Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pedi Spin (gross video included)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pedi Spin (gross video included)
    Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 3:35am
Has anyone seen the commercial for Pedi Spin yet?  It's similar to the Ped Egg from a few years ago, but this one seems to shave away large peelings of skin off one's feet.  Mr. Aleen and I just saw this on TV and it caused us to both recoil in unison and both shout:  "AAAAAARRRRGH!!!!" at the same time.  I'm no medical expert, but wouldn't someone have to go to the doctor after losing that much skin at once?  (gags)

"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 3:54am
I love how they boast that it saves the skin in a special container, when the video they showed TWICE before that statement shows large strips of skin falling to the ground.

As for the ammount of skin loss, I can't help but feel they've done something...like when you were a kid, and used to rub Elmer's glue on your hands, and when it dried you'd peel it off and it'd be like skin.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 6:03am
Pedi eggs are awesome (just a variation on old salon stuff) And again this is just a packaged version of something one can get done. I get bad thick calluses on my feet so I love pedi egg so now, as creepy as this is, I want to try this
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 2:24pm
I have the non-battery operated version of this.  Basically, it's like a cheese slicer.  Works well, as long as you don't "slice" too deeply.  The first time I used it, I got about a half cup of shredded cheese-like shavings.  LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I love how they boast that it saves the skin in a special container, when the video they showed TWICE before that statement shows large strips of skin falling to the ground.

Do you use slo-mo? I missed seeing those large peelings.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 10:39pm
First one is on the toe. Admittedly, it doesn't fall so much as get flung away, the second piece comes off the upper heel, and you can see it dangling down, then falling off.

I noticed it more seeing it on the telly. Just happened to be on a hi-def channel, I could have wept.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 7:04pm
I got a ped egg for my husband some time ago. His feet aren't really callused enough to use it anymore. Mine never are, even when I had a job where I was on my feet. I don't get it. Like those commercials with lotion for dry elbows....I don't have those either. Is the majority of society just crusty and gross or something?

Though I do love peeling myself, who doesn't? I got sunburned on my vacation last month and got like 2 weeks of amazing peeling.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Though I do love peeling myself, who doesn't?

we do don't we? Perhaps it is some hearkening back to our evolutionary past. Some lizardy, molting urge
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:34am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Though I do love peeling myself, who doesn't?

we do don't we? Perhaps it is some hearkening back to our evolutionary past. Some lizardy, molting urge

I used to enjoy smearing my hands with Elmer's Glue, letting it dry, and then peeling it off.  In fact, I think that's what I'll do tonight if there's nothing good on the tube.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:17am
^Second mention of that in this topic!

I think I'm actually going to buy a container of it XD
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 2:37pm
See I never did that as a kid intentionally. Our big thing was squirting the glue on our bumpy pencil/supply boxes and then peeling it off of that and keeping the glue designs.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic