Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citi Private Pass "You're boring"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citi Private Pass "You're boring"
    Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 4:00am

This guy recounts how his girlfriend broke up with him because he was "boring." "So I decided to become 'not boring.' " And then goes on detailing how he used his Citi Private Pass card.

Representatives of the credit industry rag on about consumers borrowing irresponsibly and not being able to tell a need from a want. I don't think credit-card issuers want responsible customers...not enough money to be made from them! Otherwise, where are the ads showing people using the plastic when the water heater bursts, the old car breaks down, the dog gets sick...
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

Representatives of the credit industry rag on about consumers borrowing irresponsibly and not being able to tell a need from a want. I don't think credit-card issuers want responsible customers...not enough money to be made from them! Otherwise, where are the ads showing people using the plastic when the water heater bursts, the old car breaks down, the dog gets sick...
Of course they want customers who consider credit cards "additional income". At the very least they will max out their 14% interest card. Even better if they use it for cash advances and balance transfers at twice the interest rate never even looking at their statements and realising that these have to be payed in full before they even start paying the 14% balance. of course if a payment is a day late the interest can go up to the 34% legal limit and remember the credit card company does not have to prove if they received the payment on time or not. And don't forget late/over limit fees. They prey upon stupid/ignorant people. who really dont know the difference between need and want and have no clue that they are being robbed. I escaped this scam by biting the bullet and not charging anything. Enrolling in a consumer credit program (2 1/2 years) keeping one card and not carrying a balance for over 7 years now. 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
roadfool View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 8:55am
This ad annoys the hell out of me. So the dude uses his credit card to go to some concerts and somehow that makes him not boring? Sorry, guy, buying a bunch of overpriced show tickets probably isn't going to improve your conversation skills.
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 1:45pm
How the f*ck am I supposed to believe that just buy having a Citi Card that I will get to go backstage and meet a celebrity?  Also, the ex-gf is a total bitch for breaking up with him that way.  There is so much wrongness packed into this commercial.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 1:54pm
So, going to a museum and to see some pop star makes him interesting?  Hell, I know people who've travelled the world, and it doesn't make them interesting.  In fact, when they start talking about their travels---zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Besides, doesn't he know that all he has to do is switch over from "Boring" potato chips to Chex Mix, to become suddenly interesting?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Besides, doesn't he know that all he has to do is switch over from "Boring" potato chips to Chex Mix, to become suddenly interesting?

LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 8:06pm
Sick Oh please. His girl just broke up and the first thing Mr Excitement did was go to Citi Bank webpage.
I'll show her!

Probably drives a Mini Cooper and dragged his (ex) GF to his mom's every weekend, too. 
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 10:17pm
WTF is up with the way it says "boring" 3 different times? Geeze, one would have gotten the point across, but you know unless it's screamed or repeated the big bad ad men think we'll be too stupid to understand it. Wacko

Ok so what is this? Is he using points that credit card companies like to issue meaninglessly? Is this just something he gets to pay for and only the thousands of card members are invited? Seriously, cooking with Giada and seeing Alecia Keys makes you sound like a creeper. If I were a single woman and you tried to name drop that sh*t on me I'd laugh in your face. It just doesn't make him more interesting or attractive at all.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 11:06pm
I don't care if Alicia Keyes was performing in my backyard, I probably still wouldn't attend.  Hell, if the Beatles were having a reunion for free and I had to travel to NY for it, I probably still wouldn't go.

But wait!  It's not as if this Keyes show is free for cardholders.  It just means it's open only for Citi cardholders to attend.  They still have to pay for it.  So what's the advantage?  You get to see someone you don't care for (that guy couldn't care less about Keyes)---and pay for it---but it's "exclusive" to people who have this credit card, so you'd be honored to attend??  Wha??

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Sick Oh please. His girl just broke up and the first thing Mr Excitement did was go to Citi Bank webpage.
I'll show her!...

WinkOF COURSE HE DID!
He needed the card so he could get a cash advance to pick up a hooker, 'cause he's boring.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 6:00am
If the guy wants to be more interesting, he needs to forget about Citibank and go take some pointers from a fellow advertising spokesman:

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

WTF is up with the way it says "boring" 3 different times? Geeze, one would have gotten the point across, but you know unless it's screamed or repeated the big bad ad men think we'll be too stupid to understand it. Wacko

Ok so what is this? Is he using points that credit card companies like to issue meaninglessly? Is this just something he gets to pay for and only the thousands of card members are invited? Seriously, cooking with Giada and seeing Alecia Keys makes you sound like a creeper. If I were a single woman and you tried to name drop that sh*t on me I'd laugh in your face. It just doesn't make him more interesting or attractive at all.
I used to get a printout of my Delta skymiles in the mail. Guess what I could get with my tens of thousands of miles? You are correct. Nothing! LOL I originally was sold the American Express card in NYC before leaving for Greece. 20,000 skymiles ca-ching. Oh. By the way (post flight) skymiles are only for "domestic" flights. Cancelled card upon return. Still charged $65 annual fee. FU AMCO and DELTA!
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 1:10pm
Frivolous expenditures and brainless consumerism are surefire ways to become more appealing. Just think of all the new calls you can get, especially from creditors.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 8:57pm
We don't even get a satisfying revenge scene where she tries to go back and he says "sorry - you're boring", and into the scene walks a celebrity he's currently dating. Couldn't they at least have given us that?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 10:23pm
Maybe he was boring "under the sheets".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Maybe he was boring "under the sheets".

Depends what sense of the word "bore" you mean.

To make a hole in or through, with or as if with a drill?

To make weary by being dull, repetitive, or tedious?

or my favorite...

A high, often dangerous wave caused by the surge of a flood tide upstream in a narrowing estuary or by colliding tidal currents.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 10:07pm
^^ LOL
Kirbybeast! View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbybeast! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 1:06am
What drives me NUTS about this damn commercial is how Alicia Keyes sings while having a Grand Mal seizure. "dIS Girl is on FIiiiiYUH!"
Yeah. Like she'd take notice of you, BoringBoy!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 5:43pm
My dad joked about this commercial "He's not only not boring now he's also broke!" LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 9:07pm
So the dude is ogling a portrait of Marilyn by himself, that looks exciting.Sleepy 
Visits that cooking class thing on the video screenshot by himself. She must have turned him down as he didn't take her to see Keyes back stage.

Keyes "may" give the poor guy a mercy kiss on the cheek because she feels sorry for him.

How exciting is that? 
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 10:07pm

It's the same message Corporate America's been sending for decades. Are you boring/fat/unpopular/ugly?? Don't make any effort at self improvement, go on a spending spree. SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 5:46pm
Now he's also blind after staring at Giada's 743 teeth coming at him like a thousand points of light.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Now he's also blind after staring at Giada's 743 teeth coming at him like a thousand points of light.

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 3:57am
As if Alicia Keys is really going to give this pasty white dude the time of day. Who's he that he gets special treatment and gets to go backstage? "Ooh look, I've got a Citi card so that entitles me to cool stuff! I'll bet my bitchy ex will take me back now that she sees I'm not boring anymore!"

Good luck loser.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic