Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horrid Stanley Steamer Scooting Dog Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horrid Stanley Steamer Scooting Dog Commercial
    Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 5:09pm
It's back. The mom going ballistic over Toby (MAKE HIM STOOOP she says to the dopey red haired kid). This has creeped back on to daytime Television. Make this commercial STOP.
Sponsored Links

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 5:22pm

I don't remember the "make him stop" addition.  So either this is a new version, or I was too grossed out but the dog to notice any dialogue after that fish-wife yells out "TOBY!!!".  Here's the "make him stop" version:

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
sandy345 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandy345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 5:28pm
I headed for the remote so fast I didn't notice.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 6:46pm
My littlest dog scoots his ass fairly often on the carpet, and our carpet is WHITE. I've never seen him dirty up the carpet by scooting, I think this lady is just anal.
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2008 at 7:04pm
Dogs who "scoot" often have  worms that itch, or  impacted anal glands that "squirt".   Frankly I think the ad, albeit loathesome and shrill and "TMI", does point out that you probably don't want your babies crawling around in "butt squirt".   I don't even like to think of a "clean" dog ass being dragged in areas of the carpet for just the cumulative  "smell" and "bacteria" factor.  You don't aways have to see filth to realize it's there.  Dead  
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

My littlest dog scoots his ass fairly often on the carpet, and our carpet is WHITE. I've never seen him dirty up the carpet by scooting, I think this lady is just anal.

ANAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GET IT!!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 2:05am
Hehe, I was almost going to say "no pun intended" but you know, I figured I'd be lying. LOL
CurryMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurryMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 8:26am
Good dog. Clap

"I will stand upon my head 'til my ears are turning red
Pussycow, pussycow, pussycow!"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Dogs who "scoot" often have  worms that itch, or  impacted anal glands that "squirt".   Frankly I think the ad, albeit loathesome and shrill and "TMI", does point out that you probably don't want your babies crawling around in "butt squirt".   I don't even like to think of a "clean" dog ass being dragged in areas of the carpet for just the cumulative  "smell" and "bacteria" factor.  You don't aways have to see filth to realize it's there.  Dead  
Yup.
If'n I see da Pooch 'draggin'ass', we're headin' straight to the vet.
And when I get MissyDWolf home, I'll rent a steam-cleaner and make her clean her skid-marks.

I actually have always liked this commercial...it really gets the message across...the thought of a dog getting rid of worms right where the child is crawling is indeed horrific; what's worse? I bet some folks don't understand the stinkin' commercial - think the dog is doing it for fun.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 7:42pm
I get that it's worms. I get that it's horrifying.

But I don't want to see a soccer mom screaming her brains out while I'm trying to make fun of Sarah Jessica Parker and the ladies on The View. I mean, it throws me off and frankly I don't need that at the crack of noon when I'm waking up.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 8:35pm
Thankfully my little guy doesn't have worms, but he does need his glads expressed from time to time, which I do myself. Maybe my dogs ass doesn't phase me much for that reason, that or the fact that he likes to sleep with his ass near my face sometimes. LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 9:17pm
A 'wormbutt' in the face?!!!
Maybe you missed the episode of 'House' with the little kid who had worms *in* his eyes...how'd it happen??? well, think you're awful close!
Deadgaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh....
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 10:42pm
EWWW worms IN the eyes? Now I feel ill....

Luckily my pup DOESN'T have worms but that still makes me sick.
blast-off-girl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blast-off-girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 11:52pm
Am I the only one who loves this commercial?  I'm a sucker for all commercials with animals and I especially like Labrador retrievers.  I think it's pretty funny too.  My cat scoots all the time and does leave stains, unfortunately.  I guess I can relate to the mom's terror in this commercial.  Anyway, my cat scoots purely for behavioral reasons.  He was tested for worms and everything else at the vet.
CurryMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurryMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 6:28am
Originally posted by blast-off-girl blast-off-girl wrote:

Am I the only one who loves this commercial?

Nope. I find this commercial to be hilarious. LOL

"I will stand upon my head 'til my ears are turning red
Pussycow, pussycow, pussycow!"
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 3:59pm
The kid on House ate sand that a dog had pooped in, if I recall correctly. He was autistic and had a disorder called Pica, which means he has an urge to eat non-food items. 
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 5:22pm
I noticed that there is now another commercial that is using the dog scooting. The one where the guy say that he missed out on a 5 star hotel room in France because he did not have any signal on his phone, so the family has to spend their vacation in a sleazy hotel. At the end you see the dog scooting off to the side.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2008 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

The kid on House ate sand that a dog had pooped in, if I recall correctly. He was autistic and had a disorder called Pica, which means he has an urge to eat non-food items. 
Correct!
There ARE differences...our friend clearly isn't autistic and, well...think of it as 'eating natural'; she gets to skip the 'additives'...guess instad of Pica, she gets Poopa.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic