Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who else is sick of the face-eating story?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who else is sick of the face-eating story?
    Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:05pm
I am. It happened on Saturday, and by Tuesday, I was sick to death of it. I remembered laughing uncontrollably on Monday at it, but by Tuesday, I thought, "Please let this become old news very soon." 
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Sponsored Links

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:24pm
I'd agree with that!  And has anyone noticed how many gory, unusual stories (mostly crime-related) have happened in last few days.  Woman eats parts of her baby, a student eats some of his roomates organs, and today I say one about a man disembowling himself and still able to throw his intestines at the police (now that's a pretty good feat).
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:30pm
Not sick at all..soon as I read the headline, I quit reading.  I do the same for your stories. Donathan.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 10:48pm
What the authorities are covering up is that the face-eater was already dead.  They got lucky stopping another zombie outbreak before it got rolling.  This time....  Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2012 at 11:05pm
I actually need to hear more.  I've kind of ignored the story.  But The Walking Dead is "off-season" right now, and I'm jonesin' for a zombie fix.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I am. It happened on Saturday, and by Tuesday, I was sick to death of it. I remembered laughing uncontrollably on Monday at it, but by Tuesday, I thought, "Please let this become old news very soon." 

I think the fact that you were laughing uncontrollably over the fact that an old man got 80% of his face ripped away says a few less than complimentary things about you, DD.

I'm not bothered at all by your stories, but seriously.... lauging at a guy who ended up looking like this..

(WARNING: Extremely graphic image. View at own risk)

is kinda cold & crass.

BTW... the upper left photo is what his former face used to look like. Back when he still had one.

The lower right is the guy who attacked him. Crime scene in background.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 2:36am
It's gotta be drugs.  Still, what drug would make someone do such a thing?  PCP, would be my guess.  But the girlfriend suspects it was voodoo, which leads me to believe that maybe they were a little "off" to begin with. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 2:39am
Google "bath salts".

That's what they think it was.

Much worse than PCP.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 2:45am
Bath salts high:

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 2:51am
Looks like fun.  I'm gonna hafta dig mine out from under the bathroom sink.

Naaaah...I get that it's nickname for something slightly different than what I use to soak my decrepit feet in on occasion.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 2:52am
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2012 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Looks like fun.  I'm gonna hafta dig mine out from under the bathroom sink.

Naaaah...I get that it's nickname for something slightly different than what I use to soak my decrepit feet in on occasion.

That was actually pretty mild behavior compared to some other video I've seen, mostly of cops trying to subdue people under the influence of this stuff.

They snarl & growl like animals, go into shaking convulsions & often times, like the face eater in Miami, strip naked because the stuff heats them up inside so badly they want to cool off.

Too bad that guy in Miami didn't walk about another block or so east. He would've been right at the edge of Biscayne Bay & coulda just jumped in & had a nice swim.

C'mon, man!
PrincessOfTheAncient View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 1:08pm
I am, because everyone from my generation is seemingly pretty excited over it. "I TOLD YOU A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, GUISE!!!!!".

...Because cannibalism wasn't practiced by primitive tribes. If that's the first sign of the "zombie apocalypse", it's been taking millions among millions of years for any other "signs" to manifest. Nothing to see here.

I hope that under the extremely unrealistic circumstance should a "zombie outbreak" ever happen, the first attacked will be the ones anticipating one. Have zombies reached the same market saturation as Justin Bieber has yet?

I also think it's pretty tacky how the media's sensationalizing it. Three quarters of a man's face was eaten, and people are exploiting his personal trauma to create a mass hysteria, whether it be over a new substance paranoia or "zombie apocalypse" fantasy.
+ Self-loathing, lonely, fat, and bitter since 2008! +
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by PrincessOfTheAncient PrincessOfTheAncient wrote:

I am, because everyone from my generation is seemingly pretty excited over it. "I TOLD YOU A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE WAS GOING TO HAPPEN, GUISE!!!!!".

I would hope no one is actually taking it that seriously.  To me, it's just fun to joke about.  But young people like to turn minor things into major dramas, so I'm not surprised that some are actually thinking it's something to worry about.

I remember being in the 5th grade when, one day, there was all sorts of crazy weather---sun, clouds, thunder, rain and hail.  The word among us was that this meant the end of the world was near.  It wasn't.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 3:03pm

I would hope no one is actually taking it that seriously.  To me, it's just fun to joke about.  But young people like to turn minor things into major dramas,...

I'm guessing the poor guy with 3/4 of his face gone takes it seriously.

Bet he doesn't think it's fun to joke about.

Bet he doesn't consider it a "minor thing", either.

I gotta say, I'm a little disturbed that nobody here has expressed any sympathy for the guy.

Of course, he was just a homeless bum, so why bother, eh?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 3:17pm
Oh, c'mon, Jimbo.  The individual acts are indeed horrifying.  It's not like no one gets that.  I'm sure everyone was mortified when they heard about them.  But the idea that these incidents predict a zombie apocalypse, conjuring up images of Night of the Living Dead, is ridiculous and, therefore, funny.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 3:59pm
I get all that.

But an expression of sympathy or two for the guy doesn't seem too much to expect, rather than just giggling about flesh-eating zombies.

Meh.... whatever.

I hope his skin heals & grows back reasonably normal looking.

They'll probably have to graft it from his legs or butt.

C'mon, man!
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 8:43pm
I don't mind the zombie comparisons, because it does sound a little like The Walking Dead or The Crazies. It doesn't help, however, that those and vampires seem to be the "in" thing on TV or in the movies.

What I'm tired of is the "end of days" proclamations, and how "this just proves 2012 is real". No, no it's not. People love to use this as an example of how "the world's gone mad!" I tell people this all the time, but the world's been mad for years, if not centuries. You just hear about it a hell of a lot more, thanks to 24-hour news, the Internet, and social media.

20 or 30 years ago, and this would've been written off as an urban legend or something that made the back pages of the newspaper.

I really don't miss working for the media sometimes lol...
The poster formerly known as producer757
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I think the fact that you were laughing uncontrollably over the fact that an old man got 80% of his face ripped away says a few less than complimentary things about you, DD.

I'm not bothered at all by your stories, but seriously.... lauging at a guy who ended up looking like this..

(WARNING: Extremely graphic image. View at own risk)

is kinda cold & crass.

BTW... the upper left photo is what his former face used to look like. Back when he still had one.

The lower right is the guy who attacked him. Crime scene in background.

I think I laughed more out of the morbid situation of it all rather than it being actually funny.  If you don't laugh, you'll just say, "What the fuc?  What the fuc?  What the fuc?" over and over again.  Shocked 

My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 11:00pm

Have zombies reached the same market saturation as Justin Bieber has yet?

No, zombies have always been more popular than Bieber, and will continue to be long after he is gone....  Wink

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:10pm

I would hope no one is actually taking it that seriously.  To me, it's just fun to joke about.  But young people like to turn minor things into major dramas, so I'm not surprised that some are actually thinking it's something to worry about.

I remember being in the 5th grade when, one day, there was all sorts of crazy weather---sun, clouds, thunder, rain and hail.  The word among us was that this meant the end of the world was near.  It wasn't.

I can say for sure that a lot of kids my age really are preparing for a zombie outbreak. I thought they were joking until people started assaulting me with links explaining why it "could happen someday" and attacking me for being "ignorant".

Ughughugh.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessOfTheAncient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

I don't mind the zombie comparisons, because it does sound a little like The Walking Dead or The Crazies. It doesn't help, however, that those and vampires seem to be the "in" thing on TV or in the movies.

What I'm tired of is the "end of days" proclamations, and how "this just proves 2012 is real". No, no it's not. People love to use this as an example of how "the world's gone mad!" I tell people this all the time, but the world's been mad for years, if not centuries. You just hear about it a hell of a lot more, thanks to 24-hour news, the Internet, and social media.

20 or 30 years ago, and this would've been written off as an urban legend or something that made the back pages of the newspaper.

I really don't miss working for the media sometimes lol...

That's what I'm saying. This is all just sensationalism.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 1:20am
Hell yeah, I am tired of hearing about it. It is not a zombie. Now shut the hell up about it and get back to real news. Oh wait, you are the media. And that means that it will take years for another topic to come up that you all can jump on. 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 4:52am
Not years.  They are only killing air time until the upcoming George Zimmerman trial, when they can beat the viewers to death with in-depth nonstop coverage....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 4:37pm
I bet if the guy who ate the other guy's face were still alive, he'd be "sick of it" too.

"Ughhh, I feel kinda sick.... I musta ate too much FACE."

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic