Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Rogue (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Rogue (video)
    Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 9:35pm

Where to begin. OK, this guy is traveling with his pals and they hear one guy's girlfriend calling "Marco". So they all just get out the car........hmmm, wonder how they're getting
home now.Unhappy
So, pantywaist guy responds back, "Polo." And off the twosome go across town( of course there's no traffic) on some kind of GPS hide-and-go-seek adventure. Gas being so inexpensive and all, I expect this happens all the time.Ermm
Sponsored Links

Tammy Turbo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 11:02pm
Thats pretty odd and stupid. As a kid,I played Marco Polo in a swimming pool,or in the lake. We did'nt need GPS back then either. We always knew where the 7-11 was.
I don't push the envelope,I lick it.
danooct1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danooct1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 3:40am
What I don't understand is how marco/polo works with a GPS. Saying "polo" doesn't give the other person any clue to your direction or whereabouts.
powerfunk View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 6:37am
Actually, Nissan recently patented state-of-the-art Polo-based GPS technology.
Always, ALWAYS get CHILI on your nachos bell grande.
mutebuttoner View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 5:27pm
Aside from the innately irritating nature of the whole "Marco/Polo" game (life guards should be offered suicide counseling after having to listen to sugar-high over-excited kids call this out all day at the pool) the part I really wonder about is at the very end of the commercial.

The sequence of events is just ridiculous, and I wonder why they don't have a disclaimer note to morons at the bottom of the screen, "DO NOT ATTEMPT."

The lady races towards a train crossing, doesn't so much as TAP the brakes, while the train is IN THE CROSSING. At the last nanosecond, where she would surely meet a violent and horrifying death, the train passes and the RR X-ing gates raise and she skids to a stop.

In case you didn't know, TRAIN CROSSINGS ARE DANGEROUS, whether you race to beat the train, or race to be the first to cross AFTER the train. Every other stupid stunt beyond the realm of reality in commercials have the "DO NOT ATTEMPT" disclaimer. Why not this one?

Or did I miss it?

Can't wait to sue Nissan after I claim ultimate Darwin Award eligibility after getting wrecked across the tracks, pleading, "but they did it in the COMMERCIAL! I didn't know it was dangerous or impossible. What... isn't that worth $10 million?"

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by mutebuttoner mutebuttoner wrote:

The sequence of events is just ridiculous, and I wonder why they don't have a disclaimer note to morons at the bottom of the screen, "DO NOT ATTEMPT."

The lady races towards a train crossing, doesn't so much as TAP the brakes, while the train is IN THE CROSSING. At the last nanosecond, where she would surely meet a violent and horrifying death, the train passes and the RR X-ing gates raise and she skids to a stop.

In case you didn't know, TRAIN CROSSINGS ARE DANGEROUS, whether you race to beat the train, or race to be the first to cross AFTER the train. Every other stupid stunt beyond the realm of reality in commercials have the "DO NOT ATTEMPT" disclaimer. Why not this one?

Or did I miss it?

Can't wait to sue Nissan after I claim ultimate Darwin Award eligibility after getting wrecked across the tracks, pleading, "but they did it in the COMMERCIAL! I didn't know it was dangerous or impossible. What... isn't that worth $10 million?"

Or plowing through an intersection because you were watching the GPS instead of the actual road.Confused

"I'm sorry Officer, we were just playing Marco/Polo."Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic