Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bonnie's back (CVS)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bonnie's back (CVS)
    Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 1:10pm
When you'd thought she'd fallen (or been pushed) off of the Segway scooter for good, she's back at CVS annoying customers all around the store and getting this year's flu shot from "Eric" again.
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 3:37pm
Great ...

Please tell me by 'back' you mean they're just re-airing the original commercial, not that they made a new one.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Great ...

Please tell me by 'back' you mean they're just re-airing the original commercial, not that they made a new one.

Oh, please, at the very least, what insanity said.  No new Bonnie commercial, please!
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:30pm
Same old Bonnie.  Still want to run a stick between the spokes of that segway and watch her go ass over tea kettle into a Dr. Scholl's dosplay.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Same old Bonnie.  Still want to run a stick between the spokes of that segway and watch her go ass over tea kettle into a Dr. Scholl's dosplay.
OuchYou're mean, Maddy.
My beloved Mother is almost 90 and wants to roll around CVS (and a lot of other places) on a Segway really badly.
Even though I've yet to see a Segway WITH spokes, I think you'd find a way to still shove a 2x4 through the wheels and make some. To think...if you'd hurt Bonnie, you might hurt my Mother.Cry
And DO NOT toss Bonnie into the 'Dr. Scholls' display! MissyDWolf got her bad ol'self some of those 440's - and swears by them, but they emptied my wallet, so I don't have any yet and cannot back her on that one - but I need that display to stay where it is until I can get all those phony doctors telling me why I gotta get 'jellin', doncha know...
~~~
Funny this should come up - I was *just* looking at Segway Tours around the beachfront where the Silverbacks reside; was going to sign up Mom and boost her life insurance policy, for Dad...he says he could use the money.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:01pm
Here 'tis:

"I don't have time for the flu."

You're retired, Bonnie.  Unless you expect to die in two weeks, you have plenty of time for the flu.  Love your helmet, by the way, you dork.

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:30pm
It's not a new commercial, it's just them retrotting the old annoying one out. The time away from TV did not make the heart grow fonder.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:40pm
Makes me want to stick out my foot and trip the sonovaCensored into the next display case.Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

OuchYou're mean, Maddy.
My beloved Mother is almost 90 and wants to roll around CVS (and a lot of other places) on a Segway really badly.
Even though I've yet to see a Segway WITH spokes, I think you'd find a way to still shove a 2x4 through the wheels and make some. To think...if you'd hurt Bonnie, you might hurt my Mother.Cry
And DO NOT toss Bonnie into the 'Dr. Scholls' display! MissyDWolf got her bad ol'self some of those 440's - and swears by them, but they emptied my wallet, so I don't have any yet and cannot back her on that one - but I need that display to stay where it is until I can get all those phony doctors telling me why I gotta get 'jellin', doncha know...
~~~
Funny this should come up - I was *just* looking at Segway Tours around the beachfront where the Silverbacks reside; was going to sign up Mom and boost her life insurance policy, for Dad...he says he could use the money.

Pa, I bet your mother is a sweet and courteous Segway driver. Bonnie on the other hand is like a borrowed car full of asshats out joyriding. Stick in spoke for Bonnie. Parade Route for Mom!
OK, let's have her go careening into the DIET Whitman Samplers. They're useless anyway!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:56pm
"Busy Bonnie" has no time for the flu? Like, what else are you gonna do? Watch Jeopardy on TV?
Play with "Mr" Bonnie? That may explain the hand wipes and don't forget to ask Ed for that bottle of Extense.    
ChrisInMI View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisInMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:05pm
Not to mention, not ONE CVS pharmacy I've ever seen has looked like that garish yellow building.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by ChrisInMI ChrisInMI wrote:

Not to mention, not ONE CVS pharmacy I've ever seen has looked like that garish yellow building.

They just built a new one near me.  I should actually look at it one of these days.  From the corner that I see, it looks like your typical cement box store.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:26pm

Pa, I bet your mother is a sweet and courteous Segway driver. Bonnie on the other hand is like a borrowed car full of asshats out joyriding. Stick in spoke for Bonnie. Parade Route for Mom!
OK, let's have her go careening into the DIET Whitman Samplers. They're useless anyway!

I almost choked on my water laughing at this LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 10:42pm
^  hmmm...and I thought the Diet Whitmans Samplers was the funnier part.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I almost choked on my water laughing at this LOL
Confused...my Mom is also a renegade, ala 'Steve McQueen/Jimmy Dean'.
She will not wear a helmut; she says she never needed them when she was a kid riding a bike, she sure doesn't one now. At almost 90, she is totally 'politically incorrect'  - she says, "Helmuts are for Homos!"..
And she hates all Whitman candies, too.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
bnabreaker View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnabreaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 4:06am
Does it make me a bad person that I wish serious physical harm upon anyone I see driving a segway?  
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:10am

No, you want to do an American Grafitti by attaching a chain to the segway's axle and let her do all the work....  LOL
Pervis View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pervis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:57am
It's HER CVS!!!!  Screw you if you planned on casually shopping without some annoying old bat obnoxiously riding her Segway around like she owns the place.  It's HER CVS and you are lucky that Bonnie even allows you to shop there.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 6:18am
At her age, shouldn't she be wearing a few of those helmets on her hips?

catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2012 at 1:08pm
There is ONE consolation that nobody mentioned...I wonder just how many takes they had to do to get that commercial?  No doubt "Bonnie" tripped and fell/crashed into stuff during the making of the commercial.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 7:52pm
I have a question. I see Segways frequently in TV shows and commercials. I have never seen one in the real world. I don't live in the middle of the Mojave Desert. I do live very near a Metro area of over 200,000 and have visited many larger cities since the Segway was introduced. Has anyone actually seen a Segway?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 8:32pm
Cincinnati offers Segway tours around parts of the city.  There have been several Groupons for it.  I would imagine most larger cities have them.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Cincinnati offers Segway tours around parts of the city.  There have been several Groupons for it.  I would imagine most larger cities have them.

What's that?Confused
I've never seen one, even the college kids at VCU walk or ride bikes.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Cincinnati offers Segway tours around parts of the city.  There have been several Groupons for it.  I would imagine most larger cities have them.
Exactly the same thing in Virginia Beach - Groupons tours where rental segways are provided as part of the package. 
I bet it would be GREAT to romp around the historic parts of Cincy, on a segway.
I've always wondered how a segway performs going up and down hills.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 10:06pm
Didn't the inventor of the Segway die in a Segway accident? He rolled off a cliff or something. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic