Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Income At Home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andypanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Income At Home
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:21pm
Ah,  the good old Income At Home radio ad. 

And just how long has that irritating woman's recorded sound-clip been played... going on 5 or 6 YEARS now?!!

Many different on-air personalities who have been advertising for IAH over time have come & gone, But yet -- the same tiresome, overplayed lady with her (pretend) "over the phone" message is still being driven in to the ground:

Originally posted by Annoying Lady's Voice Annoying Lady's Voice wrote:

I have to tell you it's the best decision I have ever made! Because we replaced my income and my husband's incomeThis business has allowed us to quit our jobs *like a couple of idiots* and we're both at home full time and loving it.  Best decision *Blah Blah Yawn*

SHUT THE HELL UP already Lady.   No, you really didn't have to tell us anything! 

IAH.com should at least have the decency to buy her a new script to read from. Or hire another voice over announcer; for gods sake.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 1:38am
ConfusedI used to know some ladies that professed the benefits of 'Income at Home', but they kept getting busted for prostitution.
Not certain what their 'profit margin' was... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Free2Live View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Free2Live Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 6:55pm
Sorry you guys feel this way.  There is a good reason that this radio ad is still going, it's because the opportunity is still very valid and very lucrative. You may not be interested in any sort of work at home business opportunity which is fine, however it is a growing industry that many have taken advantage of.  And by the way, the "overplayed lady" did actually do this interview over the phone and is telling the truth.  How do I know, I am the "idiot" husband that quit my job years ago.  While you guys are toiling away at your jobs, I have the opportunity to take my kids to their sporting events, school functions, or wherever.  But I won't bore you anymore with my blah, blah, blah.  
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:59pm
AndyyPanda, PaWolf, I bet you two feel bad now.........Wink

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 8:44pm
If I got a nickel for every person that joined a message board to discuss one topic, I'd have a lucrative income. But I'm busy stuffing envelopes right now........
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:03pm
I've heard this commerical so many times on my way to work or during the day that it's lost all meaning and is just words and sound going in my ears and not registering. 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 3:33am
The vast majority of work at home scams are..... well, scams.

REAL work at home jobs require you to do exactly that..... WORK.

A lot.

I know a guy who worked for an engineer/ general contractor as a computer draftsman out of his home.

He worked all the time, often sitting up until past midnight trying to get some job finished by deadline.

Lot of running around handling permits, dealing with sub contractors, taking measurements, etc.

I used to help him with a lot of the running around stuff just for something to do. He'd buy lunch.

I worked with him at his house for a salary during the summer of 2002, I think it was.

Didn't like it.

I guess it depends on what you do. You need some skill that people need. Like sewing or embroidery. We had this one woman do some work for us, who had a computer driven embroidery/sewing machine & did a lot of business out of her house. She did a lot of custom embroidery of shirts for companies, putting their logos on employees' polo shirts, etc.

Her house had piles of cloth & clothes all over the place.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 4:04am
In days gone by, I often travelled constantly as I worked - lived by the old rule, "There are 24 hours in a day, You can sleep when You die".
Then times changed in the telecommunications industry (in a far greater manner than most realize) and a lot of 'doors' opened - good and bad.  In any case, all of a sudden, I could do so much from so far. The last decade has been more and more from home.
Nowadays? Primarily work from home, rarely travel. Don't get it wrong - it sure isn't any easier and the hours are quite often longer. There are days I lumber from the Den to the Home Office, stopping by the kitchen for coffee - then 'BoxerBang' the day away until about lunch when I can shave and take a shower, maybe put on shorts and a t-shirt.
Little things like video conference, live collaberation, and more are used extensively (but I cover the camera if I'm 'not visually appealing/appropriate'LOL).
When we travel now, it is vacation - even if we DO meet up with others with whom I work,
Life is grand.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Free2Live Free2Live wrote:

Sorry you guys feel this way.  There is a good reason that this radio ad is still going, it's because the opportunity is still very valid and very lucrative. You may not be interested in any sort of work at home business opportunity which is fine, however it is a growing industry that many have taken advantage of.  And by the way, the "overplayed lady" did actually do this interview over the phone and is telling the truth.  How do I know, I am the "idiot" husband that quit my job years ago.  While you guys are toiling away at your jobs, I have the opportunity to take my kids to their sporting events, school functions, or wherever.  But I won't bore you anymore with my blah, blah, blah.  

Cool Story, Bro.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 4:35am

I just heard the latest incarnation of this ad.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

At the end of it, there was a disclaimer, almost whispered:

"Results not typical."

The only people getting rich off this are the ones shilling it.

SCAM
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 5:07pm
I finally researched this one because I got so sick of hearing the commercials. It's exactly what you would expect -- a pyramid scheme, apparently for Herbalife. I can't imagine anyone actually making a living off this nonsense. It's depressing that so many big names in radio (Sean Hannity, Dr. Laura, etc.) are willing to shill for them.

Also, Free2Live is a tool.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic