Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The new Welch's girl (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The new Welch's girl (video)
    Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 7:47pm
This is the newer Welch's commercial.

I feel like my mom when I see these commercials. But seriously, what a pretty little girl. She completely surpasses cute. I can only imagine what she's going to look like when she's my age.

I remember seeing the first Welch's ads on TV when I was the same age as the girl on them, too. Wow. I love little kids in a totally normal way.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 8:38pm
Welches girl commercials are usually on the annoying side, but I will say that I like this girl more then the old one. The old one went on to become Lilly on Step By Step, then dropped out of the spotlight.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 9:22pm
She's cute but they have her speaking with such unnatural authority for a child so young, it comes off a bit freakish.

Impressive that she was able to get all those lines out.  I bet it took a week Smile
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2008 at 6:39pm
Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

that's one heck of a cute kid, freaking adorable!

her smile is dang contagious. Big%20smileLOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
debwood1999-1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debwood1999-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 8:57pm
One word....AWWWW!Hug
sickntired View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sickntired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 2:01pm
I think she's the same kid from the Ensure commercial.. "I don't like chicken..."
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 12:11am
  The child in this commercial is so exquisite and flirtatious that it's frightening. Every time I see this commercial it makes me wonder what pedophiles are thinking. She reminds me of Olivia Hussey as a child; I'd be scared to put her out there.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 1:57am

I guess she's cute.  I'd have to see her in makeup and high heels, though.

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 4:35am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I guess she's cute.  I'd have to see her in makeup and high heels, though.

She doesn't need any enhancements. Wait 'til you hear her say mmmm!Wink
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 1:29pm
gail, you're feeding the beast.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 3:52pm
Why are you saying, "The New" Welch's girl?  She has been doing these spots for a couple of years now.  She's (obviously) just a tad older.

I know I saw her early last year and possibly the year before too.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

gail, you're feeding the beast.

Good one!! Actually, you've heard of seductive children. I'm sure. This kid is over the top gorgeous. Everyone in my household has said that she's a miniature adult, only sexier. She can't help it; she's a natural. Parents who have half a brain would forfeit the greed and keep that kid within bounds.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 8:59pm
I watched the clip again, and figured out why I don't react to it as much as others might.

She looks a lot like a friend of ours.  The girl is 8 and very pretty, and more naturally seductive than the girl in this commercial.

If they had the time and the right connections, this kid would be in commercials.  I thank God they do not have the time, nor do they have the right connections.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 9:03pm

Sorry girls, but I don't get the seductive part.

She is very cute though.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 9:53pm
 Musicman.
     I might be talking about the first commercial. The little girl would look into the camera. take asip of the juice and close her eyes and say mmmm and then would wink. It was pretty effective.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

Musicman.
     I might be talking about the first commercial. The little girl would look into the camera. take asip of the juice and close her eyes and say mmmm and then would wink. It was pretty effective.

Are you saying, she turned you on?  Dead Embarrassed LOL

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:35pm
  Musicman,                                                                                                                                Gee, that was soooo funny!! I have two beautiful grown daughters and I remember taking them to the mall at the little girl's age and seeing the sickos check them out. It was frightening.
    Are you asking because the little girl in the commercial is your daughter? 
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:39pm
I thought the previous one with the "matter of fact" voice had curly hair like the one in the SUV commercial 'I wanna Big Girl car', they remind me of the same girl with the "matter of fact" voice Wink
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

This is the newer Welch's commercial.

I feel like my mom when I see these commercials. But seriously, what a pretty little girl. She completely surpasses cute. I can only imagine what she's going to look like when she's my age.

I remember seeing the first Welch's ads on TV when I was the same age as the girl on them, too. Wow. I love little kids in a totally normal way.

This is the girl I'm talking about. Apparently Kat sees her the same way.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 11:06pm
  Actually, this must be the second one. The first one had close ups and was shorter with less talking and they showed the girl in profile too. Did anybody see "Romeo and Juliet" with Olivia Hussey and Leonard Whiting? They were exquisite and 15 and 16 years old respectively. There were a few nude scenes that were very tasteful. That was then; today a beautiful child like this would be in trouble.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 11:07pm

Musicman,                                                                                                                                Gee, that was soooo funny!! I have two beautiful grown daughters and I remember taking them to the mall at the little girl's age and seeing the sickos check them out. It was frightening.
    Are you asking because the little girl in the commercial is your daughter? 

No she isn't my daughter.  Although she does look enough like me that you could think that.

Of course by the LOL you should have realized I was teasing you.  One of you girls had said that this little girl was being seductive.  I said I didn't see that.  Then you said that the little girl said mmmmmmm and winked and that was very effective.  Effective in doing what?

Ok I'll drop it before this goes the wrong direction.

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 11:09pm
 Her name is Shyann McClure . Check her out on YouTube and then tell me that you think I'm crazy!
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 11:20pm
Shyann being less seductiveLOL

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 11:28pm
    Maybe you don't think so. It's not on purpose, she's a natural and believe it or not, because you may be living in a different era, kids like her get exploited.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 11:56pm

Maybe you don't think so. It's not on purpose, she's a natural and believe it or not, because you may be living in a different era, kids like her get exploited.

I agree with you gail that we live in a much less innocent time now.  We are all too aware of every little inuendo that could possibly be.

When I was a teen, like 12 or 13, I used to babysit two little girls ages 7 & 9 that lived down the street from me.  Their parents put them to bed and I just sat in front of the TV and ate snacks that they provided until they got back. 
We thought nothing of it. 
We weren't aware of all the evil stuff that gets put on the news these days.

Today that same scenario would seem almost obscene.

It is very sad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic