Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Education Connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Education Connection
    Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 4:14am
"I may be in my pajamas right now, but I'm NOT going to bed." WHO CARES?!?!?!

This commercial is SO annoying I had to vent. I don't get the whole pajama thing except for the obvious, convenient and token innuendo. What, that she doesn't have to get dressed to get a college degree? Doesn't have to leave her room? I just don't get it.

It took me seeing it several times before I could make out what she was even saying about "the least amount of time," because she swallows her words at that part. She says, "online schools, online degrees," but nothing about any REAL colleges or accredited universities. Sounds good.

Where the hell do all these commercials come off offering something for free? Just go online now and get some information packet worth $100? (while we install spyware, snoop your hard drive, steal your identity) ... Who on earth says an info packet about online schools is worth $100 anyway!?

Far as I'm concerned, a "college degree" earned without any traditional classroom instruction or hands-on experience is simply worthless. WORTHLESS!!

I can just see it now, some lazy high schooler gets a "college degree" from one of these joker online schools in like ten weeks, and goes for her first real job interview:

"And miss, who was your favorite professor at ... (fumbling for resume) Buttmunch Online School For The Perpetually Lazy And Incompetent?"

"Ummmmm. We didn't really have professors? (channeling Elle Woods, Legally Blonde)

I mean, this commercial is BEYOND the mute button. When it comes on I just change the damn channel. F*ck whatever I was watching!

Dead Cry Confused
Cry
Sponsored Links

kk218 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kk218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 3:30am
Every time this commercial comes on I think it's going to be a phone sex line ad because of the first thing she says.
thespianmom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thespianmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 4:09pm
I know, this one drives me nuts too.  First of all, I can't stand that bimbo and the way she talks.  Secondly I hate all these services that offer you WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOURSELF JUST AS EASILY!  (ahem, freecreditreport.com)  God, if you want information on colleges, GO ONLINE AND GET IT!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic