in the middle of one of her concerts J-Lo dips a tin of Kodiak snuff. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 11:20pm
Maybe it's just me but has anyone else ever get the feeling what goes around doesn't always come around.
was feeling nostalgic
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Maybe it's just me but has anyone else ever get the feeling what goes around doesn't always come around.
Maybe it's just me but that could be something to be thankful about....  LOL
Skerlnik View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skerlnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 12:10am
Maybe it's just me, but if my boss can't do my job faster, better and more efficiently than I can, or has no idea what I even do, then he/she has no bloody business being my boss.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 1:24am
Maybe it's just me, but I wish there were actually something on TV.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm tired of basketball news.....the seasons over.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 1:58am
Maybe it's just me, but it seems those stylized price scanner target designs that used to be on barcode scanners in stores that supposedly were made to help clerks aim the barcode at the laser actually ended up making things more confusing for them, thus the reason why they're just simple box shapes now.

(but they sure looked cool)
skip to 0:14

a kiddie version:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems most of the new electronic devices that come out now are really really unnecessary, I mean no one lost their mind when the couldn't use a map, call someone, and go on the internet on the same device.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems most celebrity news doesn't really matter, and if it wasn't reported about, I doubt people will go absolutely nuts.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems the 1990s no matter how bad they were, seemed to be more tolerable.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems no matter how much people try to make supermarkets exciting, to men the supermarket will always be boring and a place that they want to get out as soon as possible.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems fads are just useless things that people use to be popular, and arn't really unnecessary.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:00am
Maybe it's just me, but I could care less about A-Rod's divorce(that's a private matter between and his soon-to-be ex-wife).

Maybe it's just me, but I hate it when I feel a humongous sneeze coming on, and it cuts out at the very last second.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:14am
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I could care less about A-Rod's divorce(that's a private matter between and his soon-to-be ex-wife).

LOL

Maybe it's just me, but I could care less who signs Barry(I didn't use steroids)Bonds to their team.
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:15am
Maybe it's just me, but what goes around does come around...just not always in the same lifetime!!
Love endures all.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:25am
Maybe it's just me, but with 4 failed marriages under her bra, maybe it's time Christie Brinkley quit whining, and maybe look in the mirror for why her latest one failed.

musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:32am
I have my own barcode scanner.  Just like the ones in the store.  It's pretty cool.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Skerlnik Skerlnik wrote:

- Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Angelina Jolie is all that hot.

LOL and I thought I was the only one.

smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 2:36am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I could care less who signs Barry(I didn't use steroids)Bonds to their team.

No, Tiz, it's definitely NOT just you. LOL
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 4:21am

LOL

Maybe it's me, but I think a lot of people get the "care less" saying wrong.

The proper way to say it is, "I could not care less" about X.  In other words I care so little about X that it simply isn't possible to care less.

Embarrassed Sorry, but it had to be said.

Nautigal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 7:03am
LOL  Musicman, it's not just you!

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 7:19am
Maybe it's just me, but if you take all the vowels out of 'OBAMA', all you're left with is 'BM'...and if you take the consonants out, all you have is 'OAA'...also known as a bad Tony Danza impression.Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

LOL

Maybe it's me, but I think a lot of people get the "care less" saying wrong.

The proper way to say it is, "I could not care less" about X.  In other words I care so little about X that it simply isn't possible to care less.

Embarrassed Sorry, but it had to be said.

You know what I think it is?  I think people say "I could care less" when they SHOULD be saying either "I couldn't care less" OR  "As if I could care less".

In other words "As if I could care less about X than I already do".  That would make sense, I think.

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 12:08am
I think, with a few million exceptions, people are dumbasses.LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 12:55am
Maybe it's just me, but Brett Farve leaving Green Bay for another team is a big mistake.

Maybe it's just me, but Paris(or whomever) breaking a fingernail is not Breaking News. 
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 1:23am
Maybe it's just me, but Brad Pitt & what's her name having twins does not make the world go around.Pinch
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 2:08am

Maybe it's just me, but Brad Pitt & what's her name having twins does not make the world go around.Pinch

Oh, Tiz, it's not just you.  First of all, I've never felt that she was as drop-dead gorgeous as everyone seems to think.

Second, she is NOT the first woman to have kids.  JEEZ.  And what about overpopulation?!  It's a little hypocritical, I think.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 10:52am
Maybe it's just me, but I think Billy Mays is a f**king big mouth hairy assed gorilla!!
Maybe it's just me, but I'd love to shove that old Wentworth geezer off a god damned cliff and watch him splat the friggin Gecko with a squish-thud!!!
Maybe it's just me, but I'd love to tie the singing Freecreditards to a train track!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Oh, Tiz, it's not just you.  First of all, I've never felt that she was as drop-dead gorgeous as everyone seems to think.

Second, she is NOT the first woman to have kids.  JEEZ.  And what about overpopulation?!  It's a little hypocritical, I think.

I thought it was just me.   This is her thing now.  I think she is an addict.
I wonder if any of the children would be better off in impoverished environments with real world values, or in celebrity kid therapy with their lives draining down the toilet.  Nannys and jetsetting...never a stable life! Confused  It's hard to call that one!

A modern Mia and Woody?  Brad is trapped for good!

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 2:32pm
Maybe it's just me, but I see nothing wrong with having brownies for breakfast!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic