Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vicks ZzzQuil (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vicks ZzzQuil (video)
    Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 4:13pm
This commercial is a lot brighter on T.V. - and that is not good.
At about 5 seconds in, you will see possibly the most unattractive picture of a sleeping woman, ever. They may have done themselves justice by using a guy - we're used to looking bad in our sleep.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 7:22pm
LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 7:30pm
I'm gonna hafta try some of that stuff.

But being that it's a name brand like Vicks, I'm sure it's a tad on the pricey side, though.

Hope it isn't long before places like Y'allmart etc., start selling the cheaper generic store brand version of it.

On the other hand, I could always just slam down a shot or two of JD prior to hitting the hay.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 8:28pm
At about 5 seconds in, you will see possibly the most unattractive picture of a sleeping woman, ever.
Shocked
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 8:35pm
Gee.... I wonder why they didn't just go for broke & show the strand of drool stretching from the corner of her mouth down to the giant, stinky wet spot on her pillow? Sick

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:04pm
My god, Pa. You'd probably think I'm hideous, then. I thought she looked good for just waking up! LOL

Basically, I think ZzzQuil is a horrible idea in any regard. Yeah, it gets the 100 people who were using Nyquil as a sleep aid off the funny green medicine. It also legitimizes using drugs to get to sleep for any reason. And guess what else? It's an antihistamine. It's like loading yourself on Benadryl, same concept, sans all the other great stuff. I just can't believe this made it to OTC - I can understand its uses as an Rx drug, but OTC... no. Just no.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:22pm
I bet it's probably just a sugary syrup with alcohol in it.

And maybe a little tryptophan or something added in.

C'mon, man!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:26pm
It's dyphenhydramine HCl.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally. That's important to note."
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:33pm
You are obviously up on your non-prescription sleep aids!!!! ShockedWink

Or should I say "up on your downers"? LOL

C'mon, man!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:38pm
LOL :D

I know a lot about drugs.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:40pm
Some of us benefit from the likes of that, although we tend to lean heavily on herbal meds, natural foods, and vitamins. All the same, I tend to need little sleep, while MissyDWolf sleeps in 'bunches', then can be awake for days.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:42pm
This stuff is crazy good , if you need help sleeping. Since I'm not working my ass off ,like for the past 30 years, Sometimes we have a little trouble with sleepy time. Still have to get up early though.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:49pm
Another good way to knock yourself out for a few hours is to scarf down a big hunk of meat & cheese then wash it down with a glass of milk.

'Bout the time your stomach starts diverting all of your body's energy resources to digesting that stuff, it'll knock ya right out. 

Plus, it's a good excuse to eat!!! Tongue

C'mon, man!
eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:50pm
Just eat turkey! Tryptophan. You can take that sh*t to the bank.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 9:53pm
Preferrably a big honkin' turkey sandwich made from PROCESSED cold cut turkey meat.

For some reason, that stuff seems to pack a better punch than naturally cooked turkey carved right off the bird.

Or a couple of turkey hot dogs, even.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:34pm
I have no trouble falling asleep at night.  I just can't sleep more than 4 or 5, no matter how tired I am.  I've tried taking Tylenol PM and Benadryl, and they make me really drowsy, but still---I'm up at 4:30 or 5.

Maybe I should set my alarm for 4am and then take the Tylenol PM.

I haven't slept past 6am in about 20 years.  Not once.  Once the sun starts coming up, it's all over, even if the blinds are totally drawn and I have the covers over my head.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:49pm
Do what I do.... stay up till about 3 or 4 am.

You might not sleep more hours, but you'll definitely sleep later.

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

So do I. Not first hand. I took a Law Enforcemet class in college. It included identifying drugs and the telltale effects on humans.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I have no trouble falling asleep at night.  I just can't sleep more than 4 or 5, no matter how tired I am.  I've tried taking Tylenol PM and Benadryl, and they make me really drowsy, but still---I'm up at 4:30 or 5.

Maybe I should set my alarm for 4am and then take the Tylenol PM.

I haven't slept past 6am in about 20 years.  Not once.  Once the sun starts coming up, it's all over, even if the blinds are totally drawn and I have the covers over my head.

I sympathise with you Thor, I normally wake-up 2 or 3 times during the night. I rarely have to get-up to pee. I wake-up at 5:30 AM. This is what my alarm was set for 30 years. I think this is the problem as it does not seem to matter if it is summer or winter.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 11:17pm
We're usually are up before dawn - we (especially me) love to be outside at dawn, so, a few hours does me good. If I need 'help getting to sleep', my body is used to valarian, so that works for me - I can take a small amount and will be toitally blank in about an hour, fresh as new-fallen snow in 4.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 12:06am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I sympathise with you Thor, I normally wake-up 2 or 3 times during the night. I rarely have to get-up to pee. I wake-up at 5:30 AM. This is what my alarm was set for 30 years. I think this is the problem as it does not seem to matter if it is summer or winter.

I used to set my alarm for 6am, but it was such a godawful sound that, somehow, I began waking up automatically just minutes before it was supposed to go off.  It was as if my subconscious found a way to avoid that jarring noise.  It was the 80s when I got that alarm clock and, since then, I've never needed an alarm clock.  I wish I did.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

We're usually are up before dawn - we (especially me) love to be outside at dawn, so, a few hours does me good. If I need 'help getting to sleep', my body is used to valarian, so that works for me - I can take a small amount and will be toitally blank in about an hour, fresh as new-fallen snow in 4.

Same here.  I'm out on my patio at 5am, smoking cigarettes and listening to Don Imus on the radio.

eribean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eribean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 12:16am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by eribean eribean wrote:

So do I. Not first hand. I took a Law Enforcemet class in college. It included identifying drugs and the telltale effects on humans.

Nice. I'm into pharmacology and am considering going for Ph.D in the field once funds fall into place.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 4:02am
Here's an even longer version... Dead

"SNOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRE" Yeah we get it, it helps you sleep. We don't need to see various unattractive people snoring to prove the point.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 12:00am
What's so appealing about showing someone whos fallen asleep WTF?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic