Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrible local commercials

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 2:33pm
Horrible one in Yakima unfortunately, there is no web link to the commercial. It's for Isaak's Home Furnishings. A group of cheerleaders chant "ISAAKSHOME.COM!!" about four times. REALLY?! That's ear abuse! And chanting for a stupid furniture store to boot...

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2014 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by dreamtreedown dreamtreedown wrote:

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Although I agree I hate his commercials, his redeeming quality is that he is pretty charitable in my town. He donated furniture to the local youth center when they needed it and it was of decent quality. The commercials he could improve on significantly, but if that budget shortfall for advertising is going to charity, I'll take the crappy ads.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry Mama, but maybe you didn't realize every piece of crap furniture he "donates" is less tax he has to pay. The way he does business, it's probably all returned merchandise anyway.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 7:39pm
I have a whole new realm of ads to hate with a new provider, also finding out what I don't like about the plan. My receivers won't record.....WTF?  That's what I get for having the wife make the call.
On this ad I say,   Yeah, let's promote bad ass intimidation, as you make your way through grade school.

I remember lots of things from grade school, Pete puking in the hallway and that same year a girl sitting to my direct right, Embarrassed  all of a sudden, a puddle appeared below her chair.  We were taking a test, it must have been the stress. 
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 3:46am
OH YES - I see this bad one as well on our local stations. Our cable provider is Charter, however. Thank god the stupid "angel" women and 855-755-2999 have not come back yet.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 11:18am
Ya know, I always thought that a head coach in the NFL was paid pretty well...
Mike McCarthy, GB Packers coach earns a measly 5 million a year.
Why the hell does he make these stupid ads?

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 11:22am
So he can make Six Million a year.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
B.B.Rodriguez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B.Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 1:36am

This is one of the most horrible commercials that comes on locally. Makes me want to throw my remote at the tv every time Angry.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 2:20am
^ugh, that is bad.  It bothers me that the guy on the right has his shirt open and has no chest hair.(I love a man with a hairy chest)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 7:53pm
I sprained my brain and both fingers trying to find this one.
A local auto dealer, brothers (Witt Auto) think they are the hottest thing to produce a TV ad.
I am fuming and will do my best to describe this one of many.
One brother is this huge, lard ass, in a small carriage being pulled by a miniature pony.
He has a straw hat on is chewing on a fresh sprig of grain.
The pony is struggling with this assholes morbid obesity.
Then! The other brother comes along In his bad ass FORD PU, Cows in the back, a calf in the cab.
Honk , Honk......Great idea when passing a horse drawn vehicle.
We have a jeweler  that also makes constant bullsh*t ads that are a constant form of stress.

Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2014 at 1:01am
You can count on any local commercials for personal injury lawyers or used car dealerships being absolutely horrible.
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2014 at 5:00pm
This is a Senate ad. If you watch it you'll understand why I need to point that out.

As it appears on TV the initial frame showing Dr. Marcus Wehby MD with the words "US SENATE" floating around is snipped off. What you get is 57 seconds of "My doctor is friggin' amazing!" and then 3 seconds of "Therefore she'll make a great senator!"

I have an outstanding veterinarian, but if he ran for mayor I would still want to see his qualifications. That the people of Oregon are expected to believe that tucking an infant's spine back where it belongs is a demonstration of political skill should, at least in my mind, disqualify this candidate entirely. It is an insane concept.

"I did a great job paving this street, therefore you should let me sell you a house."
"I have a spotless driving record, so allow me to do your taxes for you."
"I can balance a liter of coke on my nose, so I don't see why I can't perform spinal surgery on that newborn."

(Yes, our Governor is/was an ER Doctor who recently saved a woman's life by performing CPR on her, but that's always been more "oh by the way, did you know...?" type information that the main thrust of any campaign he's ever run.)
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 3:03am
These are for "Emma's", some pizza place I've never heard of.

pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 5:58am
Dignity Health, with that stupid dinging background and the stupid lady sitting around with that stupid look on her face.  And if that's not bad enough, it's a 2-part commercial.  A couple commercials later, the second one comes on with more of the same crap.  F-U Dignity Health!  These are the same idiots that made the stupid commercial with the old lady stuck in the middle while crossing the street, and some dumbass leaves his car to help her cross.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 4:55am
An ad for "Yakima Watermill", with yet again, a fake CGI penguin pushing the woman into the water. Oh joy! And this ad was from a year ago but it has creeped up on KIMA the past two weeks or so!

SpeedCøw View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpeedCøw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 11:28pm
Chicago has their own superhero; waging a war on uninsured drivers.
Occasionally, you can still catch it on TV here in Chicago.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 5:56pm
Thes guys are a constant source of pain.
We have a jeweler in these parts who thinks he is in show business, judging based on the gazillion radio ads he does.
These brothers think they are gods gift to the local economy and frankly I want to kill the TV whenever I see the 2 douche bags, the fat brother is the worst.
I might just go up there and purge on their shiny show room floor.Angry Angry 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0uG_1Ow28s&feature=player_embedded

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 5:03am

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 6:46am
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

That wasn't so bad. Kind of catchy. That guy such a bad lip syncer, though.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by madwoman madwoman wrote:

That actually made me laugh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 9:43pm
That commercial ... what the hell  LOL LOL LOL

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 9:48pm
Booker T said to "Let 'em have it," so here you go guys:

I gotta say it's not near as annoying as their commercial from a few years back with the guy cranking up a chainsaw to cut through high priced furniture Angry

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Dreamstalker Dreamstalker wrote:

These are for "Emma's", some pizza place I've never heard of.

What's with the laughing in these commercials???

Stop laughing, you poorly animated idiots!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 1:51am
Essex Pawn, located in a suburb of Baltimore puts out some of the dumbest commercials I have ever seen.  And this thing seems to be airing constantlyAngry  

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 2:59am
UGH, the "Bob-O-Pedic" commercials drive me insane! Him and that ditzy blonde. Never heard of this store a year ago, since then this place has spread like a virus around the east coast.

The Philly area has this dumpy store called Forman Mills, they sell cheap clothing. The commercials, this announcer.... AngryAngryAngry

Just as annoying is this car dealership in Northeast Philadelphia.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 3:04am
Originally posted by B.B.Rodriguez B.B.Rodriguez wrote:

This is one of the most horrible commercials that comes on locally. Makes me want to throw my remote at the tv every time Angry.

Wow. I would lose my freggin mind if I had to see this one over and over.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic