Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taco Bell Road Trip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote archan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell Road Trip
    Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 2:46am
Does Taco Bell expect me to believe some idiot drove 900 miles to eat some tacos from Taco Bell? Even if it was true, supposedly it is, I call total BS on this. Hey Taco Bell: this commercial doesn't make me believe these tacos are good, it just makes me think the guy who drove that far is incredibly stupid. (and high as a kite i think).

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 2:53am
He does look stoned.

Probably didn't mean to drive 900 miles, but just got lost.

"Uhhhhhhh..... duuuude...... I know there's a Taco Bell around here somewhere....."

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
archan127 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archan127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 2:55am
i hope they brough imodium with them because the car trip back isn't gonna be very fast or pretty.
calzonesays View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calzonesays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 7:44am
Driving 900 miles for a Taco Bell taco?

Nice life.
TheBoomMan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBoomMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 9:37am
Its pathetic how you would just drive 300 miles away from your hometown just to get some artificial taco that has chemical meat filling and 30% real meat. Hope the people who ate the tacos get diarrhea after they ate it.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 2:34pm
This sounds like a ripoff of a Whataburger commercial about a guy who drove 300+ miles one way to get to the nearest Whataburger.  While that's crazy, it's more feasible since Whataburger's food is actually worth an extended trip (maybe not a 300 mile one, but then again I have a Whataburger just a few miles from both home and work).

Here's the commercial:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 3:22pm
Looks like a pretty damn good hamboigah.

Nuttin ya couldn't make at home though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 3:50pm

Looks like Taco Bell has jumped on the "hipsters taking a road trip" bandwagon (like that Chicken McBites commercial that thankfully I haven't seen lately). How long before Burger King or Wendy's gets in on the act?

msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 5:33pm
I can see this doofus saying something like, "I drove 900 miles and they game me a free taco.  Score!!!"
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 7:15pm
I hate this commercial too.

If it is true that he drove 965 miles for a stupid taco, then it's just sickeningly pathetic.

I hope my life never reaches that level of boredom and meaninglessness.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

This sounds like a ripoff of a Whataburger commercial about a guy who drove 300+ miles one way to get to the nearest Whataburger.  While that's crazy, it's more feasible since Whataburger's food is actually worth an extended trip (maybe not a 300 mile one, but then again I have a Whataburger just a few miles from both home and work)....
Big smileWinkCouldn't agree MORE! Being the closest to us is about 2200 miles, a few of our kids ship us Whataburgers now and then...they don't last 5 minutes once unwrapped.

BUT...a Taco Bell 'road trip'?! I don't think so...well, unless I had been off the North American continent for a few years - then I'd have to have an enchirito and a green chile bean burrito (which I have not seen in years).

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

I hate this commercial too.

If it is true that he drove 965 miles for a stupid taco, then it's just sickeningly pathetic.

I hope my life never reaches that level of boredom and meaninglessness.
Seems like every fast food chain has anecdotal stories about road trips for their products...White Castle, Sonic, even McDonald's for regional specials. A cheap way to hype lousy food.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 9:42pm
96 miles would've sounded more reasonable. 960 miles --- come on man. That's like a 15-16 hour drive for a taco. What did they spend for gas?  And gas for their Volvo.
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 10:33pm
I also have no idea why they are calling it "Doritos Locos Tacos."

What about just calling it "Doritos Taco?"

Are they just trying to cater toward Spanish people?

I went to my local Taco bell and it said on the menu, "Doritos Locos Tacos - $1.59" Why can't they just use the singular form? Why do they need the "S" at the end of taco?

The menu for a hard taco just says, "Hard Taco." It doesn't say, "Hard Tacos."

Taco Bell is falling down FAST.

Before you know it, they are gonna change their name to "Tacos Bells."

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 11:30pm

::drove 3 hours with 2 friends to Dayton to get Dorito tacos last summer::

Originally posted by TV_Casualty TV_Casualty wrote:

I also have no idea why they are calling it "Doritos Locos Tacos."

What about just calling it "Doritos Taco?"

That's my biggest problem with it too. I have never ordered it as a Doritos Locos Taco....it's always "give me one dorito taco with no lettuce".

...."do you want the regular or supreme"

BITCH TAKE A GUESS I DON'T WANT LETTUCE.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 11:54pm
Guess it's b/c they don't sell Dorito taco shells in the store? Wouldn't it be less work to make the damn tacos yourselves?!! Stern Smile

And where on Earth do you have to live in order to be 900 miles away from a Taco Bell?? If I drove 900 miles, I'd be in freakin' Mexico where I could get a bona-fide (and probably really cheap) taco.

'course it's easy for me to say- within a stone's throw of where we live, we've got a ton of food options. Would go to the taco truck before Taco Bell, however. Haven't been there since they did away with the vegetarian burrito Cry over a decade ago.

EDIT: Oops, according to Google Maps, I'd have to drive 1,900+ miles to get to Mexico.
john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 6:36pm
Finally broke down and tried the Doritos Taco Supreme for lunch.  The shell looks like Doritos, but it tastes like...a plain old taco shell. No Doritos flavor at all.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

This sounds like a ripoff of a Whataburger commercial about a guy who drove 300+ miles one way to get to the nearest Whataburger.  While that's crazy, it's more feasible since Whataburger's food is actually worth an extended trip (maybe not a 300 mile one, but then again I have a Whataburger just a few miles from both home and work).

I have family in Dallas. Whenever I visit, Whataburger is always my first stop. A 300 mile road trip there is more than worth it! Big smile

My friends and I keep saying we're taking a road trip to White Castle...the nearest one from Virginia is NY or NJ, I believe. So roughly another 300 miles.

However, 3 times that for a taco made with Doritos? No. Never.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 1:19am
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

My friends and I keep saying we're taking a road trip to White Castle...the nearest one from Virginia is NY or NJ, I believe. So roughly another 300 miles.

You can get White Castles in the grocery store.

Six to a box, with cheese or without.

Frozen food aisle.

Around $3.50 - $4.

Good too!!! Tongue

C'mon, man!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 1:33am
I like White Castles.  I wouldn't take a road trip for them, though.  

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 1:57am
Where in the world do you have to live where the nearest Taco Bell is over 900 miles away? And I second the thing about the Locos Tacos - the look of doritos is there (along with all the messy fingers), but with no added taste.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Where in the world do you have to live where the nearest Taco Bell is over 900 miles away? And I second the thing about the Locos Tacos - the look of doritos is there (along with all the messy fingers), but with no added taste.

In the stupid commercial, I think the voiceover guy says something about the only Taco Bell that offered the Locos Tacos (I wish they would at least call them Tacos Locos, for chrissake) was 900 miles away.  So basically Taco Bell is knocking itself with its own commercial by stating that they suck at giving their franchisees ample reason to offer specialty items.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 4:24am
So...an Asian, a Mexican and a White guy take a road trip.... The whole scenario is ridiculous. Where was the Wheelchair Guy and Down's Syndrome guy?

Next time you see a car full of douchebags on spring break, take a look. They'll probably be all white, or all Mexican, or all Asian, or all black.  These "mixed bag" commercials are phony and don't happen (at least very often) in reality.
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 12:37am
Originally posted by TheBoomMan TheBoomMan wrote:

Its pathetic how you would just drive 300 miles away from your hometown just to get some artificial taco that has chemical meat filling and 30% real meat. Hope the people who ate the tacos get diarrhea after they ate it.

As much as I dislike their food, their meat is 100% beef. Stop perpetuating stupid, uneducated urban legends.
plastique_bag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plastique_bag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 6:42am
I hate when fast food places do the whole "limited release" thing. How do they determine which areas in the country would be most receptive to having a taco with Dorrito dust on the shell? And is this determination based on the amount of stoners per capita? Because this sounds like a snack that would be a reeeaaallllly good idea after tokin' on some doobage...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic