Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible local commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Again, from the Philadelphia area, there is an auto dealer name McCafferty that features the owner ( a very homely looking bald headed chap with a huge dap between his teeth) who is sitting in a barber chair with a bad wig on his bald head, pretending to be a child getting a haircut.
Why don't these twits from Philadelphia stop trying to make their own commercials with their weird sense of humour?

Philly car ads are awkwardly terrible. Another one is "Jim Sipala wants to See Ya in a Kia - Thats Craaaa-zy!!" After seeing the other local ads (cars, other products) in this post, we're certainly not alone.

Sponsored Links

AdumL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdumL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 2:13pm
Local commercial here in North Georgia. Y'all have Fun with this one!

mista_ecks View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mista_ecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 8:25pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-edbNCkZ2hg
www.blogtalkradio.com/thefabliferadio
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 12:28am
Good grief the Forman Mills ads are beyond annoying! I wanna rename them as Moron Mills! I'd wanna obilItarate my TV to smitherines if I had to put up with that $#%& day after day!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Good grief the Forman Mills ads are beyond annoying! I wanna rename them as Moron Mills! I'd wanna obilItarate my TV to smitherines if I had to put up with that $#%& day after day!

It really is incredibly awful! There are new Pre-Black Friday ads now polluting my TV for that dump.

And I THOUGHT the Barbera Dodge commercials changed their delivery this time last week. New ad, same asshat announcer but speaking in a normal tone for once. It was for a Veteran's Day sale so I guess he toned it down out of respect.

Short lived, I saw yet a NEW ad a few days ago and he's back to his annoying ways.

Stupid car ads, if you miss a sale one week..big whoop.
There's always some kind of "event sale" every single week.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 1:37am

Hey, PhillyNerd...maybe you're too young, but do you remember a commercial for Anthony's Plumbing in Philadelphia that featured some middle-aged blonde reclining seductively on her side, singing their jingle?  It went...

P I four, two two hundred
That's the number
For the plumber
Anthony's!!

I used to see this commercial when I was in college in the mid-70s.

bandit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 4:11am
Very distasteful ad for transvaginal mesh procedure...by lawyers.  On various stations.

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 8:25am
ShockedLOL

First thing I noticed was how "Saiontz" is pronounced like "science". Very cute.
Second, that imagery was so gross I almost had a prolapse from laughing so hard.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Hey, PhillyNerd...maybe you're too young, but do you remember a commercial for Anthony's Plumbing in Philadelphia that featured some middle-aged blonde reclining seductively on her side, singing their jingle?  It went...

That's the number
For the plumber
Anthony's!!

I used to see this commercial when I was in college in the mid-70s.

I've heard of Anthony's Plumbing, but not this ad (thankfully). I do have a very good memory, old commercials..going as far back to the late 70s, (Watched a LOT of TV - remember Channel 48.) But the mid 70s, I would have been 3, 4 years old and probably watched nothing but WHYY Sesame Street Smile

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 3:33am

^  In looking to see if I could find a recording of that Anthony's commercial, I stumbled upon this page, which looks to be a forum of people talking about old Philly commercials.  Thought you might be interested:

ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 6:31pm
I'm not sure how "local" these are - I think they must be regional as I've also seen them on TV stations in neighboring markets - but The Law Offices of Lee Steinberg have by far the most irritating commercials on local Detroit television. 

First of all, I automatically hate any lawyer commercial that uses actors instead of actual clients.  It creates an automatic element of distrust.  Either they couldn't be bothered to find actual clients who would be willing to give testimonials, or there weren't any!  The tag line in one series of these spots is "Money doesn't solve everything, but it sure does help." If money doesn't solve everything, then why the hell are you crowing about how much money "Lee" got you? 

By far the most irritating series of commercials this law firm has come up with is the "Should've Called Lee" series.  An actor crows about how much money "Lee" got him/her for a certain accident or whatever, followed by another actor who describes being in the same situation but hiring a different lawyer and getting much less money.  "I should've called Lee!" the second actor laments.  Cut back to the first actor, with a grin on his/her face so smug I wish I could reach right through the screen and slap it off, who snarkily says, "Yep, you should've called Lee." Mind you, these two actors are in separate shots, and we never see them talking to each other, always to the viewer.  That's another thing that irritates me about these spots. 

(Another version starts with an actor talking about his/her settlement from a non-Lee lawyer, and then brings in the actor who used "Lee" who brags, "You should've called Lee!" and discloses the (much higher) amount of his/her settlement.  Cut back to the first actor: "You're right, I should've called Lee." One spot actually has the first actor uttering a bleeped obscenity, which is really ridiculous.)

There are YouTube videos of past commercials from this law firm, but I couldn't find any of the series of ads currently running.  But if you live in southeast Michigan and watch daytime TV, you probably know what I'm talking about.  The local stations always run TWO of these ads per commercial break, which is two too many.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 4:24am
There are a couple of different shorter versions of this awful ear drum grating piece of crap for St Pete/Clearwater tourism that play around here constantly...

...don't know what's worse, the annoying voice of the singer or the voice over guy talking about "mash ups". Another one of those stupid, annoying modern expressions I wish would go away.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 5:08am
^^^ OWWWWWW!!! ^^^
That one made my OWWW! Turn that $#!7 down!!!!
AngryDeadCryOuchCryDeadAngry

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 3:45am
It's back!! And it's been aired about 40 times the past few days! What the hell does penguins have to do with a swimming pool store in Yakima?

"Haa! I'm gonna get them this time a-derp-dee-derrrrrrr"

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 2:14pm
I live in the Philadelphia region of suburbia in Southern N.J. and I have to say that the local ads here are absolutely horrible!
The people of this area have perhaps the most annoying accent within the U.S.
If I were to compare it to the accents in my home country (the U.K.), I'd have to compare it to the Midlanders, or perhaps the Northern accent.
The use of double negatives amongst the Philadelphia area people is appalling. Ain't got no! and such....
The ads feature these horrible accents, especially the auto dealership ads.
Bloody hell, Philadelphia! Learn the correct way to speak!!
One man gathers what another man spills
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There are a couple of different shorter versions of this awful ear drum grating piece of crap for St Pete/Clearwater tourism that play around here constantly...

...don't know what's worse, the annoying voice of the singer or the voice over guy talking about "mash ups". Another one of those stupid, annoying modern expressions I wish would go away.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!

STFU! You stupid insipid singers!

I need duck tape now! *QUACK QUACK*
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 2:06am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by B.B.Rodriguez B.B.Rodriguez wrote:

This is one of the most horrible commercials that comes on locally. Makes me want to throw my remote at the tv every timeĀ Angry.

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Wow. I would lose my freggin mind if I had to see this one over and over.</span>

A Jared clone????????.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by B.B.Rodriguez B.B.Rodriguez wrote:

This is one of the most horrible commercials that comes on locally. Makes me want to throw my remote at the tv every time Angry.

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Wow. I would lose my freggin mind if I had to see this one over and over.</span>

A Jared clone????????.

Yeah if thats the case this guy is gonna lose work FAST LOLWinkPEDO!!!
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 3:51pm
You'd think that the gap-toothed asshaberdasher in the checkered shirt could afford to go to the dentist...guess not! Shocked
My computer is stuck in safe mode so I cannot hear the audio. Ouch

BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 6:19pm
Here's an example of a good PSA campaign that became stupid.
Modern Family actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson did this one for San Francisco's AIDS Walk in 2011:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziWYn7xfMRg

For the last couple of years, that ad has been replaced with another one in which Ferguson's dialogue is slilier, and even Donathan-esque:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M32Mq3ZjelI
"Knitting a SWEATER with my FEET! MUL-ti TASking!"Wacko
The walk is sponsored by San Francisco's ABC station,so the ad has been running incessantly during the last month.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 4:35am
I really have to throw this fecal matter up for review

for some reason they matched this heinous cougar with Mr. Squeaksalot
to make potentially the worst possible ad on the continent
AND This pair of saps and this obvious Yellow Page based content
have run for around a DECADE
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
BiffSpiff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BiffSpiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 5:19am
Picture the scene:  I'm home after a long day's work.  I've just had dinner.  I grab myself a cold beer and sit down to watch my favorite baseball team.  I'm just starting to relax when on the screen comes the commercial that "cute" puked on!   A St. Louis tourism ad with the most annoying ho to ever strum a guitar!  Makes me want to throw my beer bottle at her (if it wouldn't waste a perfectly good beer).

Seriously.  Maybe I'll just hit her over the head with my empty and stuff my stinky work sock in her mouth!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 6:51am
Another stupid Silverwood Theme Park commercial. The girl is bawling her eyes out about summer leaving here. Waa waa waa.

There's yet another Silverwood commercial (not online) where a guy is running in a marathon and "Summer" passes by him unexpectedly at the end of the race.

Oh and by the way, Yakima Watermill just released another horrible commercial with the woman being pushed into the water by penguins (it's not on Youtube, it's brand new). Yes, what do penguins (who live in VERY COLD environments) have to do with a swimming pool store in central Washington state?

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 4:07am
This guy has been around for decades, finally after all these years I actually see his face in a commercial. With all of these exotic cars he sells, you think he'd put some $ into these ads.

At least get a camera man that uses a freggin tripod! (I just noticed the shaky camera work as he sits at his fancy desk) The "models" can't act to save their lives as well. LOL Comical and pathetic.

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2015 at 12:53pm
I hear Cleveland has the worst local commercials ever. 

As bad as our sports deficit!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic