Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nestle Ultimate Dark Chocolate Delight Cookies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nestle Ultimate Dark Chocolate Delight Cookies
    Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 3:05pm
Heart"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"

~~~

These things are sinful; best eaten slowly, they are so rich that one is enough. They leave that 'tiny bite' in the back of one's mouth, for a while afterwards.

MissyDWolf felt loving, last night. She went out and got a package of the cookie dough (usually found near butter, at the grocer's). We fixed a few for our coffee - made for a 'sunny morning breakfast'. Next time we fix them, I'll chase one with some 'Almond Silk'.Pig

Jumbo Dark Chocolate Cookies

Now, time to go 'work it off'

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 3:30pm
Those look good, but if I was going to make a chocolate chip cookie a staple of my diet, it'd probably be one of the basics---like Chips Ahoy.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 3:39pm

One main difference - 'cook your own' ready-made dough is great for those that like to control how hard or soft they like their cookies - that is what took me away from 'standard brands. Nothing better than a nice hot, soft cookie to go with a cup of ice cream.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 3:41pm
'Cept whenever I've tried that, the cookies either turn out soft, or hard as a rock.  There seems to be no middle ground.

If I was to make those, though, I might try mixing in some mint or orange extract.  Orange-chocolate chip cookies would be great.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:19pm
Get a package of that instant brownie mix they sell for a dollar everywehere, including The Dollar Tree.

Just mix in a little water, oil and an egg (or some Egg Beaters), bake for a few minutes & you've got chocolate cookies, muffins, a loaf cake or just little unshapen blobs.

Toss in some toll house morsels or your orange extract, whatever.

Cheap & good.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:53pm
Ain't quite the same there, ol'Mule - this stuff can be found at Y'all-Mart (and, yea -I actually DID get dragged in there, kicking and screaming) for $2.75, and is easily worth the extra few pennies.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 2:24am
I'm sure those cookies are as good as you say they are Pa, but my "warm-chewy-chocolate-cakey-type-stuff" cravings can be satisfied by anything similar.

The fact that it's only a buck just makes it that much better!!!! Wink

And you can add anything you want to the brownie mix. Chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, nuts, cherries... you name it.

Might try the cookie dough if I ever see it on sale.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 2:46am

WinkHey, ol'Mule - YOU are the one who sent me on the 'search & seizure' for those Wal-Mart Triple-Choco filled muffins (3 for $2), which are also coma-inducing (I just bought another box of them, but the time will need to be right, doncha know...).

Trust me on THESE - spend the stinkin' $3 - you'll thank me, if you livePigBig smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 3:14am
Next time I go to a Walmart Super Center I'll give 'em a look-see.

I don't get to one of those too often because the nearest one is like 10 miles from my house.

We're getting a new "Walmart Neighborhood Market" (just the grocery store half of a Super Walmart) very near my neighborhood, hopefully by early next year.

Then I'll be able to go there all the time & take advantage of their cheap prices & food brands the other grocery stoires don't carry.

There goes my diet & my health, though.... Ermm

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There goes my diet & my health, though.... Ermm

Hmmmm...then you may want to avoid their bakery department.  I've bought a few things there and they're really good.  My favorite was their "Italian Cream Cake".  I bought one for a party at my house a few years ago.  A coupla San Francisco foodie types were there and loved the cake.  When one of 'em asked where I got it, and I told 'em "Walmart", a little part of their gourmet world turned upside down.

Another cake that looked really good was their lemon-coconut cake. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

...Another cake that looked really good was their lemon-coconut cake
Big smileYUM!
Please send one (immediately) to:

PaW D Wolf and Bitchy D Wolf (she'll change her name when the cake arrives)
Den
GreatWhiteNorth
UnitedCanadianWilderness of Americo.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 4:24pm
Pa, after I saw that cake, I made one of my own.  Lemon cake mix, but instead of adding water, I added half water and half concentrated lemon juice.  For the frosting, I used lemon, and added coconut extract and shredded coconut to it.

Lemon box cakes are never lemon-y enough for me.  That's why I substituted lemon juice for some of the water.  It actually made the cake itself tart.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 5:48pm
Big smile...well, o.k. THEN!
Cool.
The MailCritter usually gets here about 1 in the P.M.
Is the ThorCake on the way,yet?!Tongue
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 6:02pm
Thankfully, I am immune to these due to the dark chocolate. Now if they made them in milk chocolate flavor...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Thankfully, I am immune to these due to the dark chocolate. Now if they made them in milk chocolate flavor...
They DO - and they are GREAT, also.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

The dark chocolate is healthier for you.

I've come to prefer it over milk chocolate most of the time.

Still occasionally like milk chocolate too, though.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Pa, after I saw that cake, I made one of my own.  Lemon cake mix, but instead of adding water, I added half water and half concentrated lemon juice.  For the frosting, I used lemon, and added coconut extract and shredded coconut to it.

Lemon box cakes are never lemon-y enough for me.  That's why I substituted lemon juice for some of the water.  It actually made the cake itself tart.

Don't you just look so cute in your little pink head scarf????

Do you have a matching frilly pink apron? LOL

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:55am
I wear the frilly pink apron and nothing else.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:03am
Sick

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:14am
I only wear the apron when I fry bacon...otherwise.....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I only wear the apron when I fry bacon...otherwise.....

I wear the apron when I bake because I don't like splattering cake batter in my breast hair.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:30am
breast hair?  That doesn't even sound good.  Makes me think of Rosie O'Donnell.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:41am
Most men would say "chest hair".

Of course, most "men" don't spend a lot of time fussing over lemon cakes with coconut frosting.... LOL

Except to devour them in as few bites as possible.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

breast hair?  That doesn't even sound good.  Makes me think of Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm not that hairy.  

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Most men would say "chest hair".

Of course, most "men" don't spend a lot of time fussing over lemon cakes with coconut frosting.... LOL

Except to devour them in as few bites as possible.

That's the goal.

Oh, and I said breast hair because I thought it sounded funnier than chest hair---y'know, what with me wearing an apron and stuff.  Sleepy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic