Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levi's 'Go Forth!' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Levi's 'Go Forth!' (video)
    Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 10:56pm
Confused...uh....nahhh.
You're a kid what needs pants.
Buy pants, pull 'em up right, get the job (don't ya dare 'rap' at me, dammitnow!), go forth and make something of yourself, then go spend your paycheck on Levi's.
After that, you can go stuff dollars in that pole dancer's g-string, or whatever you like - be as "cool" as you wish.
Don't cause trouble...You're hanging by a thread from the start - make the climb good.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:17pm
You're not advancing any struggles by buying overpriced jeans.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

When I was in high school I bought Levi 501 button fly shrink to fit comfortable and durable jeans at a full retail store for $4.25. I realise this was many years ago. Nowdays I refuse to pay $50 for a pair of Levis. I can still buy comfortable/durable jeans made by Rustler, Wrangler, and Lee for $10 to $20. This commercial is out of bounds connecting your choice of jeans to solving world problems. WTF! They're a pair of f**cking pants!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 12:28am
Clap

Clap
Thank You, D! THAT is so well said.
I couldn't agree more - I remmeber when 'Levi's were the jeans to have'; when social climbers looked for the red tag hanging off of the back pocket.
Then came whatever model had the terrible button-up fronts (left bruises in all the wrong placesCry - didn't spawn any chilluns during those days!), but then came some bronze-tagged VERY comfortable ones - for a VERY SHORT TIME. Got two pairs, wore them out....never had Levis ever since.  Worn Carhartt ever since - and those are a real Man's jeans. Then again, I rarely ever wear pants, bein' a Wolf an' all...just when I have to go out in public with the pubics...Confused
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 12:45am
LOL But does Carrhart suggest that their jeans can make you the ruler of the world? Pa World might work. I have noticed that Pa at least listens to both side of an argument and forms his own opinion unlike at least one poster who will remain un-named that just rehashes the old party extreemist line no matter the subject. At least Pa World would support the return of the noble wolf who is a natural preditor that has a place in our ecosystem. Deer hunting is championed as thining the herd but works in opposition. Many deer are harvested as trophies that are the best of the herd. Wolves are experts at harvesting the weakest of the herd, Which actually helps strengthen it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 1:25am
The voiceover is channeling Patti Smith's Piss Factory (which Levi's jeans can become if you've drank too much).

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 1:31am

Jeans, Levi's especially, used to be the uniform for people who thought they were "advancing struggles" in the 70s.  Then came Ooh La La Sassoon.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 1:43am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

LOL But does Carrhart suggest that their jeans can make you the ruler of the world? Pa World might work. I have noticed that Pa at least listens to both side of an argument and forms his own opinion unlike at least one poster who will remain un-named that just rehashes the old party extreemist line no matter the subject. At least Pa World would support the return of the noble wolf who is a natural preditor that has a place in our ecosystem. Deer hunting is championed as thining the herd but works in opposition. Many deer are harvested as trophies that are the best of the herd. Wolves are experts at harvesting the weakest of the herd, Which actually helps strengthen it.
WinkThanky , Sarge!
Just a leeetle supporting story for you - for an even two days back.

I was on my usual mid-day ride through the wilderness; this time on a bit of the NYS Run for misbehavior and animal encroachment. The misbehavior is related to kids and obscure adults hiding along the waterway misbehaving; espeically along our, and bordering properties (we get the occasional kids smoking and both kids and adults skinny dipping; gotta remind them all that they are not only doing stupid illegal things, they are doing them in highly-contaminated/unsafe waters - which, when I explain it, almost always scares the hell out of them) .

Anyway - THAT is not what this is about.

I literally almost ran over a Seagull, as it was 'sunning' on a bridge, in the roadway.
It looked at me, but didn't move - that means it was injured.
I walked over to it and it kept exactly an arm's distance away, but stayed with me. walked along over the bridge and stopped when I tried to get it to go to the water.
A wildlife ranger came up and we chatted - then we saw a coyote eyeing the event; it ran into the woods., The ranger left as we know this is simply 'life in the balance'; but I couldn't quite handle that, so I stuck around and walked and talked with the gull for about 15-20 minutes. I swear it understood everything I said, but basically told me that it understood what was to come, but wasn't going to leave the warm, steel support bridge - we walked back and forth slowly, but it wouldn't budge.
I had tpo let nature its course as much as I hated to, but the Gull was at peace and NOT leaving one, or the other end of the bridge, no matter what I did.
It even stepped over the white line into traffic (well, we don't have that), when I tried to move it away, but jumped back whn I pulled back.
I was full, but I still feel bad for the gull because I KNOW it became 'lunch' for the coyote - and I HATE coyotes even more than those sh*t-eating, pesky gulls because coyotes are related (and they're retards).
And NO, 'Homey' wasn't wearing any stinkin' Levis during this event, either...was all nekkie an' hanging real long an' 2-low.LOL
~~~
The moral to this story is: Just 'cause yer 'tard cousin has nify Levi's doesn't mean he gets a 'free lunch'.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 2:17am
I had a similar experience with a Canada goose. It was hunkered down on a fairly busy street. I stopped and tried to shoo it to a safe place. It fought back with beak and wings. Sometimes I guess the prey know their lot in life and you cannot help them. An amusing story. I was driving past an eclusive/rich neigborhood when what I first thought was a dog crossing in front of me was actually a coyote. It continued into the neigborhood. I remember thinking what was on the coyote's mind? Kitty-poodle-kitty-poodle!
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 12:04pm
I saw this commercial yesterday. What a pretentious beatnik f*cking dreck. Then again, commercials advertising jeans are like ones advertising perfume or liquor; formulaic trash poorly disguised as elegant and high-brow.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 2:50pm
Artsy Levi's commercials go back decades.  "Travis, you're years too late!"

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:04pm
WHAT THE Censored?

It's jeans for crying out loud not the savoir of mankind! Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012 at 11:36pm
Patti Smith should sue,
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 12:58am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Worn Carhartt ever since - and those are a real Man's jeans. 

My husband wears nothing but Carhartt clothing. It's borderline obsessive, and since they NEVER WEAR OUT they just keep piling up when he buys a new pair. My only gripe is with the socks, the socks get holes in them like every other socks.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

My husband wears nothing but Carhartt clothing. It's borderline obsessive, and since they NEVER WEAR OUT they just keep piling up when he buys a new pair. My only gripe is with the socks, the socks get holes in them like every other socks.
WinkGOOD MAN!
You clearly chose well and found a sensible, good husband who can 'GO FORTH!' in smart clothing, sans socks (as long as he ain't wearin; no stinkin' Birkenstocks).

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 2:57am
3 years of high school. I bought Levi 501 button flys at a full retail store. $4.25! Plus I don't remember seeing a Levi commercial during this time. They sold themselves.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I had never heard of Carhartt. I found out I can find this brand locally at Coastal Farm and Ranch stores. I will check this out.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:11am

3 years of high school. I bought Levi 501 button flys at a full retail store. $4.25! Plus I don't remember seeing a Levi commercial during this time. They sold themselves.
I bought a pair of Lee's from Wal-Mart in 2006...they only have some small fraying at the hem, and wear in between the legs. No holes, nothing major...best jeans ever...makes me a bit sad I'll lose weight and not fit in them anymore.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 3:22am

Well, maybe with a little help from the Jefferson Airplane.

You wouldn't have seen this, but you might've heard it.  It was a radio ad.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 1:25pm

ConfusedI once bought a pair of those and conveniently 'lost' them, after awhile - found that when one had to open the fly in a hurry, it could get clumsy and wet. 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 4:16pm
I have a pair of red 501s I got about 20 years ago.  I got 'em 'cuz I'd never seen 'em before, and thought they were kinda cool.  I've hardly worn 'em, though.  Probably because they're red.  A case of something being better "on paper" than in reality, I guess.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 6:53am
Pull up your pants.  Buttons: Chafe, no room for your d*ck.  Center seam up your crack. $50: look like a tool.  The revolution will not be televised. 

This commercial is so damn annoying.  I can't remember a time when so many commercials have striven to be so goddamn annoying. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

roadfool View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 12:36pm
WTF is Levi's going on about in this ad? Their jeans aren't even made in the U.S. anymore so they need to get off their high horse. The last pair I bought said "made in Haiti" on the label and they were flimsy as hell. Definitely not the same durable Levi's I remember wearing as a kid.
eat at joe's View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eat at joe's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Pull up your pants.  Buttons: Chafe, no room for your d*ck.  Center seam up your crack. $50: look like a tool.  The revolution will not be televised. 

This commercial is so damn annoying.  I can't remember a time when so many commercials have striven to be so goddamn annoying. 

that cracked me up.  it's funny because it's true.  i can't speak for the no room for your d*ck, but they do feel like an unpleasant visit to the gyno for chicks.  

stupid, stupid commercial.  you can't take charge of the world, hipsters, unless you are correctly pantsed.  spend your whole tiny check you made waiting tables or working in a crappy used book store or coffee house so you can look cool the two hours a day you're off.  

i remember when grunge was in style and a rich friend of mine bought a pair of pre-ripped, grungey jeans at bloomingdale's for $70.  but i was part of the mob that had to wear gloria vanderbilt jeans when i was in high school.  mine were black.  as my soul. 
there are 3 kinds of people in the world - the one who are good at math and those who aren't.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2012 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by eat at joe's eat at joe's wrote:

Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

that cracked me up.  it's funny because it's true.  i can't speak for the no room for your d*ck, but they do feel like an unpleasant visit to the gyno for chicks.  

stupid, stupid commercial.  you can't take charge of the world, hipsters, unless you are correctly pantsed.  spend your whole tiny check you made waiting tables or working in a crappy used book store or coffee house so you can look cool the two hours a day you're off.  

i remember when grunge was in style and a rich friend of mine bought a pair of pre-ripped, grungey jeans at bloomingdale's for $70.  but i was part of the mob that had to wear gloria vanderbilt jeans when i was in high school.  mine were black.  as my soul. 

Never thought about it from a female perspective, but now that you mention it, I'd imagine wearing a pair of these things would be just as bad as for us guys Cry  They fit like a glass slipper on a 3rd degree-burned foot.

Hipsters can't take charge of the world because the circulation to their crotches in their teeny tiny pants has been cut off, and has made them permanently sterile. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic