Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nokia's Cat in a Fan - Hilarious

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nokia's Cat in a Fan - Hilarious
    Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 9:48pm
probably won't sit well with all of the crazy old cat ladies, but this is too funny...

Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 10:09pm
Well, I'm not a cat person, but if I were, I'd hate this commercial.  I still don't like it. I don't like animal abuse.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 10:16pm
It's probably CGI anyway.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Han6001 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Han6001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 1:49am
Makes you wonder what kinda of douchenozzle records that on his cell phone while his friends try and make sure the cat is okay...
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 6:24am
Sorry; at the risk of being identified as one of the "crazy old cat ladies," I think it's awful.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 7:40am
I thought this was one of those "fake" or "banned" commercials...meaning I don't believe it ever aired. I got to agree that this is cruelty, albeit fake, and I don't enjoy it.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 4:04pm
Yeah this is in no way funny. Who would record this on their phone and watch it later?
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

Yeah this is in no way funny. Who would record this on their phone and watch it later?

Someone who has done it before.  He's calling the cat, so obviously he (or someone) knows what's going to happen.  Jeez.  I can only pray it's CGI, but the way the cat hit wall and the other people rush over to him, I don't think so.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 4:03am

Fake or not, it sure shows abuse.  Some people are sickening.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 2:32pm
There were *multiple* huumanoid critters in that video.

The cat went first.

Now its THEIR TURN (idiots) - let's let them swing and slam face-first into the wall.

'cept they're bigger; we'll need to up the ante - let's have some razor blades sticking out of the wall and floor, before we start with them. And if some of our members think that was funny, well, they can try, too.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:00pm
I'm a crazy cat lady though. I have five cats.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:07pm
Good plan.  They can help to protect you from the bugs.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:12pm
Ha, yeah, you'd think that huh? The problem is we didn't adopt any cats with
a. a work ethic
b. a sense of adventure
c. a desire to help their owners
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 6:58pm
it's definately CGI, looks way way way too smooth animation (even with the blur) to be real especially on a digital device like that, wheres the hiccups and the skipping in animation, wheres the blurriness, wheres the unstable camera movement?

compare

(for those people who are expecting in the following videos a cat caught on a ceiling fan string flying around will be highly disappointed, sorry I hate that kind of sh*t.)

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 7:09pm
Nooo thank you.  I'm not going to watch that, knowing it's definitely real.  
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 7:34pm
Is this the same stupid commercial where the guy says "turn it off turn it off!!!" but is also heard laughing?????

sickening even if it is fake.

how about we take each of those sh*tards and have each of them hang by their necks by separate strings and watch them fling around and hit multiple walls, while the cat watches them memorized? geez and I actually think that was funny!

they'll need a bigger room though.

Faith, how do you know the video on the ad is  real? have you seen it before somewhere else besides that commercial like on Americas Funniest Home Videos or something? How do you know this information? I'm just wondering.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 8:03pm
Sorry, Ad.  I don't know.

I thought you were comparing a cgi video to a real one.  I wasn't willing to watch a real one.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

(I did not see what you wrote in red until I just went back and re-read.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic