Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Colon Detox Hype?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Colon Detox Hype?
    Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 7:32pm
  1. Yes.
  2. I hate this infomercial passionately. 

The guy with the mustache is Klee Irwin.  On his own, he's creepy enough, almost reptilian.

Doing a fake interview, about new age pooping: he scares me.

It's like when you're 23, out with your friends, and that skeezy guy that's at the club, by himself, dancing alone (badly)...scans the crowd and sets his sights on you.  He's that guy -  and now he's making snake-oil infomercials so that dumb suckers can poop and think it will change their lives.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 7:39pm
With you 100%; one of those 'can't reach the remote quick enough' infomercials...

Something just doesn't feel right about a non-qualified individual explaining 'the evils of being F.O.S.' and how he has the cure...and he looks an awful lot like John Waters...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 9:05pm
Every couple of months or so, I get a bag of sliders from Whitey Castle's. 

That does it for me.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2008 at 9:30pm
The colon cleanse craze is just another rip-off, like weight loss.  When I hear ads on the radio for Purifast, I flee.  
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by 8 Track Single 8 Track Single wrote:

The colon cleanse craze is just another rip-off, like weight loss.  When I hear ads on the radio for Purifast, I flee.  

It's a fad that keeps coming back. There were movements (no pun intended) in the late 1800s to get people to try all sorts of purges. That's where cerial got it's start, with Kelloggs and others opening sanitaria and coming up with foods and other devises to cleanse colons and make people smart and happy. Obviously it works. Wink 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 2:29pm
C'mon everyone!!  Does this look like hype to you?

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 3:12pm
We have reached a new high in low!DeadDeadLOL, click, the link if you DARE!!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 3:40pm

Thor...I think we've posted that pic before...might have been for 'exotic necklaces & jewelry'...

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Thor...I think we've posted that pic before...might have been for 'exotic necklaces & jewelry'...

"Each of our exotic necklaces is individually crafted and totally unique".

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

The testimonials are quite entertaining, too.  Here's part of one:

Now listen closely when I say this because it is a powerful statement...I HAVE NEVER, EVER IN ALL MY YEARS SMELLED SOMETHING SO VILE, GROSS, HORRID, PUTRID, FOUL, NOSE HAIR CURLING, VOMIT INDUCING, NASTY OR RETCHED AS THE DAILY PARADE OF INTESTINAL LINING / ROTTAGE THAT I AM EXPELLING FROM MY BODY!  If stink was a country, this would be its president! I went to the bathroom 3 times today and the last time being 20 minutes ago. The stench still fouls my sense of smell. So many sections of what looked like chunks of liver & internal organ looking things connected by what looked like clear caulk, muck, and other really disgusting lumpage and chunkage that I just do not have the words to even describe. 

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

The testimonials are quite entertaining, too.  Here's part of one:

Now listen closely when I say this because it is a powerful statement...I HAVE NEVER, EVER IN ALL MY YEARS SMELLED SOMETHING SO VILE, GROSS, HORRID, PUTRID, FOUL, NOSE HAIR CURLING, VOMIT INDUCING, NASTY OR RETCHED AS THE DAILY PARADE OF INTESTINAL LINING / ROTTAGE THAT I AM EXPELLING FROM MY BODY!  If stink was a country, this would be its president! I went to the bathroom 3 times today and the last time being 20 minutes ago. The stench still fouls my sense of smell. So many sections of what looked like chunks of liver & internal organ looking things connected by what looked like clear caulk, muck, and other really disgusting lumpage and chunkage that I just do not have the words to even describe.

So it looks like you sh@t out pieces of your liver and other internal organs, yet you're taking this thing? Hmmmm, sounds like you might do a little better in a padded room...
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 4:34pm
Scroll down the site to Ken Wolfson's "testimonial".  Read the entire thing.  It's f*cking priceless!!

quote:  "WE’VE GOT CHUNKAGE !!  Yup, I struck pay dirt!! OK, here's the scoop on the poop."

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 4:39pm

It looks like someone tore a strip off a bed sheet, tied some beef jerky to it & dipped it in chocolate sauce.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

"Each of our exotic necklaces is individually crafted and totally unique".

Hey!  Angry
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Love endures all.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It looks like someone tore a strip off a bed sheet, tied some beef jerky to it & dipped it in chocolate sauce.

You get the first bite.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by LOL1955 LOL1955 wrote:

Hey!  Angry
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Eeeek!!!
Frien'Pup - we only shop with YOU - we'd never shop there...you know that, right?
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:54pm
It's all good, Pa.  I laughed myself senseless over this one...right after I blew cornflakes all over my screen!
Love endures all.
ozric1847 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozric1847 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2008 at 5:54pm
Here is the remix version of his infomercial. 

JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 12:31pm
I read the stories. So you can get six-pack abs from just using this stuff, but you have 5 movements a day and it makes your breath smell horrible.  One guy has terrible headaches but then feels better after a 4 foot crap. He may really have sh*t for brains.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2008 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Jimbo you are a SCREAM!!!!!
mutebuttoner View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutebuttoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 7:56am
It's total BS. A friend has worked as a medical assistant in a colonoscopy clinic for 20+ years, has never ever seen the "plaque" that the commercial warns about.

Moral of the story? Never underestimate the wallets of the gullible.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 12:41pm
Excellent point!

Screening for colon cancer has gotten a lot of press in the past few years.  Included in this press is the colonoscopy procedure, and references to the unpleasantness of the necessary pre-scope-flush-out.

They never allude to the ropes of hell that those colon-blow sites discuss and display, claiming that all who don't use their product have this in their bodies.

Perhaps all that crap is created by the "detox" product.  You take it, it's undigestible, congeals in the lower intestine... and when it makes its way out it is VILE.  This theory is gross but it makes sense.

I've watched news shows where they show the images captured during a typical colonosopy.  You might see a few polyps, but no goo.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 1:41pm
When I saw the title of this thread, I knew Thor was going to post his pretty picture!DeadLOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2008 at 2:50pm
How could I not???  It would be just wrong to withhold such a relevant (and lovely) picture.  Smile

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 1:17pm
Just bumping this up -

BTW anyone out there eating breakfast right now?  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic