Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subway - Annoying kids' voices are back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subway - Annoying kids' voices are back
    Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 8:44pm
I thought they laid this crap to rest, but apparently not. 

Sponsored Links

WalpurgisQuill View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WalpurgisQuill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 11:01pm
That guy is very lucky he apparently has the respect of the man he stole that sandwich from. Many other people would either report him or hit him outright, because that's very rude and disrespectful. Who the hell is so hard-up for a cheap sandwich that they'd want to steal it from one of their employees and not even hide the fact that he's eating it in front of him. I have a feeling this fire chief is on some kind of power trip. Lets just hope that he doesn't get tossed into an inescapable area blazing with fire on their next mission by accident.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 11:55pm
Confused...Subway has me so dumbed down with this series that the only part really driving me nuts is the girl at the very end - I just want to kick her for fun.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 12:09am
I think she is hot PaW
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 6:24pm
Why is it always a white man getting his sub stolen? We've seen the black fire chief do it several times now, and women steal it in the other set of ads. Come on now, just make it 2 men of the same color so you don't have to pander.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 8:13pm
Not to gripe too much about the racial angle, but do white males in commercials ALWAYS have to be cowering losers, while the black guys (even older ones like in this commercial) have to be the dominant ones - all while a white female is there between them giving her approval to the black guy?

And the whiny voices fad Subway has had needs to stop. Always thought they'd be confined to the dweeb in the office and his "girlfriends" - apparently they've broken out of that box.
catnapped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Not to gripe too much about the racial angle, but do white males in commercials ALWAYS have to be cowering losers

I'm more surprised that any male is shown in a commercial to be anything other than a simpering idiot.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:21pm
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT CAN'T BE!!!!!

Subway sandwiches aren't worth stealing.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 10:41pm
I'm not getting this whole kid's voice thing.Confused
"Hey Chief, you just didn't take a bite from that sub that you stole, did ya? I just sneezed and I think a booger flew out.
But hey, go ahead.... I didn't want it anymore."
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...the only part really driving me nuts is the girl at the very end - I just want to kick her for fun.

she's the worst!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 11:24pm
Why can't the white guy grow some balls and say "give me back my sub!" and grab for it. C'mon man don't be such a baby!

EEEEEEERRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!Angry
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by catnapped catnapped wrote:

Not to gripe too much about the racial angle, but do white males in commercials ALWAYS have to be cowering losers

I'm more surprised that any male is shown in a commercial to be anything other than a simpering idiot.

I think you both probably read way into things.

Would it be better if they just put two white guys in a commercial together, where the other white guy would be the "smart one" and the other one a "cowering loser", or would you find something else to pick apart to be offended by?

You guys know what? I'm a female and I'm personally insulted by "get back in the kitchen" jokes, and that's overtly sexist, but I'm told to get over it because it's "just a joke" by men who tell these jokes, and you guys get offended by implicit racism and sexism, if intended at all.

Moreover, I'm offended by commercials and sitcoms depicting women as controlling bitches if they reveal a single iota of intelligence, if not portrayed as posturing pussy-holsters. Sorry to rain on your parade, but the media is still just as chauvinistic toward women as it's ever been.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:13pm
I don't "get" the whole idea of children's voices issuing from the mouths of... ADULTS for Christ sakes!!! DeadAngryDead

JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:19pm
I need to rush off to Subway to get snot on MY sandwich
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by PrincessOfTheAncient PrincessOfTheAncient wrote:

You guys know what? I'm a female and I'm personally insulted by "get back in the kitchen" jokes, and that's overtly sexist, but I'm told to get over it because it's "just a joke" by men who tell these jokes, and you guys get offended by implicit racism and sexism, if intended at all.

Moreover, I'm offended by commercials and sitcoms depicting women as controlling bitches if they reveal a single iota of intelligence, if not portrayed as posturing pussy-holsters. Sorry to rain on your parade, but the media is still just as chauvinistic toward women as it's ever been.

So, you're saying that men shouldn't complain...but it's OK for women to?  Does that mean that men should just take it on the chin, but women should let their disapproval be known?  Sounds kinda sexist to me.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 2:44pm
Princess, on this forum we always point out the fact that white males in ads are almost always depicted as the loser, poor father, or total idiot to be pounced on by a woman or a black guy. Name the last ad you saw where a woman was depicted as lower then a man. It just doesn't happen. As women we can't demand equality but totally be ok with sexism when we're shown as the superior ones. It's a 2 way street. If someone has to be humiliated, it's not ok to fall back on the white male because he's had it best for the past.....forever.

Personally I'm angry that they think that in order to sell a product to women they have to bash men. Like "your husband is stupid, look we get it! BUY OUR PRODUCT TO CLEAN UP AFTER HIM". I hate that crap.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 4:44pm

Would it be better if they just put two white guys in a commercial together, where the other white guy would be the "smart one" and the other one a "cowering loser", or would you find something else to pick apart to be offended by?

I can see your point about how they treat females in sitcoms, but come on, there hasn't been a "get back in the kitchen" commercial about women since what - the 60's?

Quite frankly, the stupid man/all-knowing woman angle is starting to get pathetic - why the need for such militant feminism when commercials with men outsmarting women essentially DO NOT EXIST?
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

I need to rush off to Subway to get snot on MY sandwich

I'd probably actually be interested in an AVOCADO sub - not that green spread crap all sub places use to save money.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I'm not getting this whole kid's voice thing.Confused
"Hey Chief, you just didn't take a bite from that sub that you stole, did ya? I just sneezed and I think a booger flew out.
But hey, go ahead.... I didn't want it anymore."
LOL"...uhhh - no, that's not 'guacamole' there, Chief..."
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Why is it always a white man getting his sub stolen? We've seen the black fire chief do it several times now, and women steal it in the other set of ads. Come on now, just make it 2 men of the same color so you don't have to pander.
WinkYea, right. White Men aren't always stupid, but at least he didn't have to play the 'thief' role - and about that chief, there - he really should be an American Indian who was given the sammich by the black guy, or maybe the girl, eh? They have this all messed up, doncha know..

Yet another 'Puttin' 'da White Clown DownClown' award-winner!.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:13pm
Oh, Geez. Maybe to aggravate it......They should add that nasaltone Jared.Tongue
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

So, you're saying that men shouldn't complain...but it's OK for women to?  Does that mean that men should just take it on the chin, but women should let their disapproval be known?  Sounds kinda sexist to me.

Personally, I don't think that it's fair that either one is portrayed a certain way, but I think that there's more to these commercials than "male bashing".

I think that you're supposed to find the male character likeable, even if he's bumbling. I think these commercials intentionally make women come across as bitchy. Can you remember the last sitcom or commercial you've watched where an intelligent and successful woman wasn't portrayed as batsh*t crazy, manipulative, or controlling? I can't.

These commercials make the viewer sympathetic toward the male role, and rightfully so. I'm not going to root for the bitchy woman just because she's the same gender as me. All I'm trying to say is that I think there's more to look into these commercials than "male bashing".

I've been all over the internet, where men make jokes about women "staying in the kitchen", and when women try to defend themselves, we're told to "get over it" but it's a pretty loaded subject. Jokes like that turn my stomach. I'd prefer it if sexism altogether was eliminated from popular culture, but I just don't think that "men are silly" carries the same kind of baggage as does sexism against women in popular culture.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 12:14pm

I can see your point about how they treat females in sitcoms, but come on, there hasn't been a "get back in the kitchen" commercial about women since what - the 60's?

Quite frankly, the stupid man/all-knowing woman angle is starting to get pathetic - why the need for such militant feminism when commercials with men outsmarting women essentially DO NOT EXIST?

People make "get back in the kitchen" jokes all the time on the internet. Come on, weren't you the one who posted about commercials that included memes recently? You obviously must possess some knowledge about popular culture, especially on the internet.

Let me ask you something: Do you want women to be told "get back in the kitchen" to go back in vogue? Do you want commercials with men outsmarting women to exist? Because you sure seem like it. I'd rather see discriminatory undertones eliminated from commercials altogether, but no matter what, some demographic is going to be depicted as the "foolish one" as long as commercials are supposed to be humorous with a heterogenous cast of characters.

Moreover, I was just addressing this with Thor, but while the male roles are meant to be bumbling, they're meant to be lovable. I can't remember the last time a woman wasn't depicted as uptight/"bland"/mean in a commercial. You're supposed to root for the male.

I saw a commercial today that sort of annoyed me, where the husband was rewarded with a Klondike bar for listening to his wife for "x" amount of seconds. Because, you know, we're all so boring. Men don't want to talk to us unless they're getting something out of it.

Come to think of it, the only commercials I've seen that portray women favorably that isn't shilling feminine products, or products associated with femininity (like yogurt, obviously), are ones where women are seen and not heard. I'd personally like to see a commercial where a woman acts silly around her husband/boyfriend and you're supposed to like her.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Princess, on this forum we always point out the fact that white males in ads are almost always depicted as the loser, poor father, or total idiot to be pounced on by a woman or a black guy. Name the last ad you saw where a woman was depicted as lower then a man. It just doesn't happen. As women we can't demand equality but totally be ok with sexism when we're shown as the superior ones. It's a 2 way street. If someone has to be humiliated, it's not ok to fall back on the white male because he's had it best for the past.....forever.

Personally I'm angry that they think that in order to sell a product to women they have to bash men. Like "your husband is stupid, look we get it! BUY OUR PRODUCT TO CLEAN UP AFTER HIM". I hate that crap.

I also hate when commercials make men look stupid to sell products to women, but I've also seen them do it to women with men's commercials, like with beer, food, or sports. We're just the old ball and chain.

The difference with these commercials is that in most cases you're supposed to sympathize for the guy. You're supposed to like him. I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial with a married couple that didn't depict the woman as being uptight, bland, or mean.
jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 1:04am
I just don't get these Subway ads at all. Is there a point to them? Why does everyone sound like a munchkin, and/or like they just swallowed helium? What the hell does any of it have to do with subs?

I don't generally eat at Subway - I don't think they're very good. But now that I can see the company has gone off their f**king rocker, I certainly wouldn't even consider eating there. 

First time I saw one of these ads I just started at the set, thinking "what the f**k??????" - now I just hit the mute button. Who needs to hear this crap?
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 3:45am
I have come to realize that white men must be simply superior to all others.
This is why they are always put in to the absolute opposite position in every single commercial to make the inferior feel better about themselves.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic