Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Breitbart, RIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Andrew Breitbart, RIP
    Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 2:50pm
43 y/o, "unexpectedly from natural causes."  He's the guy who did those ACORN "stings" a few years ago.

I liked the guy.  Many didn't.  I enjoyed hearing him on Dennis Miller's radio show.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 5:53pm
I would've entitled the thread "Andrew Breitbart RIH", for "Rot In Hell", which is what I imagine he's doing right about now.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 5:57pm
I wonder when the right wing goofballs who happily swallowed his diahrea are going start spreading conspiracy theories in which they blame President Obama for having him murdered.

Wouldn't surprise me or be out of character for them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 6:09pm
Oh, there might be some of that, though it won't gain the traction that your "truthers" and tea party "bombings" did.  Besides, his own websites say "natural causes".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 7:29pm
News flash.... the truthers have nothing to do with the left & I don't even know what tea party bombings you're talking about. The only place the tea party is gonna be "bombing" is in the election booth when they succeed in forcing their unelectable extemist goofball candidates on the ballots.

And speaking of nutjob conspiracy groups, I hear that turd of a sheriff Joe Arpaio in Az is back at it again, rekindling & stoking the fire under the asses of the birther nitwits.

If you wanna talk about getting traction... that silliness is at the top of the list.

But as for Breitbart's death, just give it time. The Obama hatin maniacs will start cookin up something & spread it thru the usual r/w propaganda channels... run it thru the r/w lie machine.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 8:31pm

Katie Couric and Mayor Bloomberg blamed the tea party for the Times Square bomb.
Internet bloggers quickly blamed the Fort Hood shooting on tea partiers.
Many blamed right-wing rhetoric for the Gabrielle Giffords shooting.
A Democratic Congressional delegate from DC stated Obama death threats were incredibly high after taking office (Secret Service said normal level).
Rachel Maddow speculated that the census worker suicide was committed by right-wing anti-government types.

I'll seriously doubt that anyone of any note is gonna blame Breitbart's death on Obama.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:28am
In the past, I saw him on a handful of shows as a "talking head," and I took an instant dislike for him.  Then this afternoon I read a 2010 Slate profile of the guy, not a hatchet job but much from friends and other commentators and quotes and such, and now I think he was a total *sshole. I watched more clips and some tributes by Drudge and others. This guy is trually a hypocrit on many things, he seems to HATE everybody, except maybe himself.  I can feel sympathy for his wife and kids but man, this guy was one angry person.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:49am
"Long after the various controversies and flame wars with which he was involved have been forgotten, his impact on 21st century media, especially his role in hastening the demise of a hidebound, pretentious, and faux-independent media, will continue. A lot of people theorize about democratizing the public square and bringing new voices and sources into conversations about politics and culture. Breitbart actually did it. It wasn't always perfect and it wasn't always pretty, but he blazed a path that surely leads to a far richer and more interesting mediscape than the one we all grew up with."   Reason Magazine, today

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:57am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Katie Couric and Mayor Bloomberg blamed SPECULATED the tea party for the Times Square bomb.

Internet bloggers quickly blamed SPECULATED the Fort Hood shooting on tea partiers.

Many blamed right-wing rhetoric for the Gabrielle Giffords shooting. Never disproved... likely true.

A Democratic Congressional delegate from DC stated Obama death threats were incredibly high after taking office <-- Truth.  (Secret Service said normal level). <--- Bullsh*t.

Rachel Maddow speculated that the census worker suicide was committed by right-wing anti-government types. How many right wing droolers on Fox have inaccurately speculated?

I'll seriously doubt that anyone of any note is gonna blame Breitbart's death on Obama.

Nobody of any note did any "blaming" (as you called it) either. Most of it was speculation in blogs & on forums like this one.

Now, how about the "anyone(s) of any note" who were publicly supportive of the birther droolers....

Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Ann-the-man You-know-who..... I'm sure the list goes on & on, but I'm not gonna waste anymore of my life on them.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

A Democratic Congressional delegate from DC stated Obama death threats were incredibly high after taking office <-- Truth.  (Secret Service said normal level). <--- Bullsh*t.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-5879268-503544.html

The director of the Secret Service today disputed widely-reported claims that President Obama is receiving more death threats than previous presidents.

At a congressional hearing into the White House security breach that took place last week, when Tareq and Michaele Salahi "crashed" the White House state dinner, Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan said the current threat level against the president is normal.

"The threats right now ... is the same level as it has been for the previous two presidents at this point in their administrations," Sullivan said.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:58pm

The director of the Secret Service today disputed widely-reported claims that President Obama is receiving more death threats than previous presidents.

At a congressional hearing into the White House security breach that took place last week, when Tareq and Michaele Salahi "crashed" the White House state dinner, Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan said the current threat level against the president is normal.

"The threats right now ... is the same level as it has been for the previous two presidents at this point in their administrations," Sullivan said.

Look carefully at his exact wording....

Quote The director of the Secret Service today disputed widely-reported claims that President Obama is receiving more death threats than previous presidents.

So it all depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

At any rate, just because the guy made that claim doesn't make it true & he could've had any number of reasons to downplay the actual number.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:10pm

Nobody of any note did any "blaming" (as you called it) either. Most of it was speculation in blogs & on forums like this one.

Now, how about the "anyone(s) of any note" who were publicly supportive of the birther droolers....

Donald Trump, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Ann-the-man You-know-who..... I'm sure the list goes on & on, but I'm not gonna waste anymore of my life on them.

Both were speculation, both designed to fire up the masses.  Few conservatives went for the birther thing.  But I'll bet that, with Bloomberg pointing fingers at possible right wing involvement ("a mentally deranged person or somebody with a political agenda that doesn’t like the health-care bill or something"), all he did was play into the fears of liberals and New Yorkers.

And, re the census worker, Maddow trotted that story out night after night for no other reason than to blame right wingers.  There was a liberal media frenzy at the time to blame tea partiers and conservatives for everything...in order to support the hysteria of the left.  Luckily, in every case that the tea partiers and conservatives were being blamed for, the truth came out.

Same with the racial epithet incident.  Breitbart offered $100,000 for video proof that what Pelosi said happened, actually happened.  There were never any takers.

In other words, these things were conjured up by politicians and media people to prop themselves up as victims, conservatives being the problem.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:19pm

So it all depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Rick Sanchez put the threat level at 400% of normal and in late October, the Boston Globe said it's "growing".  But a month and a half later, suddenly it's back to 100%??

This was an example of the media using questionable sources, and then not actually looking into them.  Why didn't they check with the director of the Secret Service to begin with? 

I'll answer that:
Because they didn't want to.  They liked the story as it was.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:42pm
You just keep on living in denial, Thor.

That's where all right wingers are destined to be living before too much longer anyway.

The GOP is imploding as the tea party continues to fracture it by insisting on supporting extremist kooks who mainstream America wants nothing to do with.

The current field of Repub candidates for this fall is a joke & the front runner can't gain any traction with the aforementioned tea party kooks.

And as far as the speculation is concerned.... the right has earned the right, so to speak, to be suspected of that kinda crap because of their constant, angry, vitriol in which they suggest or hint at the possibility of bringing their guns into their politics.

And let's not forget all of the other far right conservative groups like the Klan & all the anti-govt., para-military militia groups out there that you insist don't exist, or are nothing more than nice, decent fellas who want nothing more than to practice their conservative values while not bothering anybody.

Sheer nonsense. The reason why people (both far left & moderate) immediately assume right wingers are behind some of these incidents is because of the image the right has created for itself.

But of course, as in the spitting/epithet incident, if there's no videotape of it, according to you & the rest of Breitbart's lackies, it didn't happen.

This is what the conservative right has come to..... a bunch of Bart Simpsons:

Good for you!!!! Clap

BTW: here's some classic Breitbart for you to longingly, lovingly reflect back on his memory & admire him for...

When considering the above, along with Rush Limbo's recent comments, it just leads one to ask oneself...

"Gee whiz.... why do those poor innocent widdle conservatives always get such a bad rap by those big, mean old liberals???"

Wacko

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:56pm

Rick Sanchez put the threat level at 400% of normal and in late October, the Boston Globe said it's "growing".  But a month and a half later, suddenly it's back to 100%??

This was an example of the media using questionable sources, and then not actually looking into them.  Why didn't they check with the director of the Secret Service to begin with? 

I'll answer that:
Because they didn't want to.  They liked the story as it was.

I repeat....

Quote And as far as the speculation is concerned.... the right has earned the right, so to speak, to be suspected of that kinda crap because of their constant, angry, vitriol in which they suggest or hint at the possibility of bringing their guns into their politics.

And let's not forget all of the other far right conservative groups like the Klan & all the anti-govt., para-military militia groups out there that you insist don't exist, or are nothing more than nice, decent fellas who want nothing more than to practice their conservative values while not bothering anybody.

Sheer nonsense.

The reason why people (both far left & moderate) immediately assume right wingers are behind some of these incidents is because of the image the right has created for itself.

And as I also said previously, the reason(s) for the downplaying of the threats against Obama could have been anything. Possibly some sort of strategic ploy or something.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:16pm

BTW: here's some classic Breitbart for you to longingly, lovingly reflect back on his memory & admire him for...

LOL

Just when you think it can't get any better...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:18pm
"Natural causes"?....

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic