Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Kayak - Dialated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Kayak - Dialated
    Posted: 17 May 2012 at 8:55pm
This is so creepy, Weird close-ups of ugly looking guy with all black eyes. Any one seen it yet?
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:15pm
Is this the one?

Typical Kayak commercial.  Other than "Frank" the bully, I haven't seen a commercial of theirs that I can tolerate, let alone like.

If I was this wacko's wife, I think I'd pass on a vacation with him and spend a few nights at a friend's house.  The look on his face after she suggests Kayak looks like that of a psycho serial killer who's just decided on his next victim.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:20pm
CryTHAT friggin' SOB is ' 'possessed', I swear!
I'm all nervous an'damaged, now...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

CryTHAT friggin' SOB is ' 'possessed', I swear!
I'm all nervous an'damaged, now...

His obsession with her facial features makes me think he may be having thoughts of taking a page out of Leatherface's book.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 10:45pm
I feel slightly violated just having that guy on my TV.  Thanks, insanity213
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 12:30am
Kayak! Please advertize that you have multiple search for vacation information. Please stop trying to "FREAK" us out!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 12:46am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

ConfusedOnly 'slightly' there lk?WinkLOL
Is there ANYTHING we, as a community, can do to 'enhance your experience', making certain you get the full effect you expected? I'd bet a dollar to a donught, we can make you feel totally 'violated'. Why settle for less?  LOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 2:13am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

ConfusedOnly 'slightly' there lk?WinkLOL
Is there ANYTHING we, as a community, can do to 'enhance your experience', making certain you get the full effect you expected? I'd bet a dollar to a donught, we can make you feel totally 'violated'. Why settle for less?  LOL

Here's at least one way!LOL

http://www.commercialsihate.com/the-gross-out-thread-no-pictures_topic205_page3.html

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the much bigger thread...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 2:20am
I think all Kayak commercial writers have been trippin' on acid for an extremely long time now.

If they came up with this stuff sober, I would be scared.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 5:53am
Just saw this for the first time a few minutes ago. I like the Kayak ad with "Frank Reardon" (?) being "banned for life," that was cool.

I also like the one with the brain surgeon using the patient as a marionnette (don't know why- maybe the idea of a hippie brain surgeon is pretty far-fetched to begin with).....

But THIS?!! Sick Thumbs Down
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 3:22pm
I knew a girl who had eyes kinda like that.  We referred to her as "the alien".

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 8:01pm
His eyes remind me of alien eyes or the eyes of the huge, "human" bugs in the exterminator commercials.  Pretty damned creepy!  If I were the wife, I wouldn't sleep with him anymore cause he might kill me in my sleep Dead, nah, I'd just move out.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2012 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I knew a girl who had eyes kinda like that.  We referred to her as "the alien".

How do you know her eyes were like an alien?

You've seen an alien before?

Tongue
Bacherrabit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bacherrabit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:37am
I created an account here just for this topic. This commercial seriously FREAKED me the hell out and yes I feel TOTALLY violated.

Also, I am the type of person that is not easily freaked. Lets just say that ... someone I once knew did some things in his life that could actually make your eyes look that way, and I NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, want to be reminded of that time.

So, thanks Kayak, I probably wont be able to sleep for about a week until I forget that image. What a stupid commercial.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 4:24am
Finally figured out why the eyes made me cringe; they look like they are painful.  Like when you get your eyes examined and they put the stuff in them to dialate them.  That crap affects me alot, gives me a headache and makes me crazy.  Little tidbit, the lighter color your eyes, the more they will be affected by the solution.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
bluestate69 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bluestate69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 11:07am
there was a great write-up on this commercial on adweek.com (not an advertisement for the site, its just a good site about advertising that i think members would like). the writer mentioned that this commercial took the wrong course when the man insulted his wife. he suggested the commercial would have been more effective if he had complimented her. instead we have this creepy ugly man, who insults an attractive wife (especially attractive for that guy to catch), who happens to be gracefully aging. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 6:10pm
Yeesh those eyes CREE-PY!!!!Stern Smile
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 4:30am
Why does Kayak insist on putting the ugliest people in their ads?

With how many people an ad passes through before being OK'd, you mean to tell me not one of them has ever had their eyes dilated? Obviously not or they would know;

A) Getting your eyes dilated burns
B) You have to wear sunglasses because your eyes will not adjust to bright light
and most importantly
C) YOUR VISION IS BLURRY THE REST OF THE DAY

Are these people complete morons? Allow me to rewrite this ad so it make some f**king sense. Woman comes downstairs at 3am and sees batman on computer in complete darkness. He had his eyes dilated so he could presumably see better in the dark and catch off hour deals. Still wouldn't correct the fact that he would struggle to see, but dilated eyes correlate with darkness, not visual acuity.

Jesus Christ, Kayak, hire some people with intelligence. First you have lard ass couple with the non existant multi chamber flare gun, now dilated eyes = super sight. Get a god damn research department.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 6:07pm
Considering how obsessed TV is with medical stuff, including childbirth, a commercial throwing dialated pupils at me is the least of my worries.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 6:21pm
I sooooo hate this commercial to the extreme.

That dialated-eye guy looks super-creepy!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Grant Grant wrote:

Considering how obsessed TV is with medical stuff, including childbirth, a commercial throwing dialated pupils at me is the least of my worries.
I think dialated can be used with child birth too.
Houdini View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Houdini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 6:05pm
I can't STAND this commercial and it's PASSIVE/AGGRESSIVE male!  He would be SO lucky to even speak to a woman, much less pretend to be married to one.

Promise you this:  I will NEVER use Kayak after enduring this horrid piece of trash!!
LARDLOGO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LARDLOGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 6:35pm
This ad is just freaking creepy. It's like the devil's just staring right at you
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:13pm
OMG those eyes!  Guy's either tripping like mad, or just plain possessed!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 1:50am
I know the guy is creepy as F&%$, but has anyone taken a moment to notice the wife?! What the Censored is she wearing? She looks like she is one roll of fat plopped on top of another blob of fat....cinched in the middle by a too-tight belt. Gross. Her pants are disgusting and WTF if with the half-askew cape she's got wrapped around her neck? NOT TO MENTION -- look at those hands!!! Did anyone ever see the "Man Hands" episode of Seinfeld?!?!?!?! They look like they've been transplanted off of Herman Munster and then spliced onto her arms. This woman is the stuff nightmares are made of. Both of these people are disgusting and make me never want to use Kayak's services. 
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic