Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Best thing you watched on TV last night (yesterday
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best thing you watched on TV last night (yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best thing you watched on TV last night (yesterday
    Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 11:43pm

TV was pretty crap for me last night until...   

Clap
The complete, no commercials airing of The Sting.  Hadn't seen it all the way through in a long time, not as good as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, but pretty darn good. Butch and Sundance had so many more snappy oneliners and comebacks, and of course, Robert Redford looked better in that movie than any man before or since, except maybe, Paul Newman in The Sting.  Embarrassed
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 11:51pm
Watched "Madmen"...dvr'd it from Sunday.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:29am
New Tricks on one of our two PBS stations.

It's a great British comedy/drama about 3 elderly, retired Scotland Yard detectives, Brian, Jack & Gerry, who were hired to come back to work as investigators for a "cold case" squad. Their "Guvna" or "mum" as they call her, is a woman who is much younger than they are, named Sandra. 

The title refers to the idea that they are "old dogs" learning "New Tricks".

One of the best TV shows I've ever watched.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:24pm
The Concert for the Queen on 20/20.

Tom Jones was a surprising delight.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 1:46pm
The Wisconsin recall election returns.  Clap

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 2:12pm
Hopefully they'll televise Walker's impending criminal indictment & you can have an enjoyable evening, curled up in front of the TV watching that too!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 3:13pm
There was nothing good on TV until 10 last night (the return of storage wars) so I downloaded a bunch of anime movies. Watched Perfect Blue. Really good psychological thriller. Similar to Black Swan.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Hopefully they'll televise Walker's impending criminal indictment & you can have an enjoyable evening, curled up in front of the TV watching that too!!!

Ed Schultz was holding onto that sad little thread of hope last night, too.  LOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:39pm
Flipped between the movie Ronin and Greatest Escapes on the Military Channel. Fell asleep on one, I don't remember....... poop.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

New Tricks on one of our two PBS stations.

It's a great British comedy/drama about 3 elderly, retired Scotland Yard detectives, Brian, Jack & Gerry, who were hired to come back to work as investigators for a "cold case" squad. Their "Guvna" or "mum" as they call her, is a woman who is much younger than they are, named Sandra. 
I'm dying to watch that show, but since I'm constantly downloading stuff faster than I can watch it, I've 'banned' myself from adding anything else to my collection.

Keeping in the vein of British shows, I started re-watching Psychoville yesterday. Brilliant and wonderfully done.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:16am
I remember watching a show that depicted a stuffed cat with helicopter blades that flies.

I swear I  saw it I'm not making this stuff up.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:29am
Helicatper?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:33am

Sometimes, when I fall asleep with the TV on, I incorporate whatever's on into my dreams.  Recently, I fell asleep during The Big Bang Theory, and dreamt that Kaley Cuoco (Penny) invited me down to her parents house near the Jersey Shore.  The whole cast was there, along with my old buddy Rich, and we were trying to get each other to leave.  I was pretending I couldn't find my sox.  FYI, her parents weren't home, but her roommate was.  No one was interested in her roommate.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I remember watching a show that depicted a stuffed cat with helicopter blades that flies.

No - it's real. Some artist in Scotland(?) had his belovd (deceased) cat stuffed and made into a helicopter. Kinda creepy looking. I wouldn't want to remember my Gippy that way. (Let me see if I can find the story!)>

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:04pm

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

No - it's real. Some artist in Scotland(?) had his belovd (deceased) cat stuffed and made into a helicopter. Kinda creepy looking. I wouldn't want to remember my Gippy that way. (Let me see if I can find the story!)>

I woke up to something like that on TV last night.  I don't even know what show it was on.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 2:33pm
I watched some movie from 1975 on TCM last night.  It was called Hester Street.  It was about some Jewish guy who comes to the US from Russia in the late 1800s, becomes Americanized, and then sends for his wife, who has a harder time with the NYC Jewish culture.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 3:28pm
Nothing really was on that I could find that I hadn't seen before, so I watched an always sure thing - Goodfellas.  It aired on Encore at 7 (Central).

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Nothing really was on that I could find that I hadn't seen before, so I watched an always sure thing - Goodfellas.  It aired on Encore at 7 (Central).

I could almost quote the entire movie! LOL

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:32pm
I read about the cat copter on several sites but Jon Stewart did a skit--at first I was kind of "ick" about it but then he showed pictures of all his other animals he had stuffed and turned into modes of transportation.  You can really tell that Stewart and colbert like animals; so does Letterman.

Other than that, TV was crap last night, second night in a row.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 8:24pm
In homage to the late Ray Bradbury I watched the Movie Fahrenheit 451 along with a documentary about the making of this movie.
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 11:27pm
Watched Clint Eastwood & Robert Duvall in "Joe Kidd" last night.

Good Clint flick. Thumbs Up

First time I'd ever seen it.

C'mon, man!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 11:54pm
Military Channel was doing a D-Day marathon tribute.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 7:07am
Nothing, I played video games instead. I mostly played Forza Motorsport 4 and WWE `12.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 7:48pm
I like almost anything that comes on BBC America and last night they started a new show called "Inside Men", and I wasn't disappointed.  For those who are familar with "Luther," two of the main characters in "I.M." are two of the main characters in "Luther".  One guy is Luther's young partner and the other is his old partner who killed his wife.  Anyway, hoping "Inside Men" continues to be good!

Also, FXM had an interview with Rufus Sewell who plays the vampire-in-charge in the new Abe Lincoln...movie.  I love Rufus Sewell; I will probably root for him to win Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic