Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xfinity smashing Pixies/Fairies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xfinity smashing Pixies/Fairies
    Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 1:19am
Tried CIH and YouTube with no success. Commercial is staged at a backyard BB-Q. Overbearing man (I think he must be some kind of sports figure)  takes over and using a white board explains why direct TV is screwing them. The ending includes the appearance of the Direct TV Pixies/Fairies which the overbearing man smashes with a very violent back hand against the white board and says something like "No pixie dust here...). I was asked by my 3 y/o Grandson. " Papa, why did that man hurt the Pixies? I could only think of "The man must be really mean". GS reply " We need to call the ambulance, they were hurt bad"!!! Shame, shame, shame on you Xfinity. Please fire youre AdTards NOW!!!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 4:46am
It's well known that Direct TV Pixies/Fairies don't bathe and stink of cheap rotgut, so you can't blame the guy....  LOL
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:10pm
Because those are bad fairies. Not the good kind like Tinkerbell. She's just a good natured scamp who loves a little mischief. No those are bad fairies, the kind who like Mr. Tim pointed out don't bathe and smell like cheap rotgut. The kind who would show up at your barbecue to hit on your sister and poop in the charcoal. Tinkerbell would never do that.

Seriously though the commercial is a take that at Directv and their obnoxious Deion Sanders and Eli Manning football fairies. Basically just another page out of the age old Cable versus Satellite pissing contest.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:18am
Hey dipsh*ts! I am talking about having to explain to a 3 y/o why faireys who he thinks are real being killed on TV. I could give a sh*t less what you assholes think of the direct TV faireys. He does,nt know the difference!!! f**k YOU!!!!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:49am
LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 2:50pm
Sorry. Sometimes I lose it when innocent children are involved. I promise to calm down and play nice.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:18pm
Don't be an asshole about such stupid things

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 9:21pm
My three year old sometimes see stupid/scary/off putting things on seemingly innocent things, (such as commercials) and she will ask curious or confused, "Dad, what happened?" Or "why did he do that?" and I tell her what happened to the best of my ability. I doubt she is traumatized or ruined forever and if she was I would worry and take her to a professional later. But I doubt she is. Sometimes we overreact to children's own reactions and by the time we stopped clutching our pearls and address the situation the kid has moved on and doesn't care anymore.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

My three year old sometimes see stupid/scary/off putting things on seemingly innocent things, (such as commercials) and she will ask curious or confused, "Dad, what happened?" Or "why did he do that?" and I tell her what happened to the best of my ability. I doubt she is traumatized or ruined forever and if she was I would worry and take her to a professional later. But I doubt she is. Sometimes we overreact to children's own reactions and by the time we stopped clutching our pearls and address the situation the kid has moved on and doesn't care anymore.
At 3 y/o most children are still seeing everything literally. IE: When I was teaching my then 2 y/o Grandson how to cross the street I told him "look left, look right, do you see any cars"? "Yes". Let me re-phrase that. "Do you see any moving cars"? "No". They are trying to learn what is acceptable/unacceptable behavior. They base this knowlege on what grownups do. If they see grownups acting the opposite of what they have been told is acceptable behavior such as not lying/being deceitful (KFC bites commercial). Not to be violent to smaller/weaker humans, animals, and/or cartoon characters (Xfinity smashing pixies commercial) they are receiving mixed messages. What upset me the most about my 3 y/o Grandsons comprehension of the Xfinity commercial was after it ended. He stated: "Papa I think the faireys need a (sic) ambulance". We really do need to "teach our children well".
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:07pm
Found it!

Ermm

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 11:11pm
Thanks ADn.
stylesclash2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylesclash2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 10:25pm
Wow, you are truly an idiot. I had to make an account on here just to comment.
That and I quote "Overbearing man (I think he must be some kind of sports figure) "  is Chicago Bears Linebacker Brian Urlacher. I wish he would "smash" with his back hand to knock some sense into you, ya doofus.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by stylesclash2013 stylesclash2013 wrote:

Wow, you are truly an idiot. I had to make an account on here just to comment.
That and I quote "Overbearing man (I think he must be some kind of sports figure) "  is Chicago Bears Linebacker Brian Urlacher. I wish he would "smash" with his back hand to knock some sense into you, ya doofus.
Personally I realise that there is life beyond sports. Thank you for correcting me.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

He does,nt know the difference!!! f**k YOU!!!!

It's your job as a parent to teach him the difference...or if you can't handle that, you know, HUGE PART OF BEING A PARENT, maybe don't let your kids watch f**king TV till you're up to the task.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 12:12am
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

He does,nt know the difference!!! f**k YOU!!!!

It's your job as a parent to teach him the difference...or if you can't handle that, you know, HUGE PART OF BEING A PARENT, maybe don't let your kids watch f**king TV till you're up to the task.
I have two children aged 41 and 45 y/o. I have three Grandchildren aged 12, 10, and 3 y/o. Prior to this I had many Nieces and Nephews which I "babysat". I think I have enough experience with children to know what I am doing. I am certain you and I have one thing in common as to raising children. At some time we were both children. The average 3 y/o believes in Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy, and Tinker Bell (a Fairey). Should we really destroy their innocence at that age? Please state your qualifications. I also ensure that the rifles, shotguns, handguns, and ammunition are locked up when my Grandchildren visit.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 2:09pm

I have two children aged 41 and 45 y/o. I have three Grandchildren aged 12, 10, and 3 y/o. Prior to this I had many Nieces and Nephews which I "babysat". I think I have enough experience with children to know what I am doing.

Sure doesn't sound like it, if with that much "experience" you're still not competent enough to teach the kid the difference between TV and reality.

Hey if you can't, that's fine, but in that case, as I said, don't f**king let your kids watch TV till you CAN handle it.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 3:14am
Funny. I looked this commercial up out here to find out if anyone had any explanation as to why those cartoon football players are in the commercial in the first place, and why Urlacher makes the remark, after he bats them against the blackboard, about "no pixie dust." Thanks to this thread, I find out that those football players are some sort of Direct TV fairies? Ok - now it makes sense to me. 

Except - why does Direct TV have fairies????????????????????????????
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by jon1 jon1 wrote:

Except - why does Direct TV have fairies????????????????????????????

They've had a string of commercials pimping out their NFL package that lets you watch every NFL game every Sunday, and the gimmick is Deion Sanders dressed as a fairy using fairy dust to put the NFL package on the customer's TV screen.  Here's one of them (one of several):

The fairy dust thrown into the TV bit is the constant in the commercials.

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 5:10pm
Ok...so now we have commercials that refer to other commercials. (Actually, I know that's nothing new - the best ones were the old Geico ads that used to poke fun at other popular ads.) Problem of course is if you haven't seen the ads being satirized (case in point, I have never seen the Deion Sanders ads). 

Ok - at least I get it now, lol. ;-)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 10:49pm
Last I heard was Tony Romo may be teaming with Deion so Urlacher can smack him around some more. 
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Last I heard was Tony Romo may be teaming with Deion so Urlacher can smack him around some more. 

LOL

At least Romo can say he could still count the number of interceptions he threw on one hand.

zerocool View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerocool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:21pm
Quick facts about me:
- I see nothing wrong with the commercial.

- I never believed in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, easter bunny, etc.

- I don't know who the hell Brian Urlacher is (don't watch sports) but if he's swatting men in fairy suits, he's awesome in my eyes because I hated that DirecTV commercial with a passion.

- I don't own any guns.

- I didn't ask wussy questions like "are the fairy men okay?" even when I was 3.

I guess I'm abnormal. Cool
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 10:34pm
Frankly the idea of football players in fairy suits is just begging to be parodied. What was DirecTV thinking??? 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 12:39am
The football revenue bubble will burst soon enough. Too big to fail? I don't think so!
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 1:26am
Hahahahaahahahahahahhaahahhaahhaa

you're obviously unaware of the attitudes some places have about football.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic