Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible local commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2016 at 6:30pm
These guys buy a block of commercial time during some of the afternoon programming around here.

I can't stand these commercials. I'm fairly sure that I don't even need new windows.
But I'm tempted to sit through one of their high pressure sales pitches.

Just to get the free food then decline the purchase.  Evil Smile Asshats!

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 6:41pm
^That f*ckstick is back with another offer...84 months interest free!!!

These windows must have solid gold frames, WTF?

But this asshole is back with one of the most idiotic local commercials I have seen in my 57 years on this earth.  They must be trying to look stupid and that bald guys voice makes me crazy!  AngryAngryAngryAngry
I still wanna smack him!

EriSeguchi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EriSeguchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 1:25am
I could go on and on about local commercials that are super annoying. But this one... takes the cake... It's not the commercial per say, but this womans voice! It's so irritating. The woman before her was so much better! 

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 7:14am

Enjoy that Bawlimer Accent HON!
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Enjoy that Bawlimer Accent HON!

Horizon ads drive me nuts. They always show the one with an actor - a Horizon employee and his dork son "Max." Now "Max" is teaching his younger 3, 4 year old brother how to be the "perfect Horizon employee." Dead

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 5:46pm
THIS local Philly ad, it's been going on for well over a decade, all year long with this screaming a**hat!
STFU!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 5:50pm
Also another one that airs non stop around here. This jingle...and I also believe the same annoying announcer like the "Forman Mills" video I just posted.

They get different "real people" at the end of each ad...some scream like a bunch of batsh*t crazy white trash from the crappy Kensington section of Philly, some - like this guy - seems a tad more stable.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 2:42am
Yakima Watermill. Think I mentioned this one a while back. "WE MUST FLYYYYY!!!..." Just awful! AngryAngry

There's a few local ads that aren't online that are annoying too. Elliott Insurance "call 248-7711..." horrible jingle. Mariano Morales still comes out with a bunch of cheesy lawyer ads and then airs them 20x a day. Also annoying ones for Ponderosa Assisted Care as well (no video either).

Silverwood Theme Park always puts out something annoying. Here's just one of a few I see throughout the day, and automatically put on mute. DeadDead

There's another one with a very annoying 12-year-old kid (screaming and "WHOO!!" at every point during the commercial, even when it's not moving...) and his friend. It's not on YouTube, but I found a snapshot of these two folks online. The annoying one is on the right w/ the Nike hoodie. Angry
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13119035_958332694279834_1975399853866909336_n.jpg?oh=376abdd3c98b4145d59497373dc1c64f&oe=5820E5A5

Not to mention every time local breaks air, the frickin' Charter 80Fitz beatboxer ruins it for me.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 6:15pm
Todays dose of local stupidity.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 2:22pm
all the bad ads seem to share one unifying element-they borrow 'graphic ideas' from the YELLOW PAGE ADS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
sammeadows View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 4:02pm
Anyone in Middle Tennessee has obviously heard the "Morgan & Morgan" ads, where they say it at the very least, 4 or 5 times in a row at any point in time. The worst one is one for a settlement deal against energy drink companies where apparently people have had heart attacks and medical problems or have had injuries somehow "related" to the energy drink like it's 180 proof booze. Can't find the ad but here's a link to their site on the five lawsuits that have been filed under them against Monster Energy, most likely from morons who can't read the can and that you shouldn't consume more than 400mg of caffeine a day without suffering adverse effects. Monsters don't even have that much caffeine in them compared to some of the things I drink (usually about 160~, and I restrict myself to one a day for keeping myself energized and focus for work purposes) there's even coffee capable of being stronger than Monsters, since your average can contains about 80mg in a single can. And "death" being an adverse side effect of caffeine is when you drink about 5 or 6 gallons of coffee in succession before it genuinely OD's you. God I hate the ad, it's so ridiculous to listen to and think they're taking in morons who can't read the can.

https://www.forthepeople.com/class-action-lawyers/monster-energy-drinks-lawsuit/#
DFWHatesTV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFWHatesTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 9:53pm
Verizon still airs the Google Pixel promo on my local stations, think KDFW, KDFI, WFAA, KXAS, etc. I HATE it.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 12:32am
Plays here every day because yes boys and girls, nothing spices up the christmas party like
a losing lottery ticket.

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 7:27am
Sickeningly schmaltzy commercial from a local vulture, I mean undertaker.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
DFWHatesTV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFWHatesTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 2:21am
Most commercial in my local market!!! THEY ARE HORRIBLE THAN NATIONAL.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 6:00pm
God, we have so many bad commercials here.

Nickel Pickle?? How about double dumbass dickhead? Angry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 9:53pm
There's a local One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning commercial here where a brother and sister (kids) fight over Heating/AC. "HEATING!" "NO, AIR CONDITIONINGGGG!!" "HEATING!!" Shut up stupid kids!
BTW nowhere to be found on YT or other sites, it is local to Yakima.

Mariano Morales Law Office also released a cheesy Indiana Jones commercial where they are searching for a lost cell phone - and thus a consultation for car wreck injuries.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
inthemountains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inthemountains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 7:29am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=141bIsLLIek - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=141bIsLLIek

I will just leave this right here. These guys are the faces of a, shall we say, adult novelty store in Denver and I haven't yet seen a commercial of theirs that didn't make me cringe.
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 6:19pm
Chicagoland ambulance chaser

The commercial below is technically not the worst, but if you live in the Chicagoland area and you've never seen it, you're living in a cave.  Believe it or not, after 30 years, it still gets airtime.

Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
ILUVTOMH77 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILUVTOMH77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 6:31pm
I'm in PA every July and I see this finger pointing lawyer plastered all over TV and billboards.  Jeez, he must be the Keystone State's #1 accident lawyer by the amount of billboard space he pays for.

Chevy commercials that feature annoying hipsters make me NOT want to ever buy a Chevy......
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:05pm
Accident? Don't Get Mad, Angry GET EVEN!!! Big smile

Call our Lawyers today at (555) GET-EVEN LOL

Dewey, Cheatham and Howe - Attorneys At Law
Poiuyt Power!!!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 4:06am
Yakima Watermill just came back with their stupid commercials, notably 'WE MUST FLYYYYY'...awful! Mariano Morales (Yakima lawyer) still putting out cheesy stuff, including that Indiana Jones commercial.
And Yakima's One Hour Heating...still seeing the fighting kids. HEATING! NO AIR CONDITIONING! Awwwhhh...shutup. AngryDeadAngry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 6:31pm
We have our share of AAL commercials. Sure, if you were injured and it wasn't your fault?
 Go ahead, that's why god invented insurance and personal injury lawyers. I just feel like there are too many people committing fraud and not worthy of a settlement. That freaking Oasis commercial keeps popping into my mind.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 1:32am
Torrington Ford Lincoln has a really stupid TFL Draft commercial with the owner of the dealership and some African American guy from the New York Giants. Here's what happens: the announcer says next up it's Andrew Adams for the UConn Huskies" he then comes down and holds up the jersey next to the owner of the dealership. He then asks the owner "TFL I thought this was a professional football team?"The owner says "don't worry it's a good company" then Andrew says "what does it stand for?" The owner finally admits "Torrington Ford Lincoln" then something else is said then they cut to the usual spiel about their red tag event complete with cheaply animated red tags in front of pictures of the dealership. Then they show pictures of car cutouts in front of the same background to display seperate offers
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Torrington Ford Lincoln has a really stupid TFL Draft commercial with the owner of the dealership and some African American guy from the New York Giants. Here's what happens: the announcer says next up it's Andrew Adams for the UConn Huskies" he then comes down and holds up the jersey next to the owner of the dealership. He then asks the owner "TFL I thought this was a professional football team?"The owner says "don't worry it's a good company" then Andrew says "what does it stand for?" The owner finally admits "Torrington Ford Lincoln" then something else is said then they cut to the usual spiel about their red tag event complete with cheaply animated red tags in front of pictures of the dealership. Then they show pictures of car cutouts in front of the same background to display seperate offers

On the bright side, no "Flo", no lizard, no moms hawking Campbell's soup. Tongue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic