Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A change for T(een) Mobile?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A change for T(een) Mobile?
    Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:46am
Imagine that! T(een) Mobile finally hit puberty and now the anorexic twit in the little girl party dress is wearing leather and riding a motorcycle. Do they really think that anyone with a an IQ over 5 is going to buy into this "new" look?
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 2:38pm
Ahh, yes...I've seen this one.  The cutesy pink girl is now the badassed biker girl.  In reality, a badassed biker girl is more likely to look like this:

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 3:39pm
Is this what you're talking about?

Dunno what's worse, the new "concept" or the skeleton's self promotion at the end of the video.

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Is this what you're talking about?

Dunno what's worse, the new "concept" or the skeleton's self promotion at the end of the video.

"Skeleton" is spot on.  Maybe she should test drive a cheeseburger instead of T-Mobile's 4G network.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 10:53pm
I don't know about skeleton. Her facial features look quite French, and seeing as I've seen quite a lot of french actresses, singers, writers, musicians, models, etc. have that Audrey Hepburn Mosquito-bite-boobs look, I'll bet it's more or less her natural figure, as opposed to a 'skeleton' (Which in my opinion has always had the conotation of anorexic, and is always a sore sport for me, because even as a male I'm very petite, and have suffered quite a bit of ridicule and criticism for being "Anorexic" and a "skeleton" even though I'm actually overweight at 18% bodyfat right now XD)

Just saying...I still don't like her, but more because of her attitude on and off the camera, and not because of her body.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 11:29pm
She'll probably spontaneously combust after being excessively microwaved by her 4G T-Mobile phone, just like this poor guy:

LOL
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 12:37am
I didn't mind the earlier ads, and I do think she's cute. But these ads just don't work.

For one thing, that apartment in the long version is just sterile. No normal human being would possibly want to live in a place like that.

And another thing...Mrs. TK doesn't like it when I'm looking for clothes in my closet, and I throw the stuff I don't want to wear over my shoulder onto the floor. I can't understand why.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Buckeye001 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Buckeye001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:49am
Sure is jealousy in here. The commercials are annoying but the girl meets all my requirements in a woman. Tall, thin, brunette, pale(ish), speaks well, seems nice. Why do you think Kate and Pippa Middleton are so popular? That's a good look. I always hear "she's not healthy, she's too skinny" about thin women, but in a society where grocery stores are always stocked, the stick figure is probably way healthier than the slightly thick girl. That argument flies better in the Middle Ages, when food was more scarce, and a chunky woman signified health and wealth.

tl;dr - Don't call her unattractive when she's not, just because you have body image problems.
Joined 4/23/12, Frequent lurker on CIH since 2009.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 7:30pm
Saying 'wow eat a cheeseburger' to a thin person is just as offensive as saying 'eat a salad' to an overweight person. As someone who is naturally skinny, I can't tell you how many times I've been called 'anorexic' or asked if I eat. First off, that's pretty mean and judgmental to people with actual eating disorders, that their disease is just tossed out like some common insult, and telling skinny girls to 'eat a cheeseburger' because 'real women have curves' make naturally thin people feel bad because like, what am I then, a fake woman?

Anyway, I'm really sick of this girl too. I don't get the appeal. Yeah, she's really pretty, with a nice smile, but she has like no charisma and is actually really smug and irritating. I miss Catherine Zeta-Jones.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by kat kat wrote:

....make naturally thin people feel bad....

Don't admit this. That's the effect they're going for. Shrug it off, use their jealously as strength, and stay exactly the same. There's a reason why gym memberships, weight loss pills, and photoshopped magazine covers exist. Thin is the ideal.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I don't know about skeleton. Her facial features look quite French, and seeing as I've seen quite a lot of french actresses, singers, writers, musicians, models, etc. have that Audrey Hepburn Mosquito-bite-boobs look, I'll bet it's more or less her natural figure, as opposed to a 'skeleton' (Which in my opinion has always had the conotation of anorexic, and is always a sore sport for me, because even as a male I'm very petite, and have suffered quite a bit of ridicule and criticism for being "Anorexic" and a "skeleton" even though I'm actually overweight at 18% bodyfat right now XD)

Just saying...I still don't like her, but more because of her attitude on and off the camera, and not because of her body.
Dude!?
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Buckeye001 Buckeye001 wrote:

....make naturally thin people feel bad....

Don't admit this. That's the effect they're going for. Shrug it off, use their jealously as strength, and stay exactly the same. There's a reason why gym memberships, weight loss pills, and photoshopped magazine covers exist. Thin is the ideal.
Yeah, but I don't want to reinforce that standard. I mean, I'm not sitting here hating my own body, I see it as perfectly fine, but I'm just sick of body snarking in general. I'm totally in favor of sending the message that you don't need to be thin to be attractive, but to push that so far that there's a backlash against thin people is just kind of hypocritical and counterproductive.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:22am

Yeah, but I don't want to reinforce that standard. I mean, I'm not sitting here hating my own body, I see it as perfectly fine, but I'm just sick of body snarking in general. I'm totally in favor of sending the message that you don't need to be thin to be attractive, but to push that so far that there's a backlash against thin people is just kind of hypocritical and counterproductive.

That's all true, but I find that those who are thin are never the ones who are saying "eat a burger" to another thin person. It's almost always someone in the range of 10-30 pounds overweight.

I've been hitting the gym facilities at OSU almost every day lately, trying to get from 230 lbs to 180, which is what I was at when I was in high school playing baseball and in good shape. I'm half way there at 205 right now, so I'm really having a hard time sympathizing with those who are overweight talking crap about thin people out of feelings of sheer inadequacy. It's not hard to eat right and exercise once you get started. The only hard day was the first day.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Buckeye001 Buckeye001 wrote:

I've been hitting the gym facilities at OSU almost every day lately, trying to get from 230 lbs to 180, which is what I was at when I was in high school playing baseball and in good shape. I'm half way there at 205 right now, so I'm really having a hard time sympathizing with those who are overweight talking crap about thin people out of feelings of sheer inadequacy. It's not hard to eat right and exercise once you get started. The only hard day was the first day.

Good luck.  In 2007, I found I had ballooned to 210 lbs (I'm 5'8").  Went on a diet by basically not buying some of my problem foods.  Went down to 172 lbs.  Then I found myself rising into the mid-180s and so I went on another diet.  Recently, I dipped into the upper 160s, but have stabilized at about 170.  I want to get to 165 or, at the lowest, 160.

I know people who have a hard time losing weight.  I think that their problem is at least partially that they have kids and are surrounded by kiddie-type foods.  I'd have a hard time with that, too.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckeye001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:49am
I'm 6'1". I cut out soda and alcohol, tried to limit greasy fast food and sweets to a very minimal level, but mostly I just cut back how much I eat. I've been having one meal a day, and people say that's the opposite of what you should do, that you should eat a small amount of food often, but it works for me. It's made my stomach shrink and now I get full a lot faster, and get hungry less. I figure all that matters is that I burn more calories than I take in, and as long as I keep exercising, the scale will keep dropping. 
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 2:16am
Food placement really does not matter in the slightest. Most peole who do benefit from 6+ small meals a day, or eating breakfast, are really just benefitting because they're keeping track of there stuff.

As you said, weight loss and gain is nothing more than calories in versus calories out.

Personally, I range from three to four meals a day. I also follow the intermittent fasting principle, which is basically fast for 16 hours, eat within 8. Along with that I follow "If It Fits your Macros" so I can enjoy some McDonald's, or a sweet, or anything I'd like, so long as it meets my protein/fat requirements while keeping me within my caloric restrictions.

I'll also add that you should NEVER eat super low fat. Nutritive fat is necessary for hormone production which will help you lose body fat. Basically, fat =/= fat :P
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 2:18am
Originally posted by buckeye001 buckeye001 wrote:

I'm 6'1". I cut out soda and alcohol, tried to limit greasy fast food and sweets to a very minimal level, but mostly I just cut back how much I eat. I've been having one meal a day, and people say that's the opposite of what you should do, that you should eat a small amount of food often, but it works for me. It's made my stomach shrink and now I get full a lot faster, and get hungry less. I figure all that matters is that I burn more calories than I take in, and as long as I keep exercising, the scale will keep dropping. 

I've heard that eating something for breakfast "jump-starts" your metabolism following a night of sleep.  So, even if you're only gonna eat lunch or dinner, you might wanna consider having a banana or something in the AM.

One thing that helps me maintain my weight (or feel bad about gaining weight) is to weigh myself every morning.  I don't believe in just weighing myself once in a while.  One thing I won't do, however, is weigh myself on different scales.  It's always the same scale.  If it's off a few pounds from a different scale, at least it's off consistently and I know where I stand.

WalpurgisQuill View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalpurgisQuill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 3:14am
I've got to say, she doesn't look bad in leather. She's got a great body.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 4:11am
As a heavy guy I am of course more critical of heavy guys.
I actually read a funny but telling article in a school paper where they interviewed "A Fat Guy" and they asked him, "Is there a brotherhood or camaraderie among one another? Like when you come across another fat guy are you  both like, 'sup bro?'?" and he replied.. "Nah, I think, "God what a fat piece of sh*t" ...
I can attest to this. I think being overweight is a different type of mindset and that is why I don't completely buy in to obesity being a disability or a disease even. Epidemic? Yeah, problem? Hell yeah! But putting it up there with OCD or even "manias" and other behavioral issues I think is a bit off the mark. I am fat because I stopped being active and ate too much. No "fat genes" or "prone to it" my body took in more calories than I was willing to have it burn. And so on. What do I plan to do? I plan to be skinny again someday. But I also plan to get back to Australia and I plan to someday get a deck built out back. It's the next steps that I need to work on.
In the mean time? I'll look at thin, shapely people and think, "nice, good for you, I did that once." That's my natural mindset maybe.
So no I don't think it is jealousy most of the time, most of the "eat a burger" bullsh*t is just drivel and sh*t people say because they heard it once and they think it's clever. Like the stupid and overused, "I think I threw up in my mouth a little". An example of pop culture verbal memes. ("Meme" existed before LOLCats and Rage comics) Oh and by the way there is "healthy" heavy. it is rare, and has to be maintained. Sumos are a good example of that, as well as nomadic people. Though I heard recently that Sumos are beginning to have problem due to western eating and also western infiltration in general, that and less young men want to follow the regimen and discipline. But in reference to that, a sumo or nomadic body mass index is high but the fat is mostly subcutaneous and is not internal or around the heart and other organs as often if at all.
Again my science and info maybe off a bit, but I have heard that a few times.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic