Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Footloose Chase Cash Back Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Footloose Chase Cash Back Commercial
    Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 4:53am
Why oh why must they take an already awful song and adopt it and use it for a commerical? I'm talking about the song I hate "Footloose" used for getting cash back from Chase Bank. Are the people who are the so called creative geniuses on drugs/crack? The snarky guy strums his guitar and sings the Kenny Loggins abortion from the two Footloose movies. This commercial is in Black and White but his guitar is blue. WTF? AngryNuke
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 7:15pm
This commercial gets the Mute Button treatment in the Mooch house.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 7:18pm
Another Ad Hole ruining an 80's song to sell products

Censored off Madison Avenue take your bad song remakes and shove it up your ass!Thumbs Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 7:52pm
Well that was horrible Confused

I hope this is the only time I see it.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 6:55am
From your mouth to God's ears. Sorry to say they are bombarding us with this POS commercial. I hated that song when Kenny Loggins first did it in 1982. Now this.
I approve this message.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 5:57am
This. Commercial.  Must.  Die.  Stop remaking 80s songs for your own agenda!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 10:58pm
Yet another "Repeat Offender." This is the same clod who torments Michael Jordan on the plane in those Hanes ads. ... Clod. Dead
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 2:50pm
I really don't know what to hate most about this commercial:

The crappy remake of a crappy song.
The charmless dweeb in a business suit trying to win new customers with his scintillating rock 'n' rollin'.
The fact that the dweeb is barely even pretending to play the guitar.
Drawing attention to the color of the card with the photography. The card being blue has no significance and isn't unique.
The pointlessness of the random scenarios. Our capitalist rock 'n' roll hero is in a barber's chair. Now he's rockin' in a diner. Move over, Chuck Berry!

Other than the executives at Chase, whom Chase's marketing department is trying to flatter into thinking they're rad rockers of the financial world, to whom is this commercial meant to appeal?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

I really don't know what to hate most about this commercial:

The crappy remake of a crappy song.
The charmless dweeb in a business suit trying to win new customers with his scintillating rock 'n' rollin'.
The fact that the dweeb is barely even pretending to play the guitar.
Drawing attention to the color of the card with the photography. The card being blue has no significance and isn't unique.
The pointlessness of the random scenarios. Our capitalist rock 'n' roll hero is in a barber's chair. Now he's rockin' in a diner. Move over, Chuck Berry!

Other than the executives at Chase, whom Chase's marketing department is trying to flatter into thinking they're rad rockers of the financial world, to whom is this commercial meant to appeal?

Well, these days, when anyone and everyone gets referred to as a "rock star", it should be no surprise that some guy in a suit pretending to play a guitar to the tune of some decidedly non-rock and roll song (and in the same way as a 5 y/o might), gets depicted as "rock and rollin' ".

I'm just surprised that they didn't plop one of those spikey purple 80's "rock and roll" wigs on him, or maybe a set of Elvis sideburns.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 5:08pm

I'm just surprised that they didn't plop one of those spikey purple 80's "rock and roll" wigs on him, or maybe a set of Elvis sideburns.

[/QUOTE]

They want him to look like a "normal" yuppie Wall Street type who attempts to play a guitar and tries to butcher an already horrible 80's song. This way he's more believable. The worst line of this ad/song is when he sings about the fan from the home improvement center keeping the hound cool. The cool doggy looks like he wants to drop a deuce on our awful yuppie foot loose dweeb from hell.
I approve this message.
SaintCharlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaintCharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Why oh why must they take an already awful song and adopt it and use it for a commerical? I'm talking about the song I hate "Footloose" used for getting cash back from Chase Bank. Are the people who are the so called creative geniuses on drugs/crack? The snarky guy strums his guitar and sings the Kenny Loggins abortion from the two Footloose movies. This commercial is in Black and White but his guitar is blue. WTF? AngryNuke

This commercial is played ad nauseum when watching espn online. I want to smash this dude over the head with his sh*tty guitar...and btw, there's no discernible guitar in this song! f**k Chase.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by SaintCharlie SaintCharlie wrote:

This commercial is played ad nauseum when watching espn online. I want to smash this dude over the head with his sh*tty guitar...and btw, there's no discernible guitar in this song! f**k Chase.

I'd take it one step further no doubt I will smash his f**king guitar over his f**king head, I'll kick him the balls too!Angry

OMG I just noticed something! Near the end of the commercial he stops fiddling with the guitar the guitar sound still plays. Not only is his guitar stupid it's unnecessary.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:37pm
^^ While singing, "Sack, kick sack, guitar makes yo' head go 'crack'!"
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 10:08am

[/QUOTE]

I'd take it one step further no doubt I will smash his f**king guitar over his f**king head, I'll kick him the balls too!Angry

OMG I just noticed something! Near the end of the commercial he stops fiddling with the guitar the guitar sound still plays. Not only his guitar stupid it's unnecessary.

[/QUOTE]

I'll take it one step further; how about taking his blue guitar and shoving it where the sun don't shine? He'd probably get off on this and just do air guitar! What's next for them? "Let's Hear It For The Boy?"
Or why not just take that stupid segment where all you see are feet dancing with the Footloose diarrhea song in the background.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 2:44pm
If Footloose is the song he chooses, he has no business even pretending to play the guitar.  For that matter, he has no business even pretending to have a dick.

Buddy, in case you haven't noticed, this is Glee music!

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

For that matter, he has no business even pretending to have a dick.

LOL

He's living in dick denial.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 4:12pm

If Footloose is the song he chooses, he has no business even pretending to play the guitar.  For that matter, he has no business even pretending to have a dick.

Wow, thats harsh, Thor. ( But I admit I don't even know what Glee is. My mind automatically shuffled any reference of it to "chick" stuff.)
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Wow, thats harsh, Thor. ( But I admit I don't even know what Glee is. My mind automatically shuffled any reference of it to "chick" stuff.)

DO NOT open that Pandora's Box, I beg of you! Remain one of the innocent ones who is in the dark!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:23pm
Glee is part of the feminizing of America. It starts misguided parents exposing their fetus to flash cards to learn to count. Then it's Sesame Street complete with Elmo to tickle one's fancy, then it's music like Taylor Swift, Nikki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepson and even Rebecca Black with that Friday song. As they plod through high school looking behind them to make sure there's no wing nut with a gun or bullying political correctness they can unwind watching the frau frau fruity Glee. So, it's no wonder why stuff like these Footloose commercials proliferate and we let it. 
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:40pm

Glee is part of the feminizing of America. It starts misguided parents exposing their fetus to flash cards to learn to count. Then it's Sesame Street complete with Elmo to tickle one's fancy, then it's music like Taylor Swift, Nikki Minaj, Carly Rae Jepson and even Rebecca Black with that Friday song. As they plod through high school looking behind them to make sure there's no wing nut with a gun or bullying political correctness they can unwind watching the frau frau fruity Glee. So, it's no wonder why stuff like these Footloose commercials proliferate and we let it. 

There was a news item last week about some 6 y/o boy in Maryland who was suspended from school for pointing his finger at someone and saying "Pow".  LOLWacko

And, of course, we've been seeing the commercials which portray husbands/fathers as weak and inconsequential (basically useless), for years now.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:34pm

There was a news item last week about some 6 y/o boy in Maryland who was suspended from school for pointing his finger at someone and saying "Pow".  LOLWacko

And, of course, we've been seeing the commercials which portray husbands/fathers as weak and inconsequential (basically useless), for years now.

Zero tolerance carried to the extreme again. Kids will find a way to have pretend "guns". Criminals will find a way to have real guns. I didn't have pretend I had a toy gun when I was a little boy. I still remember one of the coolest. It was a small sub-machine gun. You loaded a roll of caps, wound it up, and if you chose to. Hold the trigger back and "rip" through all 50 caps in less than 5 seconds! Lots of smoke too!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 12:48am

And you opened it for him, lol. Would've been nice to have one soul happily ignorant of Glee.
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:41am

None of that told me anything. I grew up with sesame Street back in the day, but obviously I don't watch it now....so I don't get the reference. (though I didn't like the "Elmomazation" of it back in the 90s....there were too many more interesting characters for me to think Elmo was anything special...I guess the kids liked him. Me? I liked ernie and Bert and Cookie Monster)

nothing else you said made any sense to me, since i don't know who any of those people are. So it is safe to say I still don't know what "Glee" is. I'll just have to look it up to get the answer without the political undertones.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

And you opened it for him, lol. Would've been nice to have one soul happily ignorant of Glee.
I have heard of Glee but never watched it. My Granddaughters are both in competitive cheerleading. I asked them what they thought of Glee. They both said it sucked. Their Mother refused to know their gender before birth and is a very busy but wonderful Mother. No fetus flash cards there and they are both straight A students.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 8:33am
nothing else you said made any sense to me, since i don't know who any of those people are. So it is safe to say I still don't know what "Glee" is. I'll just have to look it up to get the answer without the political undertones.

Then I feel you are blessed. Those names are just some of what the corporate media and music companies pedal as today's hottest music. Many of these so called stars got their start due to flash mobs, You Tube etc. Their sound is like someone opened a jar of Velveeta and it came out. All sounds the same with banal lyrics. And that's after being filtered through today's technology.
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic