Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

google chrome (web clips commercial)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8thepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: google chrome (web clips commercial)
    Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:46am
OMG I've only seen it once and I'm pissed because I know I'm going to see it every commercial break.. but anyways this commercial features a bunch of corny web clips and a 60+ man googling weird sh*t and emailing a picture of his grandchildren with the inclosed message"I miss us" ..... wtf chris hannson should be notified and ast but not least as its a new ad. Its very long and lame. And in a week or so they will show the shortend version and that will be no better smh...
"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button." - Sam Levenson
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:56am

i8thepie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8thepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 3:11am
Yes that's it thank you very much
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 3:15am
No problem!  I haven't noticed it on TV yet, so I was curious.

i8thepie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8thepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:09am
What are your thoughts on it? Lol ye or nay
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 10:17pm
Love the Chrome browser, haven't a clue what that commercial is about.Question
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 10:28pm
I've never used Chrome before.  The commercial itself has its cute moments, but it's jumpy and gets loud toward the end, which I don't like.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 10:49pm
Google has this Google +(plus), a facebook knockoff. Bet it's about that.Confused
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 11:00pm
I started to sign up for Google +, checked it out, and decided against it.  One of my friends is on it, but I don't think often.  She never talks about it.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 11:12pm
I use Google as my home page.  It always asks me to update to Google Chrome.  I haven't read anything about it that makes me think I want it or need it.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 11:40pm
i8thepie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8thepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 12:01am
I've been using xhrome for a while but these ads do t serve it justice
Mindybolt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mindybolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 12:12am
I have Mozilla. Lucky me, it doesn't beg me to sign up for Google +. But it does use Google as a search engine though.
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 1:27am
you would think they would i dont know maybe showcase why you would actually want to use their product, instead of stringing a bunch of socalled cute videos together and sticking your name at the end. i sure am glad they took 60 seconds to tell me their browser has a "to do" list for those too lazy to open a text document. i tried chrome about a month or so after it came out so im not sure if they changed it but the interface then at least was just a horrible mac ripoff with "sleek simple" buttons that castrate your functionality in the name of pretty shiny buttons.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 1:33am

Being a professional, there is no damned way I would use Google 'Chrome' - and, well, heck - get ready kiddies - they are going to merge your personal info into all of their offerings.

Homey don't do that...the kids remind me of Google fans.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 1:37am
If you have a Google account, there's a new privacy policy...which includes less of it.

This is how the director of privacy at Google describes it:

"But there's so much more that Google can do to help you by sharing more of your information with … well, you," Whitten wrote. "We can make search better—figuring out what you really mean when you type in Apple, Jaguar or Pink. We can provide more relevant ads too. For example, it's January, but maybe you're not a gym person, so fitness ads aren't that useful to you. We can provide reminders that you're going to be late for a meeting based on your location, your calendar and an understanding of what the traffic is like that day."

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 1:42am
Screw Google - no way!  
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 1:53am
Yeah, I don't want any sort of personalized Google experience.  I'm quite happy with a generic search.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Being a professional there is no damned way I would use Google 'Chrome' - and, well, heck - get ready kiddies - they are going to merge your personal info into all of their offerings.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Being a professional there is no damned way I would use Google 'Chrome' - and, well, heck - get ready kiddies - they are going to merge your personal info into all of their offerings.

LOLLOLLOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

You have all of the cutsie emoticons there, Tiz.
Brilliant...brilliant and simple. Not really funny. 
~~~
"Google's announcement earlier this week that it will integrate user information across its search engine, Gmail, YouTube and its 57 other services stirred criticism from privacy groups and some members of Congress. People have good reason to be unhappy about losing control over who and what services know what about them. But that is far from the only way in which we are losing control"
~~~
Read up, stay informed...or, remain simple and don't:
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 1:48am
I. ... Hate. ... This. ... Song. Thumbs DownDeadAngry
DesertX View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 2:05am
Google, Microsoft, Apple...pick your poison.

Meanwhile, Microsoft wants to remind everyone that the browser they force onto nine out of ten new computers is somehow better than it used to be.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 7:41pm
Since I work on the website at work my computer is stocked with browsers. Chrome makes our site look the worst for some reason. Web browsers, y u no render html the same?!

I'm on Chrome now though, when I'm not doing website work I use it for everything else at work. Don't use it outside of work much. I didn't think people still used IE but about half of our website views come from people using IE. I just don't get it.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Since I work on the website at work my computer is stocked with browsers. Chrome makes our site look the worst for some reason. Web browsers, y u no render html the same?!

I'm on Chrome now though, when I'm not doing website work I use it for everything else at work. Don't use it outside of work much. I didn't think people still used IE but about half of our website views come from people using IE. I just don't get it.

I use Google to search the net, but my browser's still IE.  Is there a benefit to Google Chrome?  From what I can tell, it has a lot of features that I probably wouldn't use.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic