Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Product Packaging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Product Packaging
    Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 4:37am
A couple of days ago I purchased a small (snack pack) package of Frito Lay mixed nuts. I was unable to open the package with fingers or teeth! WTF! I saved it until I returned home and cut it open with scissors. I gave up on many chip bags that tend to explode when opened distributing half of the product on the floor or ground. I realise this can increase sales of the product by 50%. I don't consume a huge quantity of chips so I have mostly switched to pringles except for tortilla chips. The worst packaging is the "blown" clear plastic, sealed around all edges. These are impossible to open without a sharp tool. Ironically I have seen knives in this form of packaging. You would need a knife to get to your knife! 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 2:58pm
I've found that bags have become harder to open over the past few years, but I thought it was just me getting old.  LOL
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 6:26pm
Man, you're singing to the choir on this subject with me.  I've bitched about OTC medicine/allergy/sinus tabs before.  I have found that the name brand stuff isn't as bad as store brand but none of it is great.  I need a allergy/sinus headache tab occasionally when I'm driving and used to be able to get them open with teeth, if need be.  Nowdays I can't even do that! 

And many food items are now having harder to open packages.  I call it Murphy's law but I feel like if I didn't really want to open the darn things that if I barely touched the packaged it would split wide open!  Wacko
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 6:34pm
You need one of these to open your packages.

...but how can I open it without Open It?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 7:30pm
UnhappyDuring the BratWolf's (youngest son) last trip up here, we took our annual road trip south to see relatives. On the way, we stopped in Bradford, Pennsylvania, to visit the Zippo Lighter/Case Knife Museum (really a neat place). On the way out, the BratWolf picked up a Zippo and a neat, folding camo Case knife - it was sealed exactly as SgtR stated, We tried to open the package before leaving, only to have to go back to the gift shop to borrow a Case knife to get to his knife.
What a pain, but at least it was 'childproof'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 7:43pm
I remember the first time I encountered such packaging.  I was getting annoyed with myself for not being able to find the spot with the "easy-open" tab.  Then, when I realized the problem wasn't me---it was the packaging---I thought the manufacturer must've made some sort of mistake.  LOL
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 8:29pm
Those "Clamshell" Packages are among the WORST Angry, and I have read articles about people attempting to open them with a sharp instrument when they slip and the Instrument (and/or the package itself, cuts the person so deep that it severs an artery, and that person bleeds to death! Shocked Whenever I purchase a Product and it happens to be in such a package, I'll take it to Customer Service and have them open it for me, saving me A LOT of aggravation.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 11:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic