Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vista Print

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snarkysnark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vista Print
    Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:55am
So this guy, named Anthony Flynn, whose business is called You Bar, is bragging about how professional his business cards look.  I wonder if he ever considers how professional his Bob's Big Boy hairstyle looks?
Sponsored Links

PhoenixAngel429 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhoenixAngel429 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 8:40pm
What about the Spa La La lady, all she said was her name and the business she owned when it was right beside her in it. It's not like I can't read you know!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 9:11pm
Vista Print really went from ORIGINAL commercials to standard B.S., with their current offerings.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
HarshRealm View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarshRealm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 3:24am

Here the vid, hate it!

It's a Harsh Realm
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 3:20pm
look at that subtle offwhite coloring. the tasteful thickness of it. oh my god, it even has a watermark.
i8thepie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8thepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 8:02pm
I hate the way she says "spa la la" what a dumb name smh and I looked them up and it seems spa la la is out of buisness lol
"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button." - Sam Levenson
DSgamby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSgamby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by i8thepie i8thepie wrote:

I hate the way she says "spa la la" what a dumb name smh and I looked them up and it seems spa la la is out of buisness lol
Wrong Spa La La

Sharon Waatti's Spa La La is in Edmonds, VA.
http://spalalasalonanddayspa.com/1aboutus-www.html
i8thepie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8thepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 9:00pm
No wonder I was reading about one in chicago. I thought it was a single establishment sorry..
"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button." - Sam Levenson
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:47pm
Does one get a happy ending at Spa La La?
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
flakmagnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakmagnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 2:20am
Oh, man...this one really gets to me. The second I hear that "duh duh duhn ding" music I'm scrambling for the mute button. Everyone in this commercial is so unlikeable! Except for the first guy, who says "from the minute I wake up, to the minute I go to bed, I'm working and focusing on the business." A word of advice for you, brother, you gotta fit in a little work and focus time on that wife of yours. Fat, flat-chested, and a complainer!? "Their hours are not 24-hours a day..." Ugh...what are your hours, lady? They don't appear to be too much. I mean, how hard is it down there at Sea World, honking and clapping for sardines? Clap Hate this commercial....the snackbar guy and his "8000 square foot facility" ....ugh. Go pound one in, Skyler, or whatever your freaking name is. I do like in that one shot of him, though, where his employees are shown neverously shifting about in the background. Their faces look like "wow, this douchebag is really full of himself, but we're getting paid so...just stick it out until that shift manager position at Wendy's opens up."
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 3:25am
1. From what I've read, Vista Print can be awfully scammy. In the way that they keep charging your card for things you didn't order.

2. The dude talking about his mom's kitchen seems totally gay. Not a problem just pointing it out, he's pinging my gaydar.

3. Spa-la-la.....please go kill yourself.

4.OMG I'M A REAL BUSINESS BECAUSE I HAVE BUSINESS CARDS!!!1!!111
It's ok, I'm in marketing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakmagnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 4:18am
I hear you on the Spa La La lady. She looks scary. And not just the ashy-ness. That one part where she is giving somebody a backrub....I dunno. The face she is making right there is a creepy blend of hungry and plotting. Watch your back...rub recipient... Sharon is gonna take a stab at ya! 
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 5:10am
Originally posted by i8thepie i8thepie wrote:

No wonder I was reading about one in chicago. I thought it was a single establishment sorry..

She probably sued the sh*t out of the Chicago one because it "stole" her name.  That, or they realized how lame it was and came up with something better, like a drive-thru suntanning salon.
  In any event, I expect to see the place in the news someday after it gets raided by the vice squad....  LOL
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 5:13am
Originally posted by flakmagnet flakmagnet wrote:

I hear you on the Spa La La lady. She looks scary. And not just the ashy-ness. That one part where she is giving somebody a backrub....I dunno. The face she is making right there is a creepy blend of hungry and plotting. Watch your back...rub recipient... Sharon is gonna take a stab at ya! 
She is rather fat....

Maybe she's a Raxacoricofallapatorian?

I'm going to watch the commercial again and look for a zipper...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakmagnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 6:02am
I had to look up those Slithleens on Wikipedia -- glad those things aren't real. I mean, imagine you are relaxing somewhere, maybe getting a nice backrub...drifting off to sleep and then -- BAM. That could never happen, though, haha (swallowing sound)...I mean -- that would be totally crazy if....(nervous laugh ).

"Everything else we've had a problem with. Vista print? None." Sorta funny you mention that, Skyler, because I don't have many problems with anything. I'm pretty easy going, they tell me. But you know what? I have a problem with Vistaprint.. I really do. Enough to rant about them in website forums, in fact. Funny how we can be so different.

Also, I was thinking about one more thing. The "8,000 square foot facility." That is a LOT of repressed homosexuality! Um...I mean square footage for your snack bar business. (nervous chuckle). Anyway, what does this transition from your mom's kitchen to this big place have to do with Vistaprint? It is really unrelated, isn't it Skyler. Funny how that works....

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 6:07am
^Doctor Who has ruined so many things for me...

Don't look up the Weeping Angels. And definitely don't watch the episode Blink...trust me :P

I have to admit, even though I'm gay I HATE assuming people are gay because of anything other than them clearly being attracted to males, but yes...this guy just screams bender. Repressed bender, especially.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakmagnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 6:12am
I've honestly never seen any Dr. Who, so those Slithleen things were enough for me to know it is probably pretty scary. (Do wanna see some of it now, though).  At first, just for a second, I thought the Slithleens might be "conspiracy theory"-level real, like those grey aliens or the reptile ones that supposedly killed Princess Di. But then, haha, I realized that....WAIT -- SHARON IS TRANSFORMING!!

PS: I've got a gay brother out in Los Angeles -- he is my best friend. Big smile Just gotta call the spades when I see them!
Cathode_Ray View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cathode_Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2012 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by flakmagnet flakmagnet wrote:

"Their hours are not 24-hours a day..." Ugh...what are your hours, lady? They don't appear to be too much."

I spent a number of years working at a family-owned small town printing shop, where we were open from 8:00-6:00 Mon. thru Friday. We were voted "Best" (eight times) in a local newspaper poll due to the quality of our work. We often worked OT when our customers needed it, and I often delivered to our customers on my way home after work (at no extra charge). Inevitably, after a franchise printing company came to town, we couldn't keep up, and we sold the business. Some might say that such "progress" is inevitable, but I've since been told that a lot of our old customers miss us. Something is always lost.
"Some things are unexplained, until they are." - Dr. Walter Bishop
schrutebuck View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schrutebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2012 at 5:07am
The last two words in this commercial consist of the guy saying: "Vistaprint no." This is a horrible creative decision. 

You should never leave your viewers with a negative statement involving your brand. 

Yes, the statement in its full context is making a point about how easy service is to use. But viewers listen/watch commercials in a fragmented way, so unless they're paying close attention, the comment will leave a negative impression. Especially because they're the last words, since that's the most impactful and memorable part of any ad (that's why slogans/taglines are usually iterated at the very end of the commercial). 

(The word "no" is partially cut in the youtube clip here, but it isn't whenever I've seen the ad on TV.)

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 12:15am
It looks like Vista Print uses generic templates that you can just plug your own info into. Newsflash, you can pick up the software to do that at Office Max or somewhere, for about 35 bucks. Heck, I think I have the disk somewhere in here. It also has generic templates for holiday cards, pamphlets, etc.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic